Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the Month - September

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited October 2019 in General Chat
Hey everyone, 

It's time to vote on September's Post of the Month! 

What is Post of the Month?
For those of you who aren't familiar with Post of the Month, each month you can nominate threads and replies you've seen on the boards. We then put up a poll and the reply with the most votes, wins Post of the Month.

You can nominate a post by flagging it, selecting Report, and then choosing 'Post of the Month nomination' as the reason. :) 

1. @Evelyn360 's reply in 'Pessimism'

Hey @Spook98, it's good that you've posted and I just want to say that it doesn't sound irrational at all. The way you've been feeling is completely valid and I empathise with you.

I think it's really positive that you've been putting yourself is new social situations and getting out of your comfort zone. Just because it doesn't feel like it now, just know that it wont last forever and the good will come back  <3 You are not "irredeemable" even if it feels that way.

When you say you wish you could be a different person; happier, confident and able to enjoy things more, have you considered making a list to counteract these feelings/ challenge them? You could try asking yourself "what would make you feel best about yourself?" Or write a list of qualities you like about you to reaffirm your values?

I understand when you say its draining, it can be exhausting trying to navigate ourselves, it's such a work in progress. 

I'm/ we're always here to listen  :)

2. @Alice123 's reply in 'Sexual assault and alone'

Hi @Jam_and_Jelly

How are you doing today?

I am glad you have friends who you can rely on to be supportive, you deserve to have a good support network <3

With the police, echoing what @Butterfly23 said previously, it is up to you whether you report it or not - it is in your control and can be dealt with at the pace that you're comfortable with. I understand that you are feeling some conflict about reporting the incident, would you like to talk more about this? 

I wonder if you would feel comfortable talking to the school about the rumours as it is not fair for people to be 'turned against you'. Was there something in particular that happened which made you feel like people are against you? 

Keep talking to us, especially if it's helping you distract yourself - we are here for you x

3. @Azziman 's reply in 'Job interview

Hey :) 

Firstly, congratulations on getting the interview! They're interested in you, so now's the time to make a good impression!

You say you're worried about lots of different instructions or lots of different questions. I'd let them know beforehand for sure, but wording it in a positive way can help. For example, instead of 'I'd prefer if you could give me instructions/questions one at a time because I can't process it', you might say, 'I'd prefer if you could give me instructions/questions one at a time, as I find this helps me perform my best', or something like that. In both cases, you acknowledge the problem, but rather than presenting it as a limitation, you're presenting yourself as someone who knows how to work around the issue - a key skill in any job!

When it comes to appropriate dress, I usually ask them directly. If you're not sure and want to know what they'd like, there's no better to ask but them! Usually, they'll be happy to let you know - it shows attention to detail. If in doubt, it's better to be overdressed than underdressed. You might feel strange if you're better dressed than needed, but being underdressed can be an instant rejection!

You've mentioned a few questions, so let's go through them:

Why do you want to work for us? This is a classic question, and for good reason - they want to know why you've chosen this company over all the others (even if you've applied to others!). It's a way for them to see your knowledge about the company, and some insight into what motivates you to work. I'd do some research about the company beforehand, and work that into your answer. 

When have you given excellent customer service?

Customer service sounds like a fancy term, but it doesn't have to be a job in particular. As long as you've worked with a customer or client in some way (retail job, care home etc - think creatively!), you've given customer service. The key is to pick a particular event or moment during that time when you showed off that excellent service. Going the extra mile, doing something outside your role description etc can all work! 

Good interviews require good preparation and rehearsal, so make sure you spend time on your answers. And remember to have one or two questions for the interviewer at the end - it's a chance for you to find out more about the company or job, as well as show your interest in the role!

Hope this helps - of course, if you'd like more help, feel free to drop me a PM! Wish you the best of luck on Thursdayx

Much love <3

I just wanted to take a moment to say how brave you all are for reaching out for support on the boards. It takes a lot of courage to do this and it's so great to see how supportive an online space like this can be. <3

- Aife & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Post of the Month - September 12 votes

Evelyn360
33% 4 votes
Alice123
25% 3 votes
Azziman
41% 5 votes

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey, 
    did you not recieve any of my post that i reported to be POTM? 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @Shaunie

I think I received all of them. I will send you a PM :) 

Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    Oh you didnt Pm. Did i do something wrong? Did i do too many? I mean i know i reported @Jellyelephant post that said "fart" but still could be POTM
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Shaunie said:
    Oh you didnt Pm. Did i do something wrong? Did i do too many? I mean i know i reported @Jellyelephant post that said "fart" but still could be POTM
    😂😂😂😂
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Come on @The Mix don’t censor me. The people want my post to win clearly  :#
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Lool. why not

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Any nomination made is worth a chance of winning. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Congratulations @Azziman for winning Post of the Month this month! Well done to all the nominees too and also everyone that's part of this community. Your support makes the biggest difference <3

In terms of posts that are nominated, we do include ones that make you smile from time to time if we feel they are appropriate! :) 

The Mix Team

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Thank you all! @Evelyn360 and @alice123 , thank you both for being so supportive on here for everyone, it's much appreciated! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.