Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Group chats tonight (Tuesday 14/05/19)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

Tonight, we have Support Chat and General Chat running from 8-9:30pm. 

Support Chat: A place to talk about anything on your mind in a safe, supportive environment. Elijah and Alice will be modding.

General Chat: A place for more light-hearted chat about pretty much anything be it TV, music, the weather, that hilarious video you saw on YouTube etc. Stephanie will be modding.

New to the community? Go here to find all the info you'll need about group chat.

You can find the 'join' links on this page once the sessions open. When you click 'join' for a session, you'll be taken through to our lobby area, from which you can access all the open rooms.

Mike & the team :)

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited May 2019
    Your feedback form has gone. 

I also want to suggest we dont make people feel responsible for other peoples reactions to what we say if we have good intentions. We shouldnt have to feel like stepping on egg shells. And someone else could take what you say as totally different and see what i say  and see it as helpful. Yet because some people do not always see the good intentions and read it differently - we end up making the person who has good intentions looking bad and just dont think we should have that responsility of how other people react. We do have some responsibilty but not all
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru

We've just reset the announcement - can you see it now? Not sure what happened there!

Shaunie said:
    I also want to suggest we dont make people feel responsible for other peoples reactions to what we say if we have good intentions. We shouldnt have to feel like stepping on egg shells. And someone else could take what you say as totally different and see what i say  and see it as helpful. Yet because some people do not always see the good intentions and read it differently - we end up making the person who has good intentions looking bad and just dont think we should have that responsility of how other people react. We do have some responsibilty but not all

This is an interesting point. Like with most things, we definitely see a balance here - good intentions don't erase a negative impact, but equally we can't account for all possible reactions when something is said. There needs to be a middle ground. :)

We tend to use a rule of majorities when it comes to things like this. If a comment could reasonably be viewed by most people as insensitive or problematic, then the responsibility is more on the person who said it. If someone reacts to something in a way that most people wouldn't reasonably expect, then it's more about that person being mindful of their own response.

It should never be a case of feeling like you're walking on eggshells, but there is a responsibility to be mindful of what you say and the diversity of experiences on the community. We're not going to blame anyone or hold it against them if they say something insensitive without realising (communication is more difficult for some than others, and even more so when it's textual), but we might give them a nudge about it to help them consider other perspectives. :)

Does that make sense?

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I still cant see that announcement. But only on my account. I can see it logged out now tho. I think i now remember deleting it as there was a picture of settint logo near it and clicked on that to see what would happen and think i deleted it. But cant seem to do that with any other post so kinda weird. Anyway Doesnt matter i can still see if logged out anyway. 

And thanks yeah makes sense
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Shaunie said:
    I still cant see that announcement. But only on my account. I can see it logged out now tho. I think i now remember deleting it as there was a picture of settint logo near it and clicked on that to see what would happen and think i deleted it. But cant seem to do that with any other post so kinda weird. Anyway Doesnt matter i can still see if logged out anyway. 

And thanks yeah makes sense
    Hmmm... how odd! Not sure what to suggest there @Shaunie, but here is the link to the thread if you need it (might be worth bookmarking). :) 

If anyone else has that issue, please let us know.

Mike & the team