Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Youtubers

SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey!

Just wondering if others watch any youtubers? Any sort of youtubes; vloggers or gamers ect?or who?  My sister gets me into watching like daily vloggers - though i dont exactly watch every single video as does get really boring but do occasionally watch. - which is kinda interesting. 

Have feeling no ones gunna reply to this lol but would be interested:)
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey @Shaunie

I watch quite a few Youtubers! I like the make up ones and a few daily vloggers too. My favourite are Jess and Gabriel they are this really cute couple that were doing long distance from Australia and America for ages now they are married. They also have the cutest puppy! Jess does make up videos on her own channel which I watch too. You should check them out :) 

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    I like watching animal Youtubers, like snake discovery :) 
    For games I watch Game Grumps when I want to hear jokes and be cheered up and Cryatonic when Im working because his voice is calm and he lets the game music play loudly enough for me to hear it 
    I also love Lo-fi channels like Lophee and involvewithaghost, the songs are so relaxing. Finding Animatics to my favourite songs is fun too.

"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I always enjoy 'How It's Made' videos on You Tube, especially watching intricate items being made on CNC machines. Fascinating!

My You Tube otherwise has much music tracks on, difficult to say who would be favourites of mine, but I have private channels set up for more personal music such as concerts I used to do with my own band: sorry, they're not for sharing.

I <3 animal and bird YouTubers, too. In particular these magpies always have me laughing :joy:

• Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey, I don't watch youtubers as such but really enjoy listening to BBC Live Lounges/acoustic sessions on there, don't know what it is about covers but it really interests me to see artists' unique takes on each others' songs. One of my favourites is this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNmpoj2Izwc
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Will and Cara compliment each other very well. I'd like to listen to more of their songs, as I haven't heard of them before. Thank you @Lucy307 :)

• Options
    edited August 2018

Ah this is interesting to read! Thanks for sharing!

i just mostly watch people Zoella & family vlogs like sacconejoly & family fizz lol & make up & fashion hauls. Like a youtuber called MissAlex (just mostly fashion related)

@Aife !! I watch Jess Conte! I Like her makeup videos too. But only have been watching her since i saw her video on her shopping haul on Romwe. Do you watch clothes related videos aswell as make up?. Like i watch a load of shopping hauls too & like Romwe is my faviourate online shop. Aha but anyway, ill have a look at their shared account!

Aw @Eyepatch im glad you found stuff you like! Animal videos can be so cute! & just as relaxing as songs sometimes!

@Floxythats interesting! Private accounts can be pretty useful & i have private account so i hopefully wont lose videos of my dog ah. And that video is cute! though at first of got me a lil stressed at start as there was only one magpie (all that supersition with magpies)ahah

@Lucy307 I agree with Floxy & is really interesting to hear a different verison of a song i like, dont think i listen to cover songs enough

“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey @Shaunie that's cool you watch her too! I do like clothes haul videos, I watch this girl called OliviaJade but most of her clothes hauls are from american shops which we don't have here. I also watch Zoella and Saconejoly's! So cute they are about to have another baby any day now! I haven't heard of MissAlex before but I'll check her out :) 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    @Aife Ah yeah think thats why i watch a lot of online shop hauls cause like romwe have ameican & uk site. 
    Saconejolys are a cute family aha
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Bit of a YouTube fanatic here...

I go through pretty distinct phases with YouTubers. At the moment, the thing I love to watch most is genuine, pure and loving friendships. Right now, I'm following the UK YouTuber crew of Daniel J Layton (his Baking With Layton series is the great thing on the internet), Hazel Hayes, Jack Howard, Dodie Clark and Sammy Paul. They all either are living or have lived together at some point in time, so it's really funny seeing them crop up in each other's vlogs all the time.

I also enjoy deep dives into movies, music and gaming. Nerdwriter, Lessons From The Screenplay and Folding Ideas are some channels that do that.

