Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weekly challenge #99

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Image result for one positive thought a day

Hey everyone,

This week your challenge is to write down three positives thoughts a day. Take some time during your day to reflect on three positive things from your day no matter how small or big your thought is. Comment them below or post a photo of what you've written down :) 

Next week will be our 100th challenge! Make sure to vote on which challenge you'd like to do next week.

If you have any ideas for the next weekly challenge, head over to this thread to share them. 

- Aife

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Weekly challenge #99 6 votes

Do as many previous weekly challenges as you can challenge
33% 2 votes
Raise awareness of a cause you care about challenge
66% 4 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Ok let's kick his off, 

1 - handed in two assignments for the due date
    2 - it's been an month since I stopped self harming
    3 - I didn't punch the guy who shout, "ha gay, go and die" at me

I say that's an pretty good day, especially considering I didn't do number 3 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Was going to do this yesterday but couldn't think of 3 so I'm combining the 2 haha 

1)yesterday I went to trauma therapy, it was hard but good.
    2) today my aunt is coming up from England 😁
    3) going to try and enjoy her trip and not let my illnesses get in the way (and not end up in hospital 🙈) 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    (Im writing this past 12am but still mean the day before)

positive thoughts of my day

1) went to work
    2)eat my dinner without being told to. 🙃(Lol)
    3)andddd i cant think of anything else
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
    Monday:

1. I spent the day looking after myself.
    2. I didn't moan when I found out my favourite restaurant don't sell Strawberry ice cream sundaes anymore. 
    3. I got about 11 hours of sleep the whole day (9pm-4:30am, 5:30am-8am and 2pm-3pm.)

Tuesday:

1. I didn't punch the girl who stuck a kick me sign on me although most people would.
    2. I did 2 of my favourite dances in dance club.
    3. I got a level 3 (amazing for the subject) in Spanish.

Wednesday:

1. I finally finished making my pillow after 14 long weeks. 
    2. I got straight back up after falling in cheerleading.
    3. I managed to eat a whole pizza for dinner.

Thursday:

1. I stuck positive post it notes all around the school.
    2. I made an amazing geography poster about Nike Factory Conditions.
    3. In mentoring I completed 3 graphs in an hour (usually can't even do 1.)

Friday:

1. I made positive post it notes and read them out in counselling.
    2. I did a successful front walkover into belly flop and then a successful back handspring and somersault at gymnastics.
    3. I passed my gymnastics silver fitness badge first time! Now just silver floor, gold fitness, gold vault and gold floor to go before I finish. As long as they let me do gold floor in the adults class (I will be 17 by the time they start it) then I can finish all my badges which will be amazing  (19 badges in 12 years- 5 years old to 17 years old.) I started gymnastics when I was 4 but my co-ordination was so bad it started as just helping me not run into things or trip over everything. When I was 5 the club decided I was ready to start the 1st badge (badge 8- British Gymnastics Proficiency goes from 8 to 1 and then there are 5 bronze levels, 3 silver and 3 gold.) You can compete from badge 8 at the club I go to (everyone gets the chance to compete but it is mainly focused at anyone over 9 years old.) 

Saturday:

1. I managed to not get stung by anything whilst going Strawberry picking yesterday.
    2. I taught a dog how to dance (no joke.)
    3. I managed to get my mum right in the boobs with a Nerf Bullet (she didn't get hurt and she found it hilarious.)

Today:

1. My sister came back home for good.
    2. I broke my record of not needing to use Childline for a week and and half now.
    3. I reached level 830 on Toon Blast.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    It's really nice to read through your positives from the week.

@davcr0ck these are great positives! It's really positive to hear you're one-month self-harm free. This takes a lot of strength, you're doing so well. :) 

@BubblesGoesBoo I hope you had a lovely time with your aunt. You've shown a lot of strength going to trauma therapy. You're doing really well <3

@Shaunie It's great to hear the progress you're making with your eating. I know work has been challenging and this is a great positive. I hope it went okay in the end <3

@Kasa2103 you get extra points for thinking about three positive every day this week! I really enjoyed reading through them. The pillow you made sounds really cool! Can you share a photo of what you made? I really like the positive post-it notes you posted around your school too. Such a nice idea!

We've got one more day left of the challenge today. If you have any more positive from your day or week, share them below :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Aife said:
    It's really nice to read through your positives from the week.

@davcr0ck these are great positives! It's really positive to hear you're one-month self-harm free. This takes a lot of strength, you're doing so well. :)

@BubblesGoesBoo I hope you had a lovely time with your aunt. You've shown a lot of strength going to trauma therapy. You're doing really well <3

@Shaunie It's great to hear the progress you're making with your eating. I know work has been challenging and this is a great positive. I hope it went okay in the end <3

@Kasa2103 you get extra points for thinking about three positive every day this week! I really enjoyed reading through them. The pillow you made sounds really cool! Can you share a photo of what you made? I really like the positive post-it notes you posted around your school too. Such a nice idea!

