Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi, I'm Mimi!

mimimimi Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
I joined The Mix today. I discovered the group chat and everyone was so friendly! At first I was worried I wouldn't fit in because everyone seemed to know each other already but I felt very welcomed so thank you to everyone in general chat tonight!
I have really been struggling with my mental health for a while and never had very good support be that through friends or professional help. I hope this can be a good space for me. I already feel a little less lonely than I did before I joined so that's a good start!
I have a dog called Sam and I am a student. I have lots of house plants. I love reading, musicals, art galleries, exploring new cities and I love the beach! I love getting to know new people and I look forward to joining in more here! 

Peace begins with a smile :)

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Hi Mimi 😀
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey Mimi. Glad you feel welcomed already!  I have a dog too. He's called teddy.
     Everyone proper kind on here so I'm sure you'll love it. :) 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Hey Mimi, was lovely to see you in chat tonight and I'm glad we made you feel welcome <3 Everyone here is so thoughtful so you'll have no worries fitting in! 
    Alis propriis volat 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Aw welcome Mimi! 

I'm glad chat went so well, it's important to note that everyone felt the same way too even I did at one point! 

But everyone is welcome and fits in x

Sorry to hear about the struggle with mental health but I hope this space can provide you with a bit of company during these uncertain times as well as support.

Any thing you want to talk about just make a thread and we will listen :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Hey mimi ,

Welcome ! Ahh that’s good thsg you’ve got lots of plants you may find you get on with @GreenTea as I know there growing some plants at the moment too 💓

we really are a lovely bunch here and support you in any way we can 

much love 💓
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    hey @mimi welcome! :) it's sooo good you felt welcomed, we do try our best :)

whats your fav book? I love reading too :) also love beaches, I live on an island so lots of them to explore! one even with famous treasure haha <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Yes @Millie2787 I do have plants growing!

Mimi all my plants are outside based! I have sunflowers a friend brought me, trying to grow a tree, green beans, sweet corn, different herbs!
    What are you growing at the moment?
  • mimimimi Posts: 20 Boards Initiate
    Ahhh thank you everyone! So happy to see all your responses! 

@BubblesGoesBoo I recently read How to stop time by Matt Haig and it was really good! I'd love to live on an island, in in the midlands so the furthest away from beaches that I could ☹️
    @GreenTea I have lots of succulents and cacti inside, but I've also just started growing some sunflowers too and I have 3 really tall ones! I have raspberries and herbs and lots of flowers growing outside. My favourites are the forget-me-nots. 

Thank you everyone for being so friendly!! 😊
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,287 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome aboard @mimi! Awesome to have you. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    @mimi welcome to the mad house. but seriously as im sure you discovered in group chat, we are a friendly bunch really.