Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Struggling with pain and lack of sleep

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
I'm really not okay right now. I cant make sense of things in my head. It feels like things are wizzing round my head. Wish they would stop. I'm in so much pain physically. I want to cry.

I want things to just stop. I feel like I have lost sense of who I am. I'm not 'myself'

I thought I was doing okay, but I feel myself slipping back where things are bad. I can't do this. But I don't feel in control.

I don't know what to do.
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey again Hun,

It's hard when we can't make sense of what's going on in and around our heads and I completely understand and relate to that. Would writing things down on paper or even on here help you to try to clear your mind and/or make sense of things?

Has something in particular happened to cause this thought process for you?

I care about you, we all do.xx
  • Options
    Nothing has happened. It's like a switch in my head. I was okay.

I've been taking my medication. I don't even know what's wrong with me.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about that 😰 Sending you a warm hug ☺️

Could this be an effect of the medication?
  • Options
    Nope probs not cos I've been on it long enough now.

I've not had a full nights sleep in about 2 weeks due to having a injury on my shoulder, so it could be that I am just exhausted. It's horrible trying to explain what's wrong when I don't have a reason to be this way.

I just feel so alone and afraid of the person I am. The real person I am.
  • Options
    This is not the real you.Instead, this is the confused you who is unable to make sense of things at the moment; which is understandable.

Is there anything which helps you to sleep?2 weeks sounds hard and frustrating.I havent had a full nights sleep in over 9 years now?!Im used to it though...

You're not alone Hun,we're all here for you.Keep strong x
  • Options
    I've taken some tabs to hopefully help me sleep. I would be able to cope more with the lack of sleep if I wasnt in so much pain.
  • Options
    I feel very alone. And people keep saying they are here for me but when it comes down to it, this is my own mess I should get out of it. I don't deserve or expect others to be there.
  • Options
    Have you been back to the GP/medical professional about the pain?Maybe they can prescribe some more effective medication for you?

So your moods are due to your current sleeping patterns/lack of?x
  • Options
    I went to the doctor the other day, on Thursday. Been perscribed some strong painkillers but can only take two a day.

I don't know - maybe they are.
  • Options
    Definitely true-Maybe they are yeah!

Are they helping at all?
  • Options
    They are helping a little.
  • Options
    Okay, well that's good then....Have you been taking calming and relaxing baths to help with your shoulder then thus your sleeping?
  • Options
    Yeah but they arent really helping.
  • Options
    I'm really not coping very well with this pain right now.

• Options
    I feel very alone. And people keep saying they are here for me but when it comes down to it, this is my own mess I should get out of it. I don't deserve or expect others to be there.

Hey
    I completely get why you think this - it's one of those things I always think when I'm in a bad way. Sometimes you can feel really alone even though you know people are there.
    You are 100% worthy of support. You do deserve it - you help so so many people on here, I've seen it, and you've also helped me.
    Sometimes we just need a little help off others to sort things out, and even if you don't believe it, we are 100% here for you whenever you need and for whatever you need.
    Hope you feel better soon my love :heart: xx
  • Options
    Enchanted wrote: »

Hey