Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

General and support chat thread (25/06/19)

Comments

• Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    For distractions I have a big list that I could put on here for you, might help anyone  <3

-Watch a gripping TV show
    -colour/another creative task
    -Do something productive (coursework for example)
    - Self care
    -Excercise
    - Go for a short walk
    - Use a distraction/self soothe box
    -Play video games
    -organise/tidy
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Aw sorry to hear that @Butterfly23 but you're doing great! remember you are super strong and awesome, and we're here for you x if you wish to talk about these feelings we're here to listen, if you would rather not, try and do something that you enjoy x

I'm good @Kasa2103 how are you? xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    Hi @kasa2103, how are you?

@Kasa2103

How are you? Hows today been for you? x
    That sounds good @BubblesGoesBoo
    i haven't broke mine out in so long! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Night everyone :heart: 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    I just wish i could forget everything, be in a accident and get brain damage and forget everything, and never remember it

@Laine

Thank you!  <3 

Its just making me think about stuff that happened and how I actually felt during them times, which I hardly ever think about so i'm finding it tough x
    @Stephanie Night! x
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    edited June 2019
    @Kasa2103

How are you? Hows today been for you? x
    Not very good. ED has been talking to me again and it is horrible.

ED= Eating Disorder
    Don't want to say what one it is though. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Sorry to hear that @dancertori if you need to talk to the crisis messeger team or the 1-2-1 chat its still up and running.

To you and everyone here the services are still up and running https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

@Kasa2103 I guess by ED you mean eating disorder? i have eating disorders and it sucks, im here if you want to talk, even if its PM

@Kasa2103 I guess by ED you mean eating disorder? i have eating disorders and it sucks, im here if you want to talk, even if its PM

Yeah you were right. It definitely does suck. Thanks for the help offer. 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    @Laine thanks but i dont want police called out again like they did at weekend, i will just keep pushing myself forwards

@dancertori

I understand how you feel, its not nice to deal with  <3

Would you like to talk more about this? If not its okay just know that we are all here for you x

@Kasa2103

I'm sorry to hear that, how is that making you feel?  and is there anyting that caused it to be particularly loud
    It can be tough to go through our emotions @Butterfly23 especially if we don;t often, it can be good to sometimes, but if it is really upsetting you then it might be best to take a step away x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

@dancertori

I understand how you feel, its not nice to deal with  <3

Would you like to talk more about this? If not its okay just know that we are all here for you x

@Kasa2103

I'm sorry to hear that, how is that making you feel?  and is there anyting that caused it to be particularly loud
    Yesterday 
    Could I ask what happened yesterday @Kasa2103 <3

@Laine Yeah it is hard, got assigned a CPN today though so I think thats good, ANYONE have any knowledge/advice about them/what to expect. Thank youuuu x
    @Butterfly23 ive had both positive and negative experience with CPNs ive had a fair few now so any questions just ask
    Could I ask what happened yesterday @Kasa2103 <3

@Laine Yeah it is hard, got assigned a CPN today though so I think thats good, ANYONE have any knowledge/advice about them/what to expect. Thank youuuu x
    It is quite upsetting and could be triggering so my next comment is going into a spoiler. 
    @dancertori

What do they actually do? how many times do you meet? Do they provide support or do they just pass you onto a physiologist and stuff xx
    Thats okay @Kasa2103 <3
    Thanks for the consideration Kasa <3

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

I had a really bad day at school yesterday with my eating problems. I ate so much, kept being horrible about my appearance and I wanted to throw up and lose weight. I felt (and still do feel) like a horrible, ugly, disgusting, greedy pig and I feel like I have no control of it. I was the one horrible about my appearance, not other people before you ask. I said that I am fat, ugly, disgusting, a pig, I should throw up, I should lose weight and that I deserve my problems. I hid in the toilets a lot and cried a lot. I didn't actually throw up which I felt partially proud of and partially ashamed of. I feel partially proud of it because I managed to say no to my body throwing up. I did cough a lot though and almost threw up. I feel partially ashamed because it would help me lose weight although it is not the best thing to do. 

Laine said:
    Thanks for the consideration Kasa <3

No problem 
    @Butterfly23 they should meet you between every week-4 weeks, depening on you, at first there job is to asses you, to work out the best treatment plan, then if they refer you to therapy they may reduce or end the meetings, or can carry them on as normal. when i went into psychotherapy i was having therapy 3 times a week and seeing my cpn once, but i needed alot of support at that time, it depends on you.
    That sounds hard @Kasa2103 Sending lots of love xx
    That sounds hard @Kasa2103 Sending lots of love xx
    Tysm
    Thank you @dancertori

Really sorry to hear all of that kasa! have you talked to anyone about it? i'm really glad you didn't, i know its hard but theres better ways x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