Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What kind of problem-solver are you?

Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
Are you an ostrich, dolphin, rhino or terrier when it comes to problem solving? :chin:

Not sure what I am barking on about? Why not take our quick problem-solving personality quiz to find out more. We have done this to celebrate the launch of our new digital badge, which you can earn to show-case your problem-solving skills to boost your CV.

Monday challenge:
  1. Take the quiz below and share which animal you are! :yippe:
  2. Why not also sign up to our problem-solving course :yes:
​<iframe src="http://quiz.youthnet.org/quiz/3&quot; width="550" height="600" scrolling="yes" sandbox="allow-forms allow-same-origin allow-scripts"></iframe>
FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I'm a dolphin :)
  • RavenclawRavenclaw Posts: 74 Budding Regular
    Haha, I'm a dolphin too apparently! c:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm an ostrich! Forever burying my head in the sand
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Dolphin! Just wish my boss realised that, ha!
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Ostrich >.>
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Hann[/USER] [USER="95043"]apandav[/USER] [USER="96122"]Ravenclaw[/USER] [USER="44074"]plugitin[/USER] [USER="90420"]Hiccup

Thanks for taking the quiz and sharing your animal persona :thumb: Have you signed up for the course? :yes:

The thing to remember with these personas is that these traits are natural parts of us, they aren't good or bad, they just are! Having this knowledge though can be a real advantage. Knowing your strengths, and things you may find difficult mean you can make changes when you are faced with a problem. The problem solving course goes into more detail on how you can do this so do give it a go if interested :d

For example with the ostrich character, whilst they may bury their head to start, they can run really fast and catch up :yippe: I mean look at this gif...
    giphy.gif
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    I signed up to the course :yes: - probably will come in handy in the future :)
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Already completed it ;)
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 617 Incredible Poster
    I got Dolphin...pretty sure I would've been Ostrich (if that's the 'bury your head in the sand' type). Wondering if I answered the questions honestly XD
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    @Maisy Yeah burying head in the sand is certainly part of the Ostrich character, perhaps if you aren't sure, you could always sign up for our free course to learn more about problem-solving :hyper: Sign up here: http://goo.gl/forms/1fEVZwhuFh4Tw1IB2

• Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Got ostrich as well plus already completed the course
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Maisy wrote: »
    I got Dolphin...pretty sure I would've been Ostrich (if that's the 'bury your head in the sand' type). Wondering if I answered the questions honestly XD

Exactly the same experience! The mad rush to catch up (love the gif) also sounds like me... :p
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.