Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly Challenge #70

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Related image

Hey everyone,

Halloween is coming up soon and for this week's challenge we've lots of ideas for Halloween crafts you can make. If you decide to make something post a photo of it below, we'd love to see what you've made :) 

1. Halloween origami - make a pumpkin, bat or cat! There's lots of instructions on how to make one here.
2. Paper pumpkins (instructions here)
3. Baking - bake some Halloween cookies (recipe here)
4. Paper bats (instructions here)
5. Vampire bookmark (instructions here)
6. Carve a pumpkin - check out these instructions over on the BBC Good Food website. 

We hope you have fun taking part in this week's challenge! If you have any other craft ideas, let us know about them below :) 

If you're interested in getting involved in some of the fun things we have going on at The Mix such as suggesting a weekly challenge idea, posting up your own weekly challenge, or writing something for the newsletter, let us know over on this form.
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Weekly Challenge #70 8 votes

Motivational videos challenge
25% 2 votes
One positive thought a day challenge
75% 6 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited October 2018
    I gave up trying to make the one in the actual link so just did this really plan shitty spiderweb one lol

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    That's really good @Shaunie! Love the spider web theme too :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Ah ive just started making a cake with my sister and gunna try and makw a halloween cake with spider web. But will probably be shit. But will post after if not too bad aha
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Aw that's exciting @Shaunie I'm looking forward to seeing the cake you make. I might bake something Halloweeny this weekend, I'll post a picture too if I do :) 

Here it is 🙃🕷🕸
     I find when i am a few steps away and i squint my eyes looks quite good 😂🙃

The spiders have eaten so much of it already! :( Lolll. 

Every year i try to crave a pumkin. Have brought a pumkin carving kit but not an actual pumkin yet
    Wow this is such a good cake @Shaunie! Love the spider decorations!
    edited October 2018
    Ah Thank you

If im still not sleeping the day away an feel better & have energy to leave my bed will be carving pumkin today & i have work off sick so probs will lol🙃🙃

@Aife did you bake anything ?
    Heyy,

I did do some Halloween baking! I baked some cookies and made ghost marshmallows (don't ask what happened to the one on the right...)!

• AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Aife said:
    Heyy,

I did do some Halloween baking! I baked some cookies and made ghost marshmallows (don't ask what happened to the one on the right...)!

Aife there amazing!!! The one on the right you could just say that it was scaring someone. 

I haven't done any halloweenie like always 😛
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Ah that looks really good @Aife
    My pumkin looks so bad 😭😂😂😂 omg lol. Well i tried 😂😂😂😂😂

edited October 2018
    It's really good @Shaunie