Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Benefits System...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Our system is a balls up and an utter joke. Those of us who need it and genuinely entitled to it end up not receiving any help yet those who can work and can have a full time job choose not to purely to use the 15 hours of work maximum to their advantage in order to receive the money! It is a fucking joke!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So...Everyone knows that I'm right so are ignoring me
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Hey @HannahBannanna,

I don't know much about the benefits system but do you want to talk about what's going on? I know there are heaps of flaws in the systems here, but if you need help let's try and find a solution to get you help!

- Lucy :rainbow:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    TheAprilFoolTheAprilFool Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    Hi @HannahBannanna

I'm not really an expert on the benefits system, but I agree that it can be frustrating when people seem to be trying to take advantage of it. Like @Lucy307 said, we might be able to help you out if you are willing to explain what's happening.

-Janine:>
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hi HannahBannanna,

The vast majority of people who claim benefits do need it, but agreed that there are several people who do need it yet don't receive it/enough. There will always be people that will take advantage of the system, unfortunatelyx

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Agreed with you on that one HannahBannanna!
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Hey gang. This thread is a few months old and the original poster isn't around anymore, so I've gone ahead and closed this. Feel free to start a fresh discussion on this if you like, though. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.