Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Presentation Ideas

TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
Hello,
I posted on here not long ago to get some ideas for topics that I could make presentations on for the Psychology Society at my university. I have a list of things I could start a discussion on, and I've made a couple of presentations. I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what else I could add.

I made one on conspiracy theories, so it might be good to get an idea of what theories people are interested in. It would also be nice to have some information on things other than just listing a bunch of conspiracy theories.

I'm currently making a presentation on executive dysfunction. I have some information about the causes and treatments of it, plus what it is and how it affects people. Any other information would be appreciated.

Even if you don't know a lot about these topics, it would be good if people could suggest some questions that I could use to start a discussion.

Comments

• Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Within the conspiracy theory one you could cover 9/11 coz that is masssssive in the conspiracy world, also the Illuminati as a concept is massively controversial.

To be totally honest I'm not sure what executive dysfunction is so sorry I can't help more!!
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hey TheAprilFool!x

There are so many conspiracy theories! The most famous conspiracy theories are: 9/11 was an inside job, the Illuminati and New World Order, Global Warming as a Hoax, the Moon Landing was faked, the Royal Family assassinated Princess Diana, and several celebrities having died and being replaced by lookalikes (Avril Lavigne, Paul McCartney etc).

I really enjoy Psychology too! Some really interesting concepts such as the Mandela effect (groups of people remembering something incorrectly) have lots of content to discuss as well.

I'd also give a thought to talking about how psychology combines with other fields (medicine, politics etc), as it shows how prominent psychology is in our world :)

Hope it all goes well - let us know how it goes!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    Lucy307 said:
    Within the conspiracy theory one you could cover 9/11 coz that is masssssive in the conspiracy world, also the Illuminati as a concept is massively controversial.

To be totally honest I'm not sure what executive dysfunction is so sorry I can't help more!!
    Thanks for the help. I think that I've covered the topics you mentioned. I only covered them briefly because I don't want to run out of time when I'm presenting them.

I've started to learn more about executive dysfunction since I started researching it. It might be worth looking into. It's covers quite a lot of things that people might struggle with, and from what I've read, there are quite a few reasons people could be affected bu it.
  • TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    Azziman said:
    Hey TheAprilFool!x

There are so many conspiracy theories! The most famous conspiracy theories are: 9/11 was an inside job, the Illuminati and New World Order, Global Warming as a Hoax, the Moon Landing was faked, the Royal Family assassinated Princess Diana, and several celebrities having died and being replaced by lookalikes (Avril Lavigne, Paul McCartney etc).

I really enjoy Psychology too! Some really interesting concepts such as the Mandela effect (groups of people remembering something incorrectly) have lots of content to discuss as well.

I'd also give a thought to talking about how psychology combines with other fields (medicine, politics etc), as it shows how prominent psychology is in our world :)

Hope it all goes well - let us know how it goes!x

Much love <3

Thanks for the suggestions, there are a few things there I haven't covered. I'll definitely have a look at seeing how Psychology can be combined with other things.