Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Struggling with pain and lack of sleep

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey again...You don't know that it won't get better!x
  • Options
    When I thoughts things couldnt any worse. Been put on a personal improvement plan at work. Literally feel like walking away and leaving it all behind.

What does the plan involve BananaMonkey? Is there any way it could be a good thing? An opportunity to really shine and show them your strengths?

It can feel a knock back when things like this are put in place but the flip-side is they clearly want to support you in your job - do you think you might be able to take it one step at a time?

Big hug *hug* from what I have heard in the past you're great at your job and your passion for it really shows :)
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Jo7 wrote: »

What does the plan involve BananaMonkey? Is there any way it could be a good thing? An opportunity to really shine and show them your strengths?

It can feel a knock back when things like this are put in place but the flip-side is they clearly want to support you in your job - do you think you might be able to take it one step at a time?

Big hug *hug* from what I have heard in the past you're great at your job and your passion for it really shows :)

I don't know until they go through it with me, I just feel like they think I am crap at my job, I don't want to lose my job, it's the one thing I am actually good at.

I just don't know what to do. Like I have been asked to take some time off, 'to sort my head out' it's not that simple though, and people don't understand that I don't have a reason why I am this way, it's a chemical inbalance in my brain. I just feel like everything I have worked so hard for is being taking away from me. My ability to do my job. I don't know.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options

I don't know until they go through it with me, I just feel like they think I am crap at my job, I don't want to lose my job, it's the one thing I am actually good at.

I just don't know what to do. Like I have been asked to take some time off, 'to sort my head out' it's not that simple though, and people don't understand that I don't have a reason why I am this way, it's a chemical inbalance in my brain. I just feel like everything I have worked so hard for is being taking away from me. My ability to do my job. I don't know.

Perhaps this is a chance to focus on you? There doesn't always have to be a 'reason', and yes, that can be hard for people to understand sometimes, but it doesn't mean that the way you feel and the symptoms you experience are any less valid - they are worthy of support, you are worthy of support.

I'm sorry to hear it's led you to feel crap at your job though and I'm glad to hear you say you're good at it. Hold on to that self-belief, it's real! :D

It can be easy to let thoughts spiral and fear the worst, I'm sorry you're finding this hard *hug*
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »

Perhaps this is a chance to focus on you? There doesn't always have to be a 'reason', and yes, that can be hard for people to understand sometimes, but it doesn't mean that the way you feel and the symptoms you experience are any less valid - they are worthy of support, you are worthy of support.

I'm sorry to hear it's led you to feel crap at your job though and I'm glad to hear you say you're good at it. Hold on to that self-belief, it's real! :D

It can be easy to let thoughts spiral and fear the worst, I'm sorry you're finding this hard *hug*

Thanks Jo.

Part of me just wants to not go to work tomorrow but I know that wont help.

I just dont know what to do.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    I'm sorry you feel that you are crap at your job.That's not true and you are really good at your job, clearly.

I honestly do understand how that is making you feel although that has been in place to support you and not as a negative thing.We all need this support at times, even though we may not see or believe this ourself.Your workplace think you're great at your job and don't want your personal life to be affected,hence having this plan in place.Maybe ask them and see if they can explain about it some more to you?

I care about you Hun.X
  • Options
    You did mention before about taking the time off and I remember you saying they suggest a few months, which to me seemed a long time. (partly because it can be difficult to get back into the routine of going back into work) Has anyone ever suggested cuttting down your hours at work?
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    You did mention before about taking the time off and I remember you saying they suggest a few months, which to me seemed a long time. (partly because it can be difficult to get back into the routine of going back into work) Has anyone ever suggested cuttting down your hours at work?

That was for volunteering.

And nope cant have my hours changed cos we are so busy.
  • Options
    Everywhere is busy Hun.But workplaces have to do what's best for their staff.If/when you speak to them about the personal improvement plan perhaps you can bring up your hours with them?x
  • Options
    I dont need to reduce my hours.
  • Options
    Okay,

Have they spoken to you more about the plan yet?
  • Options
    Okay,

Have they spoken to you more about the plan yet?

No. Not sure when they are either.

I dont even need their stupid plan. And I am not gonna let them bother me either.
  • Options
    I am with a union so I am going to contact them to see what they think about the whole situation.
  • Options
    That sounds like a good thing to do :) x
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    What's up?
  • Options
    I don't really know.
  • Options
    Really just need somebody to chat too. :/
  • Options
    Really just need somebody to chat too. :/
    We're here for you*hug*
  • Options
    Thank you so much :heart:
  • Options
    We're all here for you. I hope you feel better again soon x
  • Options
    I'm just in pain again. With my shoulder. Cant really sit for long without my neck hurting, fed up.
  • Options
    Is the medication still not helping with it?Sorry to hear that..We're here x
  • Options
    Its helping a bit but not much.
  • Options
    It's good it's helping a bit.

I'm wondering if you've been offered physiotherapy before to help with this?x
  • Options
    My doctor did mention physio if I go back. But I don't think that will help, and after having years of it growing up for my joints, which it didn't help, I am kind of hesitant to start it.

Nice and dosed up all the time at the minute. :(

• Options
    Have you ever tried any kind of physio before though?If not, then how can we say whether something will help, or whether it won't?

I understand and can relate in a way.Remember we're all here for you just as you are for us x
  • Options
    I had physio for my legs and feet for years when I was growing up which didnt help my legs at all. So yeah I have had it. As I said in my previous post.

I dont think your understanding.

Yeah I havent had it for my neck yet. But past experiences of physio is putting me off a bit.
  • Options
    I think my situation is different to yours, but I didn't find physio that useful either. It wasn't unusual for me to be in more pain after a session.

Sleeping wise - I find that a memory foam mattress and a v pillow helps.
  • Options
    Sorry, I got myself confused when reading and replying to your message there. Sorry Hun.

if your experiences with physio were bad before, it's understandable that those are putting you off and making you feel hesitant. If you feel that way about physiotherapy at the moment, perhaps try exercises on your neck which you can do independently or find yourself?x