Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Struggling with pain and lack of sleep

124»

Comments

• Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Yeah may do. Just the pain is getting to me now. Hmmm. :/
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can imagine how the pain feels like it's getting to you now.Would you consider trying exercised to see if that helps it? Sorry, what do you mean hmm?x
  • Options
    Yeah will try searching for some. I dont mean anything by the hmmm. Don't worry.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Sorry, I guess I'm not properly with It atm but do want to at least try to help you, just as you do for many others.

Good, I hope you find an exercise/some exercises which work/will work for you x
  • Options
    Dont worry you dont need to be here for me. I dont deserve it.
  • Options
    Dont worry you dont need to be here for me. I dont deserve it.
    You deserve support from others as much as the rest of us do*hug*:heart:
  • Options
    Cant do this. I wish I could close my eyes and never open them again.
  • Options
    Hey I think you already know this but I agree with Enchanted. You help everyone here so you deserve help back. I hope you find a way to manage your pain and things get easier.
    *hug* *hugs* xx
  • Options
    What's up?Still the same issue with your sleep and pain together?Maybe it's a good idea to get back to the GP Hun and see if they look into this for you more?
  • Options
    Its not just that, I'm fine.
  • Options
    Sorry :(

What else do you feel is troubling you at the moment? I know you are not 100% sure but perhaps talking to us on here and sharing your thoughts and feelings with us will help make it clearer for you? You don't have to share anything you don't want to and nobody is going to force you to either but please remember we're all here for you x How are you feeling now?x
  • Options
    Thanks for all the kind replies.

:heart:
  • Options
    Pain is so bad tonight. And I know what you are all gonna say, go back to the doctors, I can't at the minute, due to work.
  • Options
    TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    When's the earliest you can go to the doctors? It's okay to put your health before work :yes:

-Jo7
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    I just feel bad taking up an appt when the pain isn't all the time. When it flares up its bad. Just feeling rubbish.
  • Options
    Perhaps you could go and ask for advice for how to manage the pain when it flares up and let them know how often that's happening? It's okay to take an appointment, that's what the doctors are there for :)

- Jo7

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 5pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • Options
    Yeah maybe. Really feeling low tonight. :'(
  • Options
    apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Sending *hug*s

How are you feeling now?
  • Options
    Thanks for the hug. Erm.. bit rubbish, and really regretting what I did last night.
  • Options
    What's happened?

You'll get there x
  • Options
    I have a burning sensation in my neck, just taken some painkillers, but I just feel so rubbish. Missing my Nanna loads, and just generally not wanting to be alive.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you're missing your Nan and struggling with the pain in your neck.Are you going to get back to the docs?

Are there any other reasons as to why you feel you generally don't want to live anymore?x
  • Options
    Want to not wake up tomorrow.
  • Options
    What is going on??
  • Options
    Nothing. I'm fine.
  • Options
    Hey *BananaMonkey* - I hope you're doing okay this morning?

Sounds like last night was a tough one for you - let us know if you'd like to talk *hug*

- Jo7

• Options
    I know....Any better today though?
  • Options
    TheSite wrote: »
    Hey *BananaMonkey* - I hope you're doing okay this morning?

Sounds like last night was a tough one for you - let us know if you'd like to talk *hug*

- Jo7

Thanks Jo.

It's really hard to explain when I dont even know whats going on in my own head. I just want to stop everything for a bit. Things to slow down. I feel like I am doing things just cos I need to. Like going to work, pretending I am fine etc. Like I am just going through the motions. I dont know how to really explain it.
    I am feeling a little better but then again I dont know if thats just me pretending I am okay.
    Being in pain with my neck pretty much every single day at some point is starting to really affect my mood.. I need to go and speak to my doctor again, but just need some time to go. I may try and go when I am next off work.
    I don't really know what to do anymore.
    Sorry if none of that makes any sense I kinda just said everything in my head.
  • Options
    That all makes perfect sense. It sounds like you're going through the motions but underneath it all you're really in need of some love and care because you're struggling. Here is a big hug *hug*

I would encourage you to get back to the GP as soon as you can *BananaMonkey* - having to endure physical pain as well as difficult moods and feelings is a lot for anyone to manage so you absolutely deserve some support. It actually shows professionalism to take time off when you need to, it shows that when you're at work you want to be there on your top form and your work will hopefully support you in that. Perhaps you could request a chat with your manager to negotiate things?

It sounds like you really need a break!

What do you do when you're not at work to relax and look after yourself?

-Jo7