Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

toxic friends pt 2

hannahxoxohannahxoxo Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
hi, ive already made a discussion called toxic friends but this is a different problem related to toxic friends thats why its a pt 2. Basically i have a big friendship group but originally it was me and two other girls and people just joined. me and these two girls had a group chat (because it was just us three before) and we still use it now. we had an argument and it was me against them two. the argument doesnt matter one of the girls is called megan and one is amy. me and megan made up and apologised but me and amy didnt because when i called her to make up she said she was busy. the next day at school she was being off with me so i messaged her that night basically apologising (bigger person and all that) and she said its ok but never apologised back but whatever. she was still being off with me at school. weve broken up now for xmas and i know shes still off with me and will be when i go back to school. ive already apologised so theres nothing else i can really do so speaking to her is not an option. i dont think i want to make up with her if shes still being salty and bitchy after ive apoogised and done basically everything i can .her true self was shown during the argument anyway and it wasnt nice. during lunch and break it is quite awkward because we all sit together but should i just ignore the situation and talk to other people in the group. i have only got a few months left at this school anyway and everyone will get busy soon due to exams. 

Comments

• hannahxoxohannahxoxo Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    someone comment please...
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster
    Hiya Hannah:) Sorry no one's replied just yet.

Sorry about that situation. If you don't like or want this friendship anymore, I think that's understandable - it sounds like you may be able to just let it die out, and grow distant from her? If that doesn't work though, you'll likely have to tell her how you feel and that you don't want to be friends. That's if you want to end it, of course. If you don't want to, maybe try to talk to her again, or just give her space and hope she warms up to you?

Not much advice as I'm really tired, sorry dude haha, but hopefully someone else will have better advice if I'm of no help.

Hope you're well! 

• ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    Hi @hannahxoxo

This seems really unpleasant and awkward for you.  Friendship troubles can be quite stressful, especially when they can't be resolved quickly.  It sounds like you have done really well by apologising.  That in itself takes a lot of courage and maturity, so well done :)  It also sounds like you were hoping for your friend to apologise as well.  It can be really disappointing when that doesn't happen.  

I wonder what are you hoping for in this situation?  Sometimes having clear ideas about what your boundaries are within friendships can help you make choices which best suit you. 

Please keep reaching out here.  It sounds like you are doing really well managing this difficult situation.  

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

Sorry about that situation. If you don't like or want this friendship anymore, I think that's understandable - it sounds like you may be able to just let it die out, and grow distant from her? If that doesn't work though, you'll likely have to tell her how you feel and that you don't want to be friends. That's if you want to end it, of course. If you don't want to, maybe try to talk to her again, or just give her space and hope she warms up to you?

Not much advice as I'm really tired, sorry dude haha, but hopefully someone else will have better advice if I'm of no help.

Hope you're well! 

no it’s fine girl! hope you are too!!! 
    i do just want to let it die out tbh and leave it alone and see what happeens. do you think that’s a good idea. when all of our group are together i guess i just won’t speak to her and speak to others, it is quite hard bc we all speak to each other but i think i just need to act like it’s not bothering me and that it’s not awkward and then it won’t be 
    Italia said:
    Hi @hannahxoxo

This seems really unpleasant and awkward for you.  Friendship troubles can be quite stressful, especially when they can't be resolved quickly.  It sounds like you have done really well by apologising.  That in itself takes a lot of courage and maturity, so well done :)  It also sounds like you were hoping for your friend to apologise as well.  It can be really disappointing when that doesn't happen.  

I wonder what are you hoping for in this situation?  Sometimes having clear ideas about what your boundaries are within friendships can help you make choices which best suit you. 

Please keep reaching out here.  It sounds like you are doing really well managing this difficult situation.  
    i kind of just want to let the friendship die out i guess and kinda leave it. it’s just that it will be very awkward in group settings. thank you for your comment!!!
  • Kathleen07Kathleen07 Posts: 1,938 Extreme Poster

Hope you're well! 

no it’s fine girl! hope you are too!!! 
    i do just want to let it die out tbh and leave it alone and see what happeens. do you think that’s a good idea. when all of our group are together i guess i just won’t speak to her and speak to others, it is quite hard bc we all speak to each other but i think i just need to act like it’s not bothering me and that it’s not awkward and then it won’t be 
    Yeah, I think that's a good idea. I can see that it's difficult when in a group like that though :/ But from what you've said, it does sound like letting it die out is the most suitable choice. Whatever you do though, good luck!
  • SkyeIsNotTheLimitSkyeIsNotTheLimit Posts: 86 Budding Regular
    Sorry to hear you're having a tough time, we're here for you  <3<3
    I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent