Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chat break week (13/08 - 20/08)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
edited October 2018 in Community Announcements
Hey everyone :)

Summer is in full swing, which means it's time for our next chat break week. We would usually post this announcement at least a couple weeks in advance, but I (Mike) am going to level with you guys and say I completely forgot. My apologies that you didn't get more of a heads up on this - that's on me.

What is a 'chat break week'?
Some of you will already know this, but for those of you newer to the community...

Roughly three times a year, we have a week where we take a break from running group chat sessions. We use these periods as a chance to gather your feedback, review it as a team, and see if there are any changes we can make to the way group chat is currently run. We also use them as a chance to get more specific feedback on any projects we're working on.

How often do we have them?
Typically, these happen once in January, April, and August. The next chat break will be the week of the 13th of August, returning on Monday 20th.

What will we be doing for this one?
We want to have a conversation with you all around the role of moderators in group chat. This will be taking place on the boards.

We are also holding a group chat to get your views on how chat is going, which will help us shape our plans moving forward. This will take place on Wednesday (15th of August) from 6.30-7.30pm. If you want to take part in this, please can you complete the survey over on this thread and leave some contact details at the end. 

Will there be a quiz?
Breaking the tradition of the break week quiz, we won't be holding one this time. Rest assured, this is because we're putting all our effort into behind the scenes work this time around.

I still need support. Where can I go?
If you'd like some quick, live support while chat isn't running, feel free to head over to our one-to-one helpline. They chat to people through three channels - phone, webchat and email. Our discussion boards will also be open as normal.

If anyone has any questions, just post below and we'll get back to you when we can.

Cheers everyone,
Mike & the team

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    edited August 2018
    Just giving this a bump, as you will see that some more details about what will be happening during chat break week has magically appeared :)Do get signing up for the chat about chat, it promises to be as meta as it sounds!

Have a good one,

Ed
    Post edited by TheMix on
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Did I sign up?
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous