Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi, my name is Zombiebunny557!

Hello, not entirely sure what to say or exactly how but here goes. Almost everyday at some point whether it's all day, a few hours or just a few seconds. Feeling panic or anxiety about something is just a normal weekly occurance for me.

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Welcome to the boards. I hope that you enjoy it here. If you ever need support you can post up a discussion or put a comment on the relevant thread. Have you read the guidelines yet? You can also message me if needed.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the boards @Zombiebunny557

You've been really brave posting here and reaching out for some support. When you're ready, head over to the Health & Wellbeing section to make a post. I hope we can help you here :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Zombiebunny557Zombiebunny557 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Everyday can be like a roulette wheel. You never know what number you'll land on and all you can do is be prepared to handle what the ball lands on. Life has gotten harder and we can only navigate through it as best as we can. Even though day to day life has gotten better for me, life still tends to throw something into the rotating cogs and bring my day to a stand still. Only this time instead of crying and feeling like my life is over and imagining things would be if I was taken out of the picture, I take a moment to just close my eyes and take a deep breath, this seems to help calm the alarm bells going off in my head. Then it's down to thinking with a clear head what the problem is, breaking it down into manageable pieces and seeing what can and cannot be done about it. It does help to talk someone about what has you on edge and it also helps for you to hear your ideas out loud. We all panic at some point, even when it's about silly little things that don't really affect the grand scheme of the universe. I always repeatedly tell myself what I have that's going great in my life and it helps loosen the tight knot in my stomach and release the tension in my head. It also helps that my other half is there to tell me that also and having him with me, knowing he has been through it aswell, just makes it that much easier to cope and carry on with life, enjoying the good things and stamping down on the bad. 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.