We've got one more day left of the challenge today. If you have any more positive from your day or week, share them below :)
    Thanks. Some of the teachers didn't exactly appreciate having post it notes right outside their classrooms and my history teacher didn't exactly appreciate the post it note on my desk. Well f**k him. I can do it if I want to. :P At least a lot of people loved it and even asked me to do them some.

Of course I will post a photo of the pillow I made. It definitely is really cool and pretty. It was worth the blue dye all over my desk, the amount of times I accidentally hurt myself (ouch,) many hours and all the stress. Oh and the 3 hours spent on designs.

[tweaked by moderator] 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @Kasa2103 your pillow is amazing! All your hard work definitely paid off. It's really pretty, I love the sparkly snowflakes, the colours you picked and the smiley face on it. It looks really comfy too!

That's a shame about the teachers not liking your post-it notes but really nice that other people liked them and ask you to write them some. 

Also well done for passing your gymnastics silver fitness badge first time! 

(p.s. I just edited your post very slightly to remove some of the detail you mentioned about hurting yourself when making the pillow). 

• Options
    Aife said:
    @Kasa2103 your pillow is amazing! All your hard work definitely paid off. It's really pretty, I love the sparkly snowflakes, the colours you picked and the smiley face on it. It looks really comfy too!

That's a shame about the teachers not liking your post-it notes but really nice that other people liked them and ask you to write them some. 

Also well done for passing your gymnastics silver fitness badge first time! 

(p.s. I just edited your post very slightly to remove some of the detail you mentioned about hurting yourself when making the pillow). 

Thank you so much. It definitely is very comfortable and helps my very sore back (especially after pe or cheerleading.) It defintley was a shame that some teachers didn'the like it. Different people like or dislike different things and that is allowed. I understand that you had to tweak my post a little bit. Thanks for that. I understand that it might have triggered a few people. I feel so proud of all my efforts- it was worth the hip pain and being unable to walk for the rest of the night in the first assessment week. Thank you for being nice.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,147 Part of The Furniture
    1.i brought a scrapbook yesterday 
    2. Started bullet journaling yesterday’s 
    3. Anddd Wednesday is my pay day 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Ok then @Aife I've had nothing really good over the week but yesterday was great

1 - I didn't need my headphones when out to Abingdon pride (yesterday) 
    2 - didn't have an breakdown or anything at pride or when out with my friends yesterday
    3 - I'm trying to have an self care today

Aife said:
    @davcr0ck these are great positives! It's really positive to hear you're one-month self-harm free. This takes a lot of strength, you're doing so well. :) 
    And then two days ago I slipped into bad habits, so that's why I'm trying to turn it into self care :) 

Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    1) went to work and remembered my named work badge (manager has been telling me to wear it for weeksss and i just literally forgot every single day lol) and also good that i went through the back door instead of the main entrance because the mangers have caught me doing that lol. So made effort to go all way round😒lol not even that far. And i actually went to look for things customers was asking in the stock room lol - normally i say "no sorry everything we have it out" basically im literally so lazy ( and because 9.5times out of 10 is anyways ah). And this shouldnt be a positive thing - is suppose to be part of work lol so ive put it in one when shouldnt be any ahahh😭😂

2) Teddy was sooo happy to see me when i got home. 🐶🐶🐶He was jumping on me and licking me nearly bitting my face of because he didnt know what to do 😂and he was doing his puppy bark, running round the house crying to then come back to me and lick me and is always soooo cute to come home to. I was only gone 5 hours lol

3) went on walk with Teddy and he didnt bark at anyone

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    1) I managed 2 full days at work even though I was feeling crap mentally
    2) I'm thinking about accepting a promotion at work (which means I cant end up in hospital again (hoping that's motivation) but also have to sit in the managers meetings which is the only downside lol)
    3) I have decided to take a day off from work/seeing my family tomorrow to take time to myself, gutted cause my aunt is only up for a short time but shes proud that im recognising when I need to take a break :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Aife said:

@BubblesGoesBoo I hope you had a lovely time with your aunt. You've shown a lot of strength going to trauma therapy. You're doing really well <3

Thanks :) having a great time with her and getting to explore some of the places ive never been :)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    And i have another one to add to my positives of today. 
    - Love island was good.  (been finding bit boring this year. And was more interesting & funny towards end (well apart from the comment) -mean cause of the drama ahah)