Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sunday!

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru

Hey everyone!

I really enjoyed chatting to you all on the bank holiday thread I made last week. I thought I'd make another one today! What's everyone up to today and how's your weekend been so far? 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Comments

• GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I've been getting everything ready to go back to work tomorrow. Super anxious so trying to keep myself calm
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    I’m just spending the day in bed, as I’m not feeling so well. Perfect excuse to catch up on some Netflix 💓 How has your weekend been Aife? 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    @GreenTea I hope it goes okay tomorrow, the first day back can be a really worrying feeling. What sorts of things have you been doing to keep yourself calm? 

@Butterfly23 sorry to hear you're not feeling well, I hope you feel better soon :). Have you been watching anything good on Netflix? 

My weekend's been nice and chilled. I did a food shop, then just spent the rest of it catching up on TV shows too. I've been watching The Bold Type on Amazon, it's such a good show! Has anyone seen it? 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I’ve had a very stressful weekend , we still haven’t a clue where dad could be, trying to get everything sorted for college next week and trying to get this essay and other tasks finished for Saturday so I can print it off at the library 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    @Aife out for a walk at the moment but it's just started to rain and I'm in a t-shirt 🙃 probably gonna go home now and do some self care like face masks. 
    I just don't know how it's gonna go, six weeks off, major changes to everything such as timetable, building,  how class will work etc.
    The whole thing is just filling me with anxiety
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Hi 👋 

i have had a nice weekend. I major challenged myself yesterday and went to a party all day. I had henna done there and got a picture drawn by an artist of me. Also am very proud of myself because there was so much alcohol there and I literally had like 4/5 drinks all day and when I started feeling bit drunk I stopped and just had lemonade or coke. So I’m feeling proud of mysef and am glad of it today lol. Am so tired tho after so much people-ing so I have got a bag of popcorn and some Diet Coke and plan to spend all day watching films :) 

hope u all having a nice weekend 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    @Aife I have been watching bridesmaids but now im watching Scott and Bailey. 

Sounds like you had a lovely relaxed weekend! 
    @Millie2787 It sounds like it's been a really tough weekend. I really hope your Dad is okay and I hope you're okay too <3

@GreenTea oh no! It always seems to rain when we're least prepared for it! Lots of changes and not knowing how things will go can be a really scary feeling. It's really positive you're taking time today for some self-care. Face masks are a great idea! 

@Jellyelephant This is so great Jelly! I'm really proud of you <3

@Butterfly23 Great Netflix choices! Bridesmaids is one of my favourite films!
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Watching netflix... not a very productive Sunday so I feel kinda guilty.. 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    @*BananaMonkey* I love Netflix days! What are you watching at the moment?
    @Aife at the minute I'm re-watching prison break. :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I’m watching happy feet - I love this film it’s so cute!!!
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Making courgette chocolate cake with my housemates!
    Great choices @*BananaMonkey* & @Jellyelephant

That sounds amazing @GreenTea! You'll have to let us know what it tastes like!
    I will!

So @Aife what have you done this weekend? 
    Not too much @GreenTea! Just been having a nice chilled weekend catching up on sleep and Netflix :) 
    What are y'all watching on Netflix? Struggling to find things to watch
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I think we should have a continuous weekend thread & a week day thread that just go to every weekend/day, just a thought :)
    & my sunday was & still is shit
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Aife said:

Hey everyone!

I really enjoyed chatting to you all on the bank holiday thread I made last week. I thought I'd make another one today! What's everyone up to today and how's your weekend been so far? 

I went to an Eagle sanctuary. Then after that we went to a nice restaurant for lunch and had a massive roast. Does not help my Cramps at all! 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

@Aife the courgette chocolate cake!
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Went out with J to the isles and saw the haunted house, also had a picnic in a castle 😍 (dining like queens 💃) while telling ghost stories haha... her last full day up here 😭 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    @GreenTea I started watching Travis Scott's documentary but got bored! Have you seen The Great Hack? That's really good! Your cake looks amazing! Is it vegan? 

@Shaunie that's a nice idea! Sorry to hear your Sunday wasn't the best. Are you up to anything nice this week? 

@Kasa2103 that's really cool! Did you take any pictures of the eagles? 

@BubblesGoesBoo a picnic in a castle sounds amazing! Hope you had a nice time :) 
    Shaunie said:
    I think we should have a continuous weekend thread & a week day thread that just go to every weekend/day, just a thought :)
    I used to post a friday thread where we would share our weekend plans, if it's something your interested in I could start that back up again? :heart: 
    Aife said:
    @GreenTea I started watching Travis Scott's documentary but got bored! Have you seen The Great Hack? That's really good! Your cake looks amazing! Is it vegan? 

@Shaunie that's a nice idea! Sorry to hear your Sunday wasn't the best. Are you up to anything nice this week? 

@Kasa2103 that's really cool! Did you take any pictures of the eagles? 

@BubblesGoesBoo a picnic in a castle sounds amazing! Hope you had a nice time :) 
    A few but they are on my I-Pad. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Shaunie said:
    I used to post a friday thread where we would share our weekend plans, if it's something your interested in I could start that back up again? :heart: 
    Yeah. I liked your threads :)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited September 2019
    Shaunie said:
    Shaunie said:
    Yeah. I liked your threads :)
    Cool. I will start them back up. Will try to remember each week if I can. What about Monday threads where we share our week plans too? Or just friday thread 
    I think monday thread would be good too. But not sure what others think. 
    I could start a poll 
    Just about to post the photos of the eagles from my I-Pad. Fingers crossed it has battery.