Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Positive Coronavirus news(COVID-19)

LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
edited December 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
It's easy to be consumed by the media so i thought while limiting our exposure can be hard as we are inside and using our social media, we can always look for true reports and positive news/stories!

For example, did you know?
Covid-19 is not mutating much as it passes through the human population. This means it avoids a scenario where the virus becomes more dangerous as it infects people. It also means when we develop a vaccine it will be more straightforward.
Flu mutates every year meaning we need a new vaccine every year to curb the effects. While this is looking like it will only need a single vaccine to curb its spread.

If anyone else would like to share just search up positive corona news but i will add more after lesson :) 

Keep checking this space for some positivity <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    edited March 2020
    Love this thread @Laine. :)

Aidan said:
    One of the best news really is that plain old normal soap kills it!

20 seconds of soap rips the virus apart, something to do with emulsifiers and lipids and blah blah blah, ask a microbiologist :lol:

Was going to say a similar thing @Aidan. It's the de-oiling effect that soap has that kills the virus (the thing that makes your hands dry after), so what you're using doesn't need to be antibacterial. Shower gel also comes under this category. :)

If you're isolating, you don't need to worry as much about washing your hands and not touching your face. That sort of thing needs to be strict if you're coming into contact with others or going to public spaces but, if you're in isolation, you can let yourself relax about those things. That's because you're not bringing anything new into your home from outside, and therefore not the virus.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    edited March 2020
    95% of people survive and probably higher cause of those not been tested (Its sad that anyone dies but the percentage could be worse) 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I don't know if this goes here but hearing it makes me feel so happy for the emergency services.

If someone purposely coughs on a member of the emergency services, you could get sentenced of up to 2 years in prison.

I see this as positive because the frontline need to be protected, they are so full of fear and worry and the last thing they need is to be purposely coughed on!
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    China's cases have really slowed down, and they're starting to relax limits in Wuhan (origin of virus outbreak) :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Rivers are clearing up and air pollution is down.

Reminds me a bit of the Icelandic volcano that erupted a while ago. It released a bunch of CO2 every day itself but saved a huge amount more in grounded flights. Always interesting how the planet benefits when we're out of action for a while!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Of the confirmed UK cases: 135 have recovered which doesn't seem like a lot but bare in mind symptoms can persist for a while and there are many untested cases who have gotten better too :)

Worldwide there have been 127,336 people recovered.

Cases in the UK look currently bad but it's handy to note that only hospitalised cases are tested meaning the death rate is not any higher than it was once suggested. But in fact could lower as Shaunie suggested x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,787 Master Poster
    There is a new version of baby shark. It is about washing your hands and it doesn't mention the word "coronavirus" at all.

https://youtu.be/L89nN03pBzI
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Over 175,000 people has Recovered across the globe 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    HowDoYouTalkAboutItHowDoYouTalkAboutIt Posts: 54 Boards Initiate
    The UK are going to start testing large numbers of people for COVID-19 so numbers will spike however the growth of the virus is actually below what was expected showing isolation (as hard as it is) is helping and hopefully saving lives.

Stay safe everyone. xxx
  • Options
    Its an opportunity to connect with family in your home and find a new hobby. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    And be more grateful! 
  • Options
    So where I live, all the gardens back onto each other, my neighbor had 'lean on me' playing really loud in their garden, and all I heard was several people join in singing. 
    It made me feel a bit emotional actually but it's lovely to see community coming together.

Here's the song:
    https://youtu.be/qkaexjc-1os
  • Options
    ThePigeonsThePigeons Posts: 199 Trailblazer
    @GreenTea Bill <3
    ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴇᴛs ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
  • Options
    Went to Asda..the line was a 45 minute wait. 
    Crossed the road to Aldi.. walked straight in and it was so quiet
  • Options
    209 more people in the UK have recently recovered. 344 might not seem like much but it is still much more than the 135 recoveries that it has been for a few weeks.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    edited April 2020
    at least since 3/4 of people at work have been furloughed work doesn't have to buy as many Easter eggs :lol:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Bojo got discharged from hospital. I hope that now he will have more respect for the NHS and give the staff the pay rise that they deserve. 
  • Options
    They closed the nature area's here for the public this weekend
  • Options
    They closed the nature area's here for the public this weekend
    :(
  • Options
    at least since 3/4 of people at work have been furloughed work doesn't have to buy as many Easter eggs :lol:
    More for those who are actually still going into work then!
  • Options
    Seeing how people are helping people they don't know..
    Its actually so beautiful and I hope it carries on after lockdown
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    That's a good thing :) people are still going to them and they are full. The flowerfields weren't closed and attracted many people today. People don't listen
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    That's a good thing :) people are still going to them and they are full. The flowerfields weren't closed and attracted many people today. People don't listen
    But most of it was still closed. 
  • Options
    Oops I meant were full, that's why they closed it
  • Options
    A 4 year old child fighting cancer, managed to fight of COVID19 and recover! Fingers crossed they win the fight with cancer too!

What a strong little bean
  • Options
    There has been no COVID19 related deaths in the my area for 2 days now 💪