Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hello! Very Unsure Where to Start....

ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
Hi everyone, I'm Ariana and I've only just signed up. I've never really used a site like this before and am already feeling a bit lost with it, so any tips or advice on how to get started using the boards would be much appreciated. :) I struggle a lot with anxiety and don't have a lot of friends in real life, so I thought trying something like this might help. Always happy to offer a listening ear to anyone who needs one. I generally find I'm better at helping others than I am at helping myself....

Comments

• Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    edited December 2018
    Hey Ariana, welcome to the boards :)

A few random tips in case they come in handy:

Profile: if you want to edit/mess around with your profile, click on your username - that will take you to your profile. There's a little human icon beside where your avatar will be; click on that and click 'edit profile' - you can do various stuff like add your interests or location, change notification preferences, and stuff like that. You can also change your avatar: when you go to your profile, at the top of your avatar, it'll say, 'Change Picture' - click on that and you can change it and stuff.

Posting: so, a few things here. Making threads: if you want to post a new thread, click on "New Discussion". Select a category (for example, if you want to post a thread about your mental health, choose 'Health & Wellbeing'), and add a title and start typing! Given how you've already posted this thread you probably already get it haha. Commenting: you'll see the comment box haha, just type in there whatever you wish to say and press 'Post Comment'. If you want to reply to a specific person, you can mention their username (like this, @Ariana ), or use the quote button - that's at the bottom of every comment.

Also a bit of info: You can't delete comments on here. You're able to edit them up until an hour after they've been posted. Though if you do want a comment or thread of yours deleted, click the flag button (next to the quote button), and you can report it to The Mix and ask them to delete it for you.

So those are some basic tips, I hope I made all that understandable. It's rather easy to use these boards, you'll soon get used to it don't worry :)

If you have any questions about how to get around on here, please feel free to make a thread in "Help Desk".

I'm sorry you struggle with anxiety bud, that sucks:( Feel free to talk on here as much as you like if you need any support.

It's good to have you here <3
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited December 2018
    Hey 👋🏻 
    welcome if you unsure on things takes a look through the threads in true help desk section and the start here section 😊
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the mix! 
    Hope you enjoy it here and find what you're looking for xo

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • ArianaAriana Posts: 193 Trailblazer
    Thank you so much @kathleen0172 that's super super helpful! And thank you @Millie2787 and @Laine for the kind welcomes as well. I'll go have a look at the Help Desk and then maybe start with the Health and Wellbeing board. 

Happy New Year to you all!