Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What do you love about summer and what stresses you out about it?

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

Summer is presented to the world as a fun loving, happy and sun-filled time (be it in the media, an advert for a new drink or by one of your mates on snapchat). But we suspect it can be just as tough as any other time in the year - and may even have its own unique pressures, problems and challenges.

We're looking to find out what you love about the summer - specifically the things you're most looking forward to and the things that you do in the summer that make you happy?

We're also keen to hear about the things that might worry, stress you out or get you down during the summer months?

All the best,

Aife

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    What stresses me mostly is the pressure to be outside but also body image in terms of clothing.
    What i like about summer is lighter nights.
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I love summer in Mallorca. The long sunny days and warm evenings, the friendly locals who will help me out any time, my neighbour who helped me last weekend when I had a meltdown when my partner left me, but I can't stand the thunderstorms, the wind that comes with them (like a the mistral in France), and the massive hailstones that can fall. I hate the cockroaches that come out at night, thankfully not in my house! And I dislike booze-bellied foul mouthed tourists. Everyone does.
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Love - when we often get thunderstorms, ice cream
    Hate - all sorts of bugs, everything about the heat, noisy neighbours being outside, long nights
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Love - not feeling as cold, flowers, summer songs make happy, sitting in my garden & getting fresh air instead of being stuck in bed, trying to tan, buying summer clothes,being more drawn to the healthier foods & fruits - for some reason - which yeah makes someone feel lil bit better than eating shit all the time.

Hate -getting too hot, humid, getting too tired, going on social media then feeling alone and more depressed when see people having lives, feeling bad for not doing anything, longer days, more people outside in public areas make me more anxious, wasps, constant anxiety or parniod that may start randomly sweating or smell, other people getting agitated and moody from the heat, people moaning its too hot 24/7, having no money cause i complusively buy too many summer clothes when summer is basically a week😒, feeling fat in the clothes anyway, body image pressure, just being stressed & alone
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I love summer flowers like petunias and my favourites, forget-me-nots like my avatar. Also lavenders and rosemary come into flower fron now onwards into August. The downside is being in the flight path of summer bees, so we are re-positioning the lavender so as not get buzzed at on the patio.
  • AlyKatAlyKat Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Love: The beach is one of the places I feel comfortable at to relax. I go to smaller beaches.
    Hate: Humidity
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    I love most things about summer - it's warm, sunny, lots of greenery and wildlife around, and people all look much happier!

I don't appreciate every insect in the neighbourhood finding a home in my room though haha xD
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Azziman wrote: »
    I don't appreciate every insect in the neighbourhood finding a home in my room though haha xD

Fix a sill on the bottom of your back and front doors. And a mozzie net in your window(s) you keep open the most. A sill though will stop them and ordinary fly spray kills most bugs.
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Love - fresh air, not having to wrap up, making day plans with friends, saving money just sitting in parks. beer gardens, longer days & light
    Hate - hayfever, feeling sweaty and bloated because of the heat but having to wear less!
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    The heat stresses me out 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I love....looking at the sea. Bring a mug of favourite tea, sit down and put my feet up. It's an essential everyday ritual of my self care strategy. And it works.

What does not work is when we get a weather warning, humidity rises as does the heat. That's when I'll go back inside to avoid 40C:warning:
This discussion has been closed.