Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone. I just found out about this website and it seems really cool so I thought I would introduce myself.

I'm a 17 year old college student currently struggling with having so much free time now that it's the summer holidays. I have trouble with anxiety but I'm pretty friendly and wouldn't mind talking if anybody wanted to. :) I'm looking forward to hopefully getting to know some of you.

Comments

• JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Cryptic, welcome to The Mix boards!

That drop off when the summer hols kick in can be a bit jarring, but glad you've found your way here :)
    You're more than welcome to start your own thread about your anxiety if you'd like - we're a friendly bunch and I reckon there are a few people around who'd be able to relate. You could do that over in Health & Wellbeing. If you wanted ideas for what to do with all this free time, you could always ask over in Travel & Free Time!

I'm James by the way, a moderator round these parts and part of the staff team. If you ever need a hand finding your way around, feel free to drop us a private message or head over to the Help Desk.

See you around :thumb:

James
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi James,

Thanks so much :) I'll have a look.

Pleasure to meet you. ^_^

-C
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome, Cryptic! :wave:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Hi Cryptic
    Hello wave.gif
    Welcome to the boards Cryptic :)
    Thank you Hiccup :)
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hey Cryptic, welcome to the boards!
    Hi Steph :)
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 617 Incredible Poster
    Welcome to the discussion boards! Anxiety sucks, but I'm sure you'll meet loads of lovely people and new friends here :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Hi, thank you Maisy :)
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey Cryptic,

Welcome to The Mix boards, I'm Elle, it's nice to meet you. There are definitely loads of people who can relate to your anxiety and this is a supportive community to receive support for that.
    I was just wondering if you've heard of The Mix live chats? There's a support chat (SC) for receiving support and a general chat (GC) for fun and general banter! The general chat is really good for distraction.

Hope to see you around.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”