Weekly challenge ideas

The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,476 Community Managers
edited February 24 in Fix The Mix
Hey everyone,

Some of you may be familiar with the Weekly Challenges we post up each week. They usually involve a fun challenge we can do on the boards such as photo challenges, quizzes, riddle challenges and more!

We're looking for new challenge ideas so if you have any, comment them below :) 

- Aife
We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,708 Postholic
    #1: Walking challenge
    #2: Dancing challenge
    #3: Jokes challenge
    #4: Drawing challenge
    #5: Rain themed photo challenge
    #6: Seaside themed photo challenge
    #7: Destroying things challenge (like tearing up paper)
    #8: Write about your role models challenge
    #9: Brainstorming challenge ideas challenge :joy:

Okay, those are some random and weird ideas, probs no good but maybe they'll inspire an idea in you! xD
    User inactive.
    The MixAife
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Carer/Craft Lover Posts: 2,236 Mega Poster
    1.3 positive thoughts a day 
    2. Something you like about yourself each day ( my hairs nice today , Ohh I did my nails and they look cute etc ) 
    3.Short  poem challenge - different theme each day or one theme for the week 
    4. Push yourself outside your comfort zone ( do something you wouldn’t usually go , walk instead of taking the bus , work in the day it’s set instead of last minute etc ) 
    “ I believe that you have the power to achieve whatever you put your mind too, You are living a life’s most people won’t  ever understand but that’s what will Be the root of all your determination and success. You have a soul full of love and kindness and I just know that despite all the hardship, a life’s of happiness awaits you and I’m very proud of you, just keep holding on” 
    Kathleen07The MixAifeButterfly23
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Sunny ScotlandPosts: 2,567 Mega Poster
    Try something new challenge
    compliment week
    watch a new movie a day week
    try new foods week

' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Kathleen07The MixAife
  • The MixThe Mix Posts: 2,476 Community Managers
    Hey @kathleen0172 @Millie2787 & @BubblesGoesBoo

Thank you all so much for your ideas! They are all really great and I've already started using them for future challenges :) 

If anyone has any more ideas, share them below. 

Thanks again!

Aife
    We're @Aife@Mike, @Italia and @Ed_ - the staff team here at The Mix. We don't provide support via this account, but if you have any questions about the boards or need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a message. Alternatively, you can head over to the Help Desk.
    Kathleen07
  • Kasa2103Kasa2103 Ugly Snake South EastPosts: 2,085 Mega Poster
    Extreme Reading (I did it in year 4- aka when dinosaurs existed  😂😉😜.)

What you were like as a baby (photos are optional.)

Mindfulness  (if it hasn't been done already.)

Weirdest ever primary or secondary school memory.
    I have endured pain and loss. I have felt broken. I have known hardship, and I have felt lost and alone.

But here I stand, trying to move forward, one day at a time. I will remember the lessons in my life because they are making me who I am. Stronger.

A warrior. 
    AifeThe Mix
    These are lovely ideas @Kasa2103 thank you so much for sharing them :) 

- Aife
    I've got another idea:

Alphabet photo challenge? - so on monday, a photo of something beginning with A, on tuesday something beginning with B, on thursday C, and so on. Weird and useless idea, but thought I'd share anyway lol. :)
    User inactive.
    The Mix
    wednesday** On Wednesday C. Sorry :joy:
    User inactive.
    Hey @kathleen0172

I really like this idea! Thank you so much :) 

- Aife
    Kathleen07
  • StephanieStephanie Posts: 352 Super Moderator
    Hey folks,

Just bringing this thread back up, has anyone got any ideas for the weekly challenges? 

Also there is already some super cool ideas, so thank you for sharing them already. 

Keep sharing those ideas if you have them :heart:

Sharing is caring :heart: 
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" 

- Albus Dumbledore 
  • LabraBellLabraBell Future paramedic :)Posts: 202 The Mix convert
    Not had much patience to read through the comments so sorry if I've said anything that's repeating. 

You could do a "draw your emotions" challenge, I do it sometimes and it helps to get the emotions away from you and lock them into paper.

Hey, hey, hey everyday when I wake,
    I'm trying to get up, they're knocking me down.
    Chewing me up, spitting me out.
    Hey, hey, hey when I need to be saved,
    You're making me strong, you're making me stand.

-Skillet, feel invincible.
    The Mix
    LabraBell said:
    Not had much patience to read through the comments so sorry if I've said anything that's repeating. 

You could do a "draw your emotions" challenge, I do it sometimes and it helps to get the emotions away from you and lock them into paper.

That's a cool idea, thanks for sharing :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" 

- Albus Dumbledore 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea The moonPosts: 1,055 Fanatical Poster
    edited August 9

Note Week

Write and leave nice notes on cars, in your favorite library book, on someones locker/desk. Just put some nice words into the universe.  

Show this by posting a picture of the note and where you put it.

(I use to do this on buses)

Pass @The Mix  do this around the office too

Millie2787StephanieThe Mix
    GreenTea said:

Note Week

Write and leave nice notes on cars, in your favorite library book, on someones locker/desk. Just put some nice words into the universe.  

Show this by posting a picture of the note and where you put it.

(I use to do this on buses)

This is such a lovely idea, thank you for sharing. Will add this to our weekly challenge ideas, :heart:

- Albus Dumbledore 

Writer Week

The challenge for this week is to write a short story every day for the week(7). Or, if you're not into short stories, try 7 poems

StephanieThe Mix
    Create a story challenge, like you start off with a sentence and everyone adds their own sentence to it and you get one weird and funny story at the end :lol:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    The Mix

Inspiration Week

Share a TED talk each day or share a quote of the day,figure out who inspires you.

The Mix

Creatives Week

This week you should do one super creative thing each day 

Posting a picture each day of that creativity

The Mix

Laugh Week

The challenge for this week is very easy....look up a joke each day and telling it.

The Mix
  • ShaunieShaunie England 🏠Posts: 6,457 The Mix Elder
    Where you say a lie and have to guess if it's true or not. Sort of thing loll need any excuse to play this. I just used to love guessing peoples lies and truths.  & cause get to find out actual funny truths. Can tell I've been watching would I lie to you. Lol
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton
    The Mix
    get outside challenge - going for a walk every day, and posting a picture of where you went :)
    think its been done before but not sure … compliment challenge, give someone a compliment every day,, something we should be doing anyways ...
    edited August 15
    Deleted. 
    Cute photo challenge. Cos why not?
    I have endured pain and loss. I have felt broken. I have known hardship, and I have felt lost and alone.

But here I stand, trying to move forward, one day at a time. I will remember the lessons in my life because they are making me who I am. Stronger.

A warrior. 
    Kasa2103 said:
    This is a good idea, thanks for sharing Kasa :smile:

- Albus Dumbledore 
    Stephanie said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    This is a good idea, thanks for sharing Kasa :smile:

No problem 

A warrior. 
    Or how about "what was your first word (or what do you think it was."

A warrior. 
    Butterfly23
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide County Durham Posts: 158 The Mix convert
    What about
    exercise challenge 
    food challenge 
    halloween challenge since it’s coming up soon 
    revison challenge where you have to revise one subject a day

i have got a new idea why don’t we do a recipe book challenge where everyone puts there recipes in and then it’s made in a recipe book.

Kasa2103AifePoppyB
    Hey know done before but not recently - id like to see another drawing challenge ? 😊
    “If we could look into each other’s hearts and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care” Marvin J. Ashton
    Butterfly23AifeThe Mix
    Find a gif that relates to anything that you did that day.
    The Mix