Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

No Group Chat Break in April

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
A lot of you will know that we were due a Group Chat break in April. More info on those below:

What is a 'group chat break'?
Roughly three times a year, we have a week (or two) where we take a break from running group chat sessions.

We use these periods as a chance to gather up the feedback we've received from you all, reflect on how things are going on the community, and look at anything we might want to work on. Sometimes that happens behind the scenes, and sometimes we post discussions or run projects on the discussion boards for you to get involved in during that week.

It's also a good chance for our volunteers and staff to take a breather.

How often do we have them?
Typically, these happen once in January, April, and August.

The April break has been cancelled so we can keep our services open during COVID. When the dust settles and we're out the other side of it all, we will schedule in a break (likely two weeks rather than one). For now though, Group Chat will be open as usual for the forseeable future.

Any break activities like quizzes or projects may still go ahead, but it depends what we're able to manage and what our priorities end up being. If we do run any of that stuff, we'll keep you updated. :)
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Ah excellent news! am up to host an easter quiz if one is being done :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    This is great news Mike!
    Alis propriis volat 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    since there was no Easter quiz, can there be a Lockdown quiz? :lol: if so can I host a round? lol
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    since there was no Easter quiz, can there be a Lockdown quiz? :lol: if so can I host a round? lol
    I agree. Can I do a round too please?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    If we can get a lockdown quiz going i am more than happy to moderate it aha

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

Looks like we might be able to actually do it. I sent a pm to @The Mix about it. Just waiting for a reply. :)

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    As long as its a Thursday or weekend (my days off) it's all good 👌😂
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'll host a round of we do a quiz :) as I planned to last time but unfortunately circumstances changed so I gave it to someone else!
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited April 2020
    Well, looks like we're doing a quiz! ;) We were actually planning to announce one happening in a couple weeks, so you guys asked for this at just the right time.

@Laine and @Aidan it would be awesome to have you both modding it if you're keen. @BubblesGoesBoo, @GreenTea and @Kasa2103 if you're down to host a round reach then it looks like we've got everything covered!

Only thing left is to decide what the rounds are. Usually, we have a strcuture like this:

1. Topical round (e.g. Easter trivia)
    2. The Mix trivia
    3. General knwoledge

For those who want to write a round, post below with what one you'd like to do.

Since we're a bit past Easter and there are other possible themes (e.g. lockdown), what would you guys like that first round to be about? We can either be creative with it or stick to Easter trivia. :)

Only thing to note is that, due to not having access to the office at the moment, we won't be able to send our prizes to winners and hosts. But you'll still get your badges if you don't have them already. :cookie:      

Would this be a fun thing to have during the day or at the usual chat time (8-9:30pm)?

Edit: Oh, and thanks for the PM @Kasa2103 - the nudge was super useful!
    General Knowledge please!
    Chat time
    Can I do easter please 😊
    Normal chat time, or if its through the day on a Thursday 😉 
    @Mike can I get a PM of what sort of stuff to include in the mix trivia? 
    I would of liked to of done general knowledge as I've been on the ball with that but it's ok!

Just some ideas in PM would be great please!
    If you want @GreenTea I will do a different round instead because of how you have worked so hard on your general knowledge. It is fine with me.
    Normal chat time, or if its through the day on a Thursday 😉 
    I can't do during the day :( Sorry.
    Kasa2103 said:
    If you want @GreenTea I will do a different round instead because of how you have worked so hard on your general knowledge. It is fine with me.

No it's ok, you asked to do it first. I'll just have the mix guide me in the right direction for the mix trivia questions!
    Aidan said:
    Yes I am very much up for modding! Normal chat time or through the day are both okay with me, Bojo says I'm still grounded so got nothing else to do :joy:

Ooh for topical round idea, how about a geography or travel theme seeing seeing as we're all stuck at home?

Oooo geography/ travel idea sounds good!!
    A bit of education mixed into it sounds fun.
    Travel theme, hosted by the person who got kicked out of school... 🙈😂
    Definitely keen to mod :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Why not bubbles sounds good haha 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

it does sound good, but all I learnt from geography was my teacher climbed Fuji and had 7 brothers who threatened her first boyfriend.... so just be ready for googled questions haha
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Nothing wrong with Googled questions @BubblesGoesBoo. :tongue: And @GreenTea, generally I think people have gone with questions like "what forum has the most posts?" or "how many articles does The Mix have?", or something like "when was TheMix founded?". Really anything like that. :)

Round writers, please send your questions over to The Mix via PM when you have them written and we'll give them a once over to make sure everything looks okay. We'll also add them to our record for the moderators to use on the night, to help them keep score and know what's coming up.

It looks like we have a preference here for usual chat time (8-9:30pm). I've put up a poll to see when would be best to run the quiz. Vote for when you'd like the quiz to be!

We'll likely run it the week of Sunday 3rd, just to give everyone enough time to find out about the quiz, submit their questions, and for us to shuffle mods around on other chats if we need to. :)
    I have submitted my vote on the website. Just need to write my questions and send them over to you.
    Please don't let it run during a  support circle on a Tuesday..that wouldn't be fair... 
    Please not a Tuesday 😭 support circle is all I've got at the moment 
    @GreenTea It currently looks like it will be on the Sunday. 
    Kasa2103 said:
    I hope so. I really hope so
    edited April 2020
    GreenTea said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    I hope so. I really hope so
    Same. I don't want it to be on a Thursday. I have online counselling on Thursdays until 8:20pm and I would be too tired to focus on the quiz.