Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Group chats tonight (Tuesday 25/06/19)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Morning everyone,

Tonight, we have Support Chat and General Chat running from 8-9:30pm.

Support Chat: A place to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment. Imogen and Elijah will be modding.

General Chat: A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. Laine will be modding.

New to the community? Go here to find all the info you'll need about group chat.

You can find the 'join' links on this page once the sessions open. When you click 'join' for a session, you'll be taken through to our lobby area, from which you can access all the open rooms.

Have a good one :)
Mike & the team

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey @The Mix

I think ChatWee is playing up tonight im trying to get an error code for you but beat who run on the same system are having the same issue. Sorry guys. 

Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Not crying🙂
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Thanks @Abigail - we've just been notified of this too. We'll get in touch with the techies behind the software and hopefully things will be back up in time for chat tonight. :)

Staff won't be online after this post, but we've let our mods know that if they can't access the chat by 8:15pm tonight, the sessions won't be going ahead. So if you guys don't have any luck by then either, you can assume the mods have headed off and chats won't be going ahead.

If someone would like to create a support thread instead (or even use this one), that's totally cool and definitely feel free to do that. Moderators may or may not be around to help out with that, but feel free to go ahead and create that space anyway if you'd find it useful.

We'll check in on this thread again tomorrow with an update. :)

Apologies everyone - fingers crossed we're okay for tonight!

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    Oh, and once we get to 8pm tonight, if someone could post here to say whether chat is or isn't running, that would be a tremendous help. Brownie points for anyone who does that. ;)

Mike & the team

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Omg pls say chat is on I need it
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Not again. :( I hope it is just a quick fix issue or that it is my WiFi playing up again.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Abigail said:
    Hey @The Mix

I think ChatWee is playing up tonight im trying to get an error code for you but beat who run on the same system are having the same issue. Sorry guys. 

I noticed that with Beat as well. Were there group chats on at all? I tried for about 20 minutes and gave up. I thought it was just my WiFi but it obviously isn't.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Sadly beat support chat are still down and so is the mix. Normally when the system is down it's down for a while it's probably been off since about 5pm so it's highly unlikely it would be sorted tonight. If you do need support reach out to the crisis team, 1-2-1 chats, Samaritans, hopelineuk and if your struggling with eating disorders beat have some support on there page under support services they run till 8pm. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    I just checked and it still isn't working. Unless an absolute miracle happens chat will not be on.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2019
    Hi guys ,

Just to add what @Abigail said The numbers for some support places if you need them ;

Samaritans  : 116 123
    hopeline have both text and phone line which are open till 10pm ;
    hopeline Phone calls : 08000684141
    Hopeline Text : 07786209697
    The Mix crisis  Text like : 85258
    The mix Helpline : ‭0808 808 4994‬
    The Mix also have 1-2-1 chat chat until 11pm tonight or alternatively you can make a thread in Health and well-being section 

Have a good night guys 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Doubt it's going to be on now, just wanted to let you's know ill be around for an hour or so if anyone wants a chat/distraction :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Butterfly23Butterfly23 Posts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    I echo what Bubbles says, if anyone needs a chat i'm here and there are other services that you can use :) xx
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2019
    And heres load more of lists of support that can help, ive only just found this, quite interesting. Got specific subtitles of things may need support for

https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/support-and-information/if-youre-having-difficult-time/other-sources-help/
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Doesn't look good for chat running tonight guys! 

I am however free all night and will making a thread if anyone would like to have a ramble or get some support, i will happily check in to talk with people and make sure everything is within guidelines :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • dancertoridancertori Posts: 127 The Mix Convert
    @Laine where is the thread going to be? 
    I'm about to put it up in Anything Goes :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who really made the best out of last night. It's been awesome to read this thread back, as well as the chat thread over in Anything Goes, and see you all really working together to create a nice space and make sure everyone was looked after. :)

Also thanks to @Laine for helping look after those conversations last night!

We're still working with the techies behind the software we use to make sure this doesn't become a regular thing. :) We'll also post up an announcement about Support Circle to clarify what's happening with sign-ups (we'll need to carry some from this week over to next week).

Mike & the team