Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Community quiz (16/04, 7-8pm)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited April 2019 in Community Announcements
Hey everyone,

If you haven't seen the group chat break thread yet, go and check that out. As mentioned there, we'll be having our Easter quiz on 
Tuesday 16th of this month, from 7-8pm. This will be moderated by Hann and Laine :)  

For anyone unfamiliar with our quizzes, they take place in group chat and have three rounds of 10 questions. One point is awarded for each question, and the first person to answer correctly gets the point (so there are 30 up for grabs in total).

This time, the rounds are:
  1. Easter trivia
  2. The Mix trivia
  3. General knowledge

As always, we're looking for you folks to write these rounds for us. This means writing those 10 questions with answers and sending the list over to us to check a few days before the quiz. Ideally, it also means being there for the quiz to host your round (ask the questions and award the point for each one).

The winners of each round will get a prize, and there will also be a prize for the overall winner. Depending on what we have to give away, there may also be something for runners up. Oh, and the hosts will get a little something for helping out.

If you're interested in getting involved, comment below with what round you'd like to write and whether you're also available to host it. :)

Mike & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    edited April 2019
    I'll write The Mix Trivia round. I will probably be available to host but I'll have to pm you.
    Post edited by TheMix on
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I don't mind writing the general knowledge round 😊 should be free to host it aswell 
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Thanks @Kasa2103 and @BubblesGoesBoo - really appreciate you helping out! We'll drop you both a PM to talk about the questions and some details about hosting. Kasa, keep us posted on whether you're able to do that.

That leaves us with Easter Trivia. If anyone wants to call dibs on that, comment below. :)

Mike & the team
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    Update:

Just waiting for a reply from my friend about the WiFi so I know whether I can host or not. If there is WiFi then see you at the quiz. If not, good luck everyone.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Kasa2103 said:
    Update:

Just waiting for a reply from my friend about the WiFi so I know whether I can host or not. If there is WiFi then see you at the quiz. If not, good luck everyone.
    Thanks @Kasa2103, that's good to know. If you can't, our mod will be around to host for you. :)

Mike & the team

The Mix said:
    Kasa2103 said:
    Update:

Thanks @Kasa2103, that's good to know. If you can't, our mod will be around to host for you. :)

Mike & the team
    She has WiFi! See you all at the quiz on Tuesday
    The Mix said:
    That leaves us with Easter Trivia. If anyone wants to call dibs on that, comment below. :)
    Also just a reminder that Easter Trivia still needs a writer and host, if anyone's up for it. :)

Mike & the team

The Mix said:
    The Mix said:
    Also just a reminder that Easter Trivia still needs a writer and host, if anyone's up for it. :)

Mike & the team
    I recommended The Mix to my friend so she might do it. I'll ask her.
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Can i write and host the easter one please, i love doing the themed rounds 
    edited April 2019
    louisa982 said:
    Can i write and host the easter one please, i love doing the themed rounds 
    Thanks @Louisa982! We'll be in touch. :)

Mike & the team

• HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Just to bump this, it's all happening tomorrow evening! 
    Myself and Laine will be modding, we hope to see you guys there! 💜
    Hann said:
    Just to bump this, it's all happening tomorrow evening! 
    Myself and Laine will be modding, we hope to see you guys there! 💜
    Awesome! Can't wait. Are you proud that I am brave enough to host The Mix Trivia? I'll try and definitely come. 
    Hey everyone,

I hope you all have fun at the quiz tonight! Thank you for modding the quiz @Laine and @Hann. It's going to be a great quiz tonight. 

Thank you to our hosts @Kasa2103 @BubblesGoesBoo and @louisa982. I hope you enjoy their questions. I've had a sneak peak and there's some great questions. :) 

Good luck everyone!

Aife

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Can’t wait yay
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    The Mix said:
    Hey everyone,

I hope you all have fun at the quiz tonight! Thank you for modding the quiz @Laine and @Hann. It's going to be a great quiz tonight. 

Thank you to our hosts @Kasa2103 @BubblesGoesBoo and @louisa982. I hope you enjoy their questions. I've had a sneak peak and there's some great questions. :) 

Good luck everyone!

Aife
    Thanks. *hides her nervous face.* 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    You'll smash it Kasa! and we'll be there to help if needed :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Why was I even nervous? That went so well.

Easter Trivia- Jelly 
    The Mix Trivia- Louisa
    General Knowledge- Louisa (Aidan came a close 2nd though.) 

However I think Google, Bing, Siri or whatever people use these days was used. 😉 

Hey everyone,

I hope you all enjoyed the quiz last night. Our overall winners were.... @Aidan and @louisa982

As Kasa mentioned the round winners were...
    Easter Trivia - @Jellyelephant
    The Mix Trivia - @louisa982
    General Knowledge - @louisa982

Well done everyone and to our amazing hosts too. We'll be in touch to send you a prize!

- Aife

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Had so much fun yayyyy
    The sun will rise and we will try again