A game to help design government policy
Youth Voice Across (YVA) is a mobile app that turns policy consultation into a game to engage young people and inform them. This is the final idea that the steering group has come up with to try and make policy consultation more accessible to young people. Read more about the project here.
The story is
about a senior official trying to fix problems and gets the chance to
participate at-real world events! You can read more here.
How it works
- When you open YVA for the first time, a video plays that introduces your character and the point of the game. You are a young person making your way in the world, sharing your views and gaining influence. You can get promoted, become an elected MP and even become the prime minister.
- You can select topics you are interested in. The algorithm with automatically identify secondary issues you might be passionate about.
- You start off with basic multiple-choice questions. But as you get more advanced you move on to qualitative questions.
- The app sends push notifications to users when relevant events pop up in their local area/ on issues they are passionate about. They can attend the event. Scanning a QR code get them bonus points! Alternatively, users can live stream the event via the app and engage online.
- As you progress you can unlock more accessories and real-world perks for you and your character. Your character is anonymised, so you don’t lose street cred.
What do you think of this as an idea?
Any ideas for other story lines that you would prefer?
Looking forward to hearing your thoughtsItalia
- Rainer Maria Rilke