Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hello x From a Dr Who fan

ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
Hello I'm Clara Oswald ( not really- I wish🤣) 
Does anyone like Doctor Who? Fav episode, doctor, villain, ...
I love Clara Oswald, Missy, Extremesis, Aracnids in the Uk, Gridlock, The Sound of Drums...
Thanks!
My feelings are bigger on the inside.
 "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕
The joy is worth the pain.

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Welcome, Clara ;) Lol.

In seriousness... Welcome, it's great to have you <3
  • ClaraOswaldClaraOswald Posts: 146 Helping Hand
    Thankyou! 🤣😀everyone is really nice x
     "I do what i do because it's right... and above all its KIND" - the 12th Doctor 💕

Hey Aidan! I'm so glad there is someone out there! 😍

I love heaven sent!!! and then hell bent. The titles were really well chosen and I love the storyline with Me, however I think they could have done more with Clara's death 😥.

I definitely like the other stories better than the new series, as there isn't as much drama and emotion which makes Jodie look bad ☹️. I haven't watched series 4-8 yet but Donna is amazing so far, I love how they linked it to the Christmas episode. 
    However, Clara is the best 😉.

Love to chat more, I could talk forever...

Yay! I'm so glad you agree! 

Im so sorry I haven't watched The Waters of Mars yet - I'm literally on the Fires of Pompeii! (Will watch as soon as I can) I thought my world would end on New Year's Day when I have to wait a year for the next series ☹️🤣.

Who is your favourite villain? I love the Oog, and Missy/ the Master😈

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Wow! 😂 

I only started watching doctor who last year when I stumbled across Arachnids in the Uk (which was pretty scary to start with) and then I binge watched loads of series, so you're probably more of a doctor who fan than me 🤣

I love the dalek toilet plungers 😂, I went to a doctor who exhibition and they kept on touching you with it from behind which got really creepy, and the clockworks were good as well because they just stared at you as you ate your lunch with that ticking sound, or you would go round a corner and hear them but not see them (scarred for life) 

p.s. I like your tag line thingy- the one about the mudcrabs

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Love doctor who! 

Recently started watching it properly x

My favourite doctors are 10  and 12 but I quite liked 11 too 😊

My favourite episode has got to be the one where the 12th doctor goes to the dalek world(can't remember the name 😂)
    I took a break after I started getting into other things like game of thrones and rupauls drag race but been meaning to watching again.

I do love the daleks and cybermen. And the clockwork robots were great! 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Hey @Laine !

Im so glad you like it too! I thought there was no one out there but here I am with really awesome people😀

Definately agree with doctors 10 and 12, no pressure to watch it again (the new series isn't as good but Rosa, Resolution and Arachnids in the Uk are good if you don't have time to watch all of them.

How is is game of thrones? I have never watched them so it would be nice to get an overview😊

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Game of thrones is quite good actually, 

At times there are too much nudity and sometimes just mindless killing it feels but for the most part it's really entertaining.

I just say prepare for shouting at your tv screen 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome!!!  

Not a fan of doctor who unfortuantly. But i did watch it when David Terrent was the doctor. But that was about it ah

hope you like it on here
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    edited April 2019
    Welcome to the community, @ClaraOswald!

I'm a massive Whovian and could talk about it for hours. The Girl in the Fireplace is probably my favourite episode, and Tenant my favourite doctor. I have to say though, I'm so attached to all the doctors and all the companions that it's very marginal. Also piling on the love for Waters of Mars - definitely a favourite of mine (and generally feels quite underrated). :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Hello @Mike !

Im really glad you like it too, my friends say doctor who is overrated, so it makes a change! The girl in the fireplace was really good and inspired me to watch the older episodes, as I thought they weren't very good (how wrong was I) I also can creep my friends at school with it! I haven't watched the waters of mars yet but @Aidan said it was good too, so racing through episodes to watch it 🙂😯

Thanks to @Aidan and @Laine for the game of thrones but I investigated more and I'm not yet 18 and am known for being quite sensitive about films/ videos- but will definitely look forward to watching it in the future! 😊

Not a fan of doctor who unfortuantly. But i did watch it when David Terrent was the doctor. But that was about it ah
    That's cool, thanks for making me feel so welcome with @Azziman ! I know it's not for everyone, no one in my year likes it either🤣

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Aidan said:
    @Mike you're a whovian? :love:

Certainly am! Me and my friend are constantly having the dorkiest discussions about it, for hours at a time. Even down to reciting whole scenes to ridiculous detail. It was basically my whole childhood. :tongue:

I presume you are too @Aidan?

Im really glad you like it too, my friends say doctor who is overrated, so it makes a change! The girl in the fireplace was really good and inspired me to watch the older episodes, as I thought they weren't very good (how wrong was I) I also can creep my friends at school with it! I haven't watched the waters of mars yet but @Aidan said it was good too, so racing through episodes to watch it 🙂😯
    It's definitely got a bit of a cult following I think. For me, it's one of those shows that isn't particularly masterful in any single way (story, effects, etc) but I don't think I've ever been as invested in a TV show and its characters as I am with Doctor Who. Maybe the MCU. Maybe.

Really glad you're getting into it @ClaraOswald! You won't be disappointed with those earlier episodes. :)  I think the budget blew up when Matt Smith started because the show got popular in America, but even low-budget Doctor Who is awesome.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Clara 

Ohhhh you like doctor who too -me and my brother are the only ones in our house who like me z

Ohhh I’m not to keen on the woman doctor just didn’t flow aswelll as previous ones did. 

Must admit though my knowledge isn’t as extensive as @Mike and @Aidan are for that your have to ask my brother who will sit and recite all past villains for all past series 🤣
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    @mike so jealous! 🤣