Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So upset

SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular
Hey

Life has been tough the last few weeks and I'm fed up. I feel so much pressure and feel like I'm going to get punished for everything I do. I feel like crying. I'm having thoughts of self harm and haven't had those in a while. I don't think I'll act on them but if one more bad thing happens I'm going to blow.

Skye 
I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent

Comments

• Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hey @SkyeIsNotTheLimit I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering like that. Is there anything in particular that's been making you feel like this? Sending a hug xo 
  • Options
    RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there @SkyeIsNotTheLimit .

I've looked through some of your other recent posts and it's understandable why you're feeling so pressured, seems like you've got a lot on your plate! Is there anything specific that you're coping with at the moment that you'd like to talk through? If it's more than one thing then that's fine too the boards are a great place to get things off your chest.

You also mentioned that you're feeling like you're going to be punished for things you do, is there anyone in your life that makes you feel this way? It may be worthwhile to have a talk with them about how you're feeling if you feel like that would help.

I hope the day treats you well and you feel better soon, be sure to keep us up to date with how you're doing. :)

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Riley said:
    Hey there @SkyeIsNotTheLimit .

I've looked through some of your other recent posts and it's understandable why you're feeling so pressured, seems like you've got a lot on your plate! Is there anything specific that you're coping with at the moment that you'd like to talk through? If it's more than one thing then that's fine too the boards are a great place to get things off your chest.

You also mentioned that you're feeling like you're going to be punished for things you do, is there anyone in your life that makes you feel this way? It may be worthwhile to have a talk with them about how you're feeling if you feel like that would help.

I hope the day treats you well and you feel better soon, be sure to keep us up to date with how you're doing. :)

- Riley
    Thanks Riley. It's just everything is overwhelming. I'm just a bit of an anxious person so once something happens, like irregular periods or something at work, I panic and go into a spiral. I'm constantly scared I'm either going to be fired or be diagnosed with a horrible illness like cancer. I've never said that out loud before and with my ultrasound, if the tests were bad, I know they'd contact me immediately. But I still worry.

Today wasn't so bad in the end, at least I can have a nice chill evening. At least I know I hAve here if things go wrong.
  • Options
    Hey @SkyeIsNotTheLimit I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering like that. Is there anything in particular that's been making you feel like this? Sending a hug xo 
    Thanks Kathleen. Just everything getting on top with me and I'm still panicking about my periods. I couldn't get the results today because I had to cancel due to the time if the appointment. I keep saying if it was bad, they'd contact me immediately, but once I start panicking, I can't stop. I just want to be normal for once 
  • Options
    Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Thanks Kathleen. Just everything getting on top with me and I'm still panicking about my periods. I couldn't get the results today because I had to cancel due to the time if the appointment. I keep saying if it was bad, they'd contact me immediately, but once I start panicking, I can't stop. I just want to be normal for once 
    Hm, I get that. It's not the same, couldn't be anyway of course, but I experience anxiousness irrationally. I hope you can get the results soon at least, have you got another appointment yet? They would contact ya if it was bad, you're right there.

About everything getting on top with you, we're listening if you want to vent. Stuff must be hard for you :(
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hey Skye,

Hope things are a little better today.

Keep fighting on - you're doing so well!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Heyy

sorry you’re feeling stressed. I hope you manage to take time to self care & maybe find a different focus on while you wait for you gp to get back to you to distract you. Hope youre okay. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hiya,

So sorry to hear you're feeling stressed. Hope things start to improve for you soon :) 

Have you got another appointment to discuss your results yet? You're definitely right in thinking that if there was any really bad news, they would want to inform you as soon as possible. Is there any way (if you can't get an appointment for a while) that you can have a telephone appointment to discuss your results? Perhaps if you explain to the healthcare professionals that you're feeling extremely anxious and panicky about your results they might be able to help you (maybe by discussing your results in more detail and exactly what they mean for you and your health). I totally understand how you feel, I hate having to wait for results/appointments. 

Hope you had a nice relaxing evening! 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    I'm just laying in bed staring at the moon right now, my eyes feel like tears will fall and my heart is racing. I wish this wasn't me. Constantly i have obsessive thoughts running around my head, if it wasn't my period, it would be something else. I just wish I could switch it all off. I just want to be normal.

You've all been so kind to me. I've got an appointment in two weeks for a foot check but I'll try ringing for the results. I'll disable the period app from my phone too, it doesn't help to know I'm late still.

I'll cuddle my teddies extra tightly tonight for comfort. Just have to ride this out for now.

Skye
  • Options
    alishaxalishax Posts: 1 Just got here
    I feel very alone and I’m a shy person I don’t like to speak out using actual words I’ve suffered for a couple of years life’s never been easy for me I miss my mum I haven’t seen her since I was 1 I feel very low and alone and worthless I’m not as confident anymore I feel like people are staring and talking and laughing I’ve had suicidal and self harm thoughts before it’s a very dark olace
  • Options
    alishax said:
    I feel very alone and I’m a shy person I don’t like to speak out using actual words I’ve suffered for a couple of years life’s never been easy for me I miss my mum I haven’t seen her since I was 1 I feel very low and alone and worthless I’m not as confident anymore I feel like people are staring and talking and laughing I’ve had suicidal and self harm thoughts before it’s a very dark olace

Hey @alishax (sorry this is typed weird, my tablet won't work). I'm really sorry you've had a tough time. You're right, these thoughts can be a dark place, but definitely not a lonely place. Welcome to the boards, we're here to support you when you're feeling alone . I've been feeling really alone recently but everyone has been so kind here. Take it easy and be kind to yourself - ive done that recently and it's helped a lot  <3