Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Summer Plans

mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
As end of term/school year and start of summer holidays is approaching, I thought it might be nice to share each others plans for the summer. Just something that can keep each other going to finish the year by looking forward to something.  

I just finished my first year of university and have until October off without any plans, so I also need some inspo =) what's everyone's plans for the summer? 

Comments

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I will be traveling up and down a lot 😂 
    I finish June 28th,  going to go up and visit my partner 😊

I'll spend some time there then we plan to come down for a while,  maybe go back up for a bit  😂

During this we'll probably do things such as hang enough with friends, go to the cinema, plenty of walks/hikes, beach day outs and roofless double decker bus journies :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    No plans expect work 😂 my aunt is coming up for 2 weeks this month then in August my friend from Aberdeen is coming to visit 😊 just going to be chilling and enjoying the sun if we actually get any haha. 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    I'm not at school/uni/college, but wanted to join in with this thread :heart:

Going away for a few nights in August with my big sister and her two boys, and cause I only work three days, hopefully I'll have lots of summer adventures, most involving my nephews I reckon :heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    I’ll be Babysitting a Little boy who lives across the road a few times, Working On Sunday’s and have a few trips here and there with Young Carers :) 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    edited June 2019
    Sleep
    Sleep
    Sleep
    Sleep
    YouTube
    YouTube
    YouTube
    YouTube
    YouTube
    Cuddles with cats
    Cuddles with cats 
    Cuddles with cats
    Cuddles with cats
    Cuddles with cats
    Cuddles with cats
    Watching the 6 year old neighbour running down the road without a top on
    Cornettos 
    Cornettos 
    Cornettos 
    Cornettos
    Cornettos 
    Cornettos 
    Cornettos
    GoApe
    Friends
    WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
    WhatsApp 
    WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
    Dance
    Dance
    Dance
    Dance
    Dance
    Dance
    Dance
    Dance
    Dance
    Monkey's 
    Camping (hopefully)
    Dog walking
    Getting a tan
    Henna tattoos
    Travelling
    Fart
    Fart 
    Fart
    Fart
    Fart
    Fart
    Fart 
    Fart
    Fart
    Fart
    Sorry 😂
    Sing 
    Sing
    Sing
    Sing
    Sing
    Sing
    Sing
    Sing
    Sing
    Sing
    Sing
    Slime 
    Slime
    Slime 
    Slime
    Slime 
    Slime
    Slime 
    Slime
    Slime 
    Slime
    Slime 
    Slime
    Use the boards
    Use the boards
    Use the boards
    Use the boards
    Use the boards
    Use the boards 
    Use the boards
    Use the boards
    Use the boards
    Use the boards
    Use the boards
    Use the boards
    Use the boards 
    Use the boards
    Maybe volunteering  (if 13 year olds can do that at any place)
    Loads

"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    If you're not doing much over this summer (3-4 months for some!), then I'd really recommend spending the time to travel! It's unlikely you'll get so much time to go travelling once you enter the world of work, so spend this time well! 

A lot of university students go travelling in Europe or Southeast Asia. Europe is close, so you can catch a flight from as little as £10. It's not too expensive to go to most places in Europe if you research and budget well, and lots of attractions and sightseeing is discounted for students too! Interrailing is also a popular option, and is cheaper than flying in and out if you see a few countries. Southeast Asia is a more expensive flight, but really cheap living costs offsets this really well! It's a chance to spend some time in a completely different part of the world, without it hurting your bank balance too much!x

If you can get some friends together and go, it makes a great trip! But if not, then going solo is great fun as well (Europe is probably safer for a solo traveller than Southeast Asia though)x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    I’ve already been off for nearly 3 weeks, have spent it mostly at home doing absolutely nothing ;) but I’m bored so need some plans as soon as possible haha.

I’m going on holiday in 3 weeks for a week, but other than that I have no concrete plans. When my boyfriend finishes school after his AS levels I’ll be spending time with him. Probably going on a few days out to the beach/park with the dog. And of course just relaxing and spending time with family before college in September. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Every summer im just like "this year i will buy a swimming pool" maybe should just come to realisation that will never be my summer plans lol. 
    Dont have any summer plans ://usually constists of sitting in the garden lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Definitely going to relax a little bit to prepare for my third year at uni! I am also learning to drive - scary but very exciting :smile: my boyfriend has also got a new puppy so I am really looking forward to some nice summer walks! But even without a puppy I think summer walks are a great thing - the fresh air can do wonders for how we feel :smile:
  • Options
    davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Uhmm try not to have an repeat of last year, that's all I ask 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    KatPlumKatPlum Posts: 10 Settling in
    i'm doing a theatre workshop in july, and other than that, i'm looking forward to being able to read more books, learn to drive, and spend time with my mates.
  • Options
    Actually I'm off to explore Worcester and Hereford in the Cotswolds, 2hr and 30 mins train journey here I come 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    @davcr0ck Enjoy Worcester and the Cotswolds are such a lovely place . If you get the chance take a visit out to broadway such a lovely little town. Though I’m not sure if any buses run out of there - But on thé Hereford to London Paddington line Jump off at Morton in marsh and get on bus into bourton on the water( the bus stop is in the railway car park and I’m sure there is a Pullhams Bus that goes into bourton )  I can guarantee you will not be disappointed . Have fun and stay safe exploring :)
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    @davcr0ck Enjoy Worcester and the Cotswolds are such a lovely place . If you get the chance take a visit out to broadway such a lovely little town. Though I’m not sure if any buses run out of there - But on thé Hereford to London Paddington line Jump off at Morton in marsh and get on bus into bourton on the water( the bus stop is in the railway car park and I’m sure there is a Pullhams Bus that goes into bourton )  I can guarantee you will not be disappointed . Have fun and stay safe exploring :)
    @Millie2787 I've been to Moreton in Marsh before back in March, I loved it their and I check out Bourton but I probably go with family as its sounds close to me,

I've gonna go straight from Oxford to Hereford, just wish that line had an more frequent train service 
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Sometimes a good garden chill is what you need to relax @Shaunie. I'm a big fan of having chill time with no plans when I need to unwind and declutter my mind. Also the threatre workshop sounds pretty awesome @KatPlum - have a great time. :)

Not sure if this qualifies as Summer, but I'm hoping to go on a hiking trip at home in Cornwall with a couple of friends around early September. Hopefully it'll be less of a disaster than the last time we tried it! Also going home for a week next month but that's more of a family visit.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    Seeing friends
    Bridesmaid dress fitting 
    Getting a paddling pool
    Watching YouTube
    Using the boards 25/7 ;)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Why have I just seen this?

I have 6 weeks holiday from work and I have a few night outs planned, few girly Trips to some cities with friends ( going to cat cafes along the way), a week in London because why not? And possibly going to book myself a last minute few days abroad for the end of August!
  • Options
    Off to London to go and do some train spotting this Saturday and hunt down the gay thameslink train

And next week I'm off to Derbyshire, staying in a amazing restored signal box building, I get some pictures of it for you lot
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Haven't done anything I said aside from go corner shop.  It's too hot!  😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    BINGE WATCHING ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK SEASON 7!!!!!