Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hello!

WhiteEclipseWhiteEclipse Posts: 1 Just got here
Hello, I'm White Eclipse. I'm a 13-year-old Agender who was coming here to discuss constant depression and recurring sleep problems that I cannot get diagnosed. Mostly because my parents don't think there's anything wrong with me, and one is a nurse, so how am I going to argue with them? You know how they can get! They like to always be right, like doctors do.

Anyway, I really, uhm, dunno what else to mention.
Cya...!
;V;

Comments

• HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 320 The Mix Regular
    Hello, I'm White Eclipse. I'm a 13-year-old Agender who was coming here to discuss constant depression and recurring sleep problems that I cannot get diagnosed. Mostly because my parents don't think there's anything wrong with me, and one is a nurse, so how am I going to argue with them? You know how they can get! They like to always be right, like doctors do.

Anyway, I really, uhm, dunno what else to mention.
    Cya...!
    ;V;

Hiya @WhiteEclipse - it's really great to meet you and welcome to the community! I'm Harry and I'm fairly new around here too! 😊

It's definitely a tricky situation like you say! Maybe you could try going through your school nurse? I'm sure that if you head across to the forums and put a post up on there then peeps will be happy to help as much as they can.
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community, @WhiteEclipse! :wave: Glad you found us.

I can imagine it's frustrating living with parents in the medical profession, particularly when they're not feeling what you're feeling or experiencing what you're experiencing. If you'd like to, feel free to head over to one of our support forums to start a thread of your own about what's on your mind. And feel free to take a look around in general, of course.

I'm Mike by the way, one of the mods you'll see drifting through every now and then. :)

Happy posting!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Oh, while I think about it, we also have an Under 16's Support Chat session happening tonight (6-7:30pm) if you'd be interested in coming along. :) No pressure of course, just thought I'd mention while I thought about it!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi WhiteEclipse,

Welcome!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Welcome to The Mix @WhiteEclipse :)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey
    Welcome WhiteEclipse
    Hope you find some support on here.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey! Welcome to the boards! Im Eleanor, and I'm 15. This is a fantastic place to get support for those things you mention :) hope you can find the support you need here!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Hello @ @WhiteEclipse

Welcome to our forum. I'm Belle. :wave: