Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

All things Netflix (and recommendations too )

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2019
    Ive just finished the worst witch lol - I know is childish but reminds me of my childhood lol 
    Oh my GOD I used to watch that all the time @Jellyelephant but I'd totally forgotten about it until now. Serious nostalgia.

coc0mac said:
    @Shaunie I watched the first season of The Sinner and loved it! Haven't started season 2 yet though - have you?

I am watching Brooklyn 99 at the moment - really funny! 
    Also, Brooklyn 99 is one of the best things to ever come out of TV. It's SO good. What series are you on @coc0mac?

I've finally caved to peer pressure and started watching Game of Thrones. Loving how political it is so far, but I'm only on episode 4 of season 1.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    I am watching Brooklyn 99 and impractical jokers mostly but I think I am going to start “quicksand” next as it looks good and my sister recommended it to me! 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Recently there was a new episode of Riverdale.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Love Riverdale @Kasa2103 great choice! 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    Love Riverdale @Kasa2103 great choice! 
    Thanks. I have never actually watched it. How inappropriate is it for a 13 year old?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Hey @Kasa2103 you might be a bit young for it. There's a few violent scenes which aren't very nice to watch. Are you watching anything good on Netflix at the moment?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife said:
    Hey @Kasa2103 you might be a bit young for it. There's a few violent scenes which aren't very nice to watch. Are you watching anything good on Netflix at the moment?
    Thanks for letting me know. I will be sure to delay watching it for a little while. I am not sure if they are both on Netflix but Coco (get tissues whilst watching) and Sing (at first I was moaning on music on Friday when we watched it because we all wanted to watch Mamma Mia but then it was actually quite funny.)
    Those sound great @Kasa2103 I'll have to check them out :) 

I've just started watching the series Dirty John on Netflix. It's based on a true story and it's really good so far!
  • ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Dirty John is next on my to watch list! 

I watched the Unicorn Store a few weeks ago.  Its Brie Larson's new movie on Netflix. 
    Honestly, I wasn't too keen on it at first, because it looks kind of silly, but it was the best 2 hours ever!  
    Unicorn store just has so many relatable moments in it, plus its genuinely hilarious and so uplifting.  

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    I've been watching a dark series recently called the OA. Its split into 2 parts with 8 episode each series. 
    Series one is about a girl who arrives home after being away for 7 years. And she retails her story to people. 
    Series two is based on the after effect of the people who are told the story. It's a weird series. 
    It does come with an 15 rating so the content isnt all rainbows and unicorns it is a powerful series. 
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    I’ve been watching Friday night dinner , SHALOM 🤣 Also I watched  thé isn’t it Romantic film that was really good 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Aife said:
    Those sound great @Kasa2103 I'll have to check them out :) 

I've just started watching the series Dirty John on Netflix. It's based on a true story and it's really good so far!
    I've watched this!  Then for some reason half way through watching the series I was watching the one episode of the whole doctumenty where basically says everything in it and yeah i don’t know how I didn't know it was the documentary I clicked on rather than catching up with the series I was on. Must of been like half there, half somewhere else lol. But yeah that ruined that for me. So def check you're not watching documentary before watching lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Line Of Duty. 

Watched 5 seasons within the last couple of weeks, Ridiculous but really good.
    Weekender Offender 
    There is a program that i did start watching and looked good will try to remember what it was :/
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    Throw some recommendations towards me, just got netflix on my Xbox 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    Not Netflix, but Good Omens on Prime is one of the best things I've seen in ages. Adapted from a Terry Pratchett story, and has an amazing cast - Michael Sheen, John Hamm, Jack Whitehall, David Tennant. Pretty sure Francis McDorman is in it too, at one point.
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling Posts: 487 Listening Ear
    For anyone that's into Jack the Ripper and historical crime, the whole series of Whitechapel is currently on Netflix. It's my favourite show. 
    The Hate You Give- contains some bad stuff but is about a 12.
    Mamma Mia- PG12
    Mamma Mia Here We Go Again- PG12
    Long Walk To Freedom (quite sad, gory and scary though.) 12
  • davcr0ckdavcr0ck Posts: 774 Part of The Mix Family
    I've started watching year of the rabbits on nowtv and years and years on Iplayer 
    Love is love and everyone is accepting and can share their issues with no judge from me and I try to help 
    edited August 2019
    Not Netflix but on BBC iplayer. There's a program called "teen taxis"   And it's where teens are sitting in the car with their parents and just driving and they speak about random stuff. But its interesting their convos and they  have spoke about things like Mental health sometimes. 
    Shaunie said:
    Not Netflix but on BBC iplayer. There's a program called "teen taxis"   And it's where teens are sitting in the car with their parents and just driving and they speak about random stuff. But its interesting their convos and they  have spoke about things like Mental health sometimes. 
    This actually sounds pretty cool @Shaunie. It's interesting how people-watching has really found a place in TV over the last few years, with Gogglebox as well. I'd be interested to see what people talk about.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    The Sinner on netflix, so good.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    This is such a good show! Have you watched season 2?
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Aife said:
    This is such a good show! Have you watched season 2?
    Started season two this morning, only watched like one episode of it though, I'll watch some more later I think. 

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • mags98mags98 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    edited August 2019
     Currently binge watching Mindhunter (18) which is really good but weird and creepy at the same time and money heist (15) 
    Post edited by mags98 on
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Has anyone else been watching better than us?
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I binge watched that unbelievable program that's come out. 
    However it holds massive sexual assault trigger warnings as that's what it's based on
    Not netflix. I dont think. Not sure. Watch it with my family so not sure. 
    But program A confession. Based on true story
    Just bumping this thread up cause im trying to find something to watch on netflix and not sure
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Shaunie said:
    Just bumping this thread up cause im trying to find something to watch on netflix and not sure
    Unbelievable.
    Weekender Offender