I could go on, but that's a cross-section of my interest. :p

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Mike said
    his Baking With Layton series is the great thing on the internet), 

@Mike
     Aha well they defo looks like could apply for The Great British Bake off ;) i only watched a lil bit but he looks like a funny youtuber aha 

Ive watched some baking vidoes- of Tanya Burr’s though probably not as good ah
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Does anyone watch Shane Dawson - he has like 16M subs😶. But i only watch his conspiracy theories.

This is probs not interesting so yeah probably ignore

But This one got me questioning my whole life.  https://youtu.be/_53cGxAUuDk parts i found interesting are that scientists have actually found a way to age reverse mice. & that in future can revervse humans age - by using their young DNA. And basically the theory is that ‘23 and me’ (an american version of ancestry) is aiming their advertisment at younger people & working with google (as google keeps everything), collecting DNA so in the future when this supposdly ‘age reversal’ works - theyre gunna be asking the people for load money for their younger DNA so can reverse age. Like that sounds totally possible to me. Like maybe we should all freeze our own DNA rn, but lol i dont wanna live another day let alone reverse it. 🙃

Also towards the end theyre talking about the ‘flat earth’ before watching i  was like -the earth is totally round from all those pictures. But like after watching i totallythought the earth is flat for a good week that i felt like squashing the globe thats in my room ahha. But now im not sure 🌎🙃guess doesnt really matter tho, ah but just interestin

• Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I watch Shane Dawson but haven't given his conspiracy Vids a go yet so definitely will later! :)
    I mainly watch Smosh,  Dan and Phil,  soothouse, markiplier, jaackmate,  and many more that I have forgotten because I haven't actually watched YouTubers in a very long time, it's something I've been meaning to get back into :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    edited August 2018
    Ooh and loads of alternative fashionistas 

I can't remember how to spell their names because a few are Finnish and I think one is Swedish? (I've learned the languages pronunciation but spelling is still eh 😂😂)

I watch them for their clothes hauls and stuff I'm really into the alternative fashion style and pastel Goth and i'm sure I'd wear them if I had the money 😭 but until then I'll keep watching and dreaming 😂

A few goth YouTubers too 👌

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    edited August 2018
    Hi Shaunie!x

I love YouTube! I've been watching for a few years, and my tastes have changed quite a bit. Nowadays, I watch quite a few, mainly from gaming (for example, the Sidemen), but also others (such as Pewdiepie)x

YouTube has changed so much over the years - it's such a shame that the changes have made it more commercial at the expense of the content creators, because they're the ones who make the platform so popular!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    You Tube is excellent for tutorials, too. Having recently bought a kindle paperwhite, videos have been very useful showing tips on how to navigate my ebook reader, and there is good page to choose from.
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Great thread.

I watch Zoella, Louise Pentland, Dodie, Katie Snooks, Brogan Tate, Mrs Meldrum, just a few to name. I do watch others too.

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Royal Jordanian

A motorcyclist living in London
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Thanks all for sharing! Lots of different types, which is interesting 

-dont think anyones gunna find this interesting tho lol but sharing anyway🙃SoI did watch the ‘Ingham family’ until the Dad came out as a pedo texting the young fans asking to meet ect. Always thought he seemed creepy. So yeah dont watch that now & watch more of a family called “family Fizz” theyre the cutest family. Probs nothing anyone else on here would watch but gunna watch their vidoes everyday- maybe sad?. 

ive started watching ‘SophDoesNails (not really anymore)’. - Just youtuber doing make up videos, hauls ect. Which my older sister told me to watch & pretty good for make up vidoes

& started watching TGFbro. — Is Like entertainment channel. It is pointlessly funny - like they went into every city in the UK just to shout out “childish” and then leave. loll Childish? And they got into the cinema with hiding other person under their clothes ahh. And pointless stuff lol. But just funny people
  • Options
    Also watching Eleanor Neale videos. Is mostly on true crime cases. Think i need to stop watching though. Disturbing.