Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Heart operation was a success

My heart operation was a success and performed on Sunday afternoon 2 September. I had a valve replacement and something called a stent. I was discharged only a couple of days ago and now I'm at home recovering.

Special thanks to those who were wonderfully supportive to me. The anaesthetic reaction post-op was horrible; it felt like half my mind was missing and I was chucking up. Sophie was wonderful and stayed at the hospital so I wouldn't feel all alone.

It feels strange being back online and I don't mean just the forum. Just wasn't in the mood for anything let alone the internet. But now I am home, I will begin feeling the benefit of this op soon and in 6 weeks time my surgeon said I should be pretty good. Let's hope so!

It's good being back. :)

Love to all,
Mandy

Comments

• Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Woo! so glad it was successful! and so glad to have you back :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hiya Mandy!x

That's amazing news - sorry to hear about the anaesthetic reaction, but glad that things are on the up! Hope you feel better soon!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    I'm glad to hear that everything went well  <3
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
    I feel so happy that everything went well. At least you are better now which is great. :)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Thank you everyone who came to wish me well, for my strength is returning since a major operation to replace a valve in my heart was a success. The operation took 4 hours though the general anaesthetic made me feel ghastly during the week it wore off. My family continue to joke about their weird things my fuddled mind came out with. Just as well I can't remember now what was said! ;)

Sophie and I have moved to a larger villa with a delightful married couple from our family. The couple have children which is great as they are a lovely bunch and it's always fun having preteens enjoying themselves with us.  Our villa is higher up and overlooks the beautiful Port de Sóller. I have a larger art studio now and best of all, it faces north so I get nice flat light to paint in.

It's nice to be back. :)