Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A message from Wayne

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey Mixlorians,

A lot of you will know Wayne, our longest serving group chat moderator. He's been involved with The Mix community since before it was The Mix (back in the days of YouthNet), and did his first shift almost a decade ago. He's made a herculean contribution to the community over that time, and won't be forgotten easily.

Wayne's time at The Mix is now drawing to a close, and here's a personal message from him:

Hello everybody, I am posting to announce that I will not be moderating chat from after the summer break.

I have had so much fun with a lot of the users who have come to General Chat, during the over 9 years and 7 months I have been moderating. It has been great to be able to connect with you and work with you to make General Chat the great chat, a waynderful world of fun, laughter and joy.

I am at least as sad that I am leaving as I’m sure those of you who enjoyed attending my chats are feeling. There is still some time left, so let’s make the most of it. Come to my chats and have as much fun as you want.

Feel free to post your goodbye messages below - we'll make sure Wayne sees them. :)

Mike & the team

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Options
    animallover20animallover20 Deactivated Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    Goodbye Wayne you will be missed 
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    It's been an absolute pleasure modding with Wayne, he was the first GC mod I met as a user. 

So funny,  gentle, always kept the rooms alive! 

I'm sure all of us are grateful for what he has put in here,  and he will be greatly missed! 💕

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Well done Wayne, now I'm crying 🙈 you were the first mod I met years ago.. when I first came on as that shy quiet girl (oh how things have changed 😂) you helped me to believe that what I have to say is worth hearing. You've seen me grow (in a good way I hope) and you've always been there to cheer me up (and it works) whatever you decide to do next, they're lucky to have you! You'll be missed so so much here. I hate goodbyes, but thankfully it's not time for that yet, so I'll just say see you later...  <3   
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Ahhh Wayne,

Haven't spent much time in GC however, can tell that you were much loved and were a really valued member of the @mix team. Good luck with the future! You’ll be missed 💗
  • Options
    Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Nooooo. My favourite moderator!! - you have been excellent and have cheered me up when times were rough and gave me such a positive distraction when i needed one. Your humour is brilliant and i know for sure that you have certainly made such a massive difference to my The Mix experience. So welcoming from my first ever chat. I will honestly miss you so much and just know that you will be amazing in whatever you do in the future and you will be sorely missed as a highly loved member of the moderator team. .  Thank you so much!
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Noooooo. We are losing so many mods. First of all it was Jo. Then Jane. And now it is Wayne. The chats with Wayne have been hilarious even if I sometimes don't act like it is.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    I've never been in a chat with this said Wayne person but I wish him luck on his future endeavours
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Wayne, so sad you are leaving. You was one of the first mods I met when I joined TheSite back in the day. You are going to missed so much but I wish you all the luck with whatever you go on to do next. You are amazing. 

Thank you for all those chats over the years and all the support. :heart: 
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    People are messaging me saying I need to be in a chat with Wayne modding so @The Mix when is Wayne next modding 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @davcr0ck

Was going to reply saying to check the chat thread for tonight, but looks like @dancertori beat me to it!

Enjoy,

Ed & the team

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    The Mix said:
    Hey @davcr0ck

Was going to reply saying to check the chat thread for tonight, but looks like @dancertori beat me to it!

Enjoy,

Ed & the team

Yayay

• Options
    dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    davcr0ck said:
    The Mix said:
    Hey @davcr0ck

Enjoy,

Ed & the team

Yayay

@themix @davcr0ck ive been refreshing the page for announcement all day lol
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    davcr0ck said:
    The Mix said:
    Hey @davcr0ck

Enjoy,

Ed & the team

Yayay

Which Despicable Me film is that meme/gif from? Whatever one it is- it is hilarious. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Just a heads up for anyone else who wants to write a message for Wayne, I made a Kudoboard for him. There are still 4 spaces left for messages. Just pm me if you would like a message included. If I get more than 4 submissions by the end of the week there will have to be multiple messages per Kudo but with a gap in between. 

These are the users I currently have the messages from on the Kudoboard: @Kasa2103 @animallover20 @Laine @BubblesGoesBoo @*BananaMonkey* @Aidan
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Although I've not been on the chats myself, it's clear that you've been a great help to so many. Thank you for all your great work Wayne - I wish you the best for the future!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Don't usually go into general chat much buthave been a few times. In the few times I have been you seem to have good sense of humour and will be missed. 

All the best! :)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Thank you for putting smiles on so many of our faces wayne, you'll be missed in abundance  :'(  <3

Salix
  • Options
    Alright everyone, the moment you have all been waiting for. Here is the link to the completed Kudoboard I have been making during the week. I understand that it is hard knowing that a well loved long serving mod is leaving. There is support out there for anyone who is upset or shocked. You are never alone. Life is Waynderful ;) 

https://www.kudoboard.com/boards/UYMwwvmt#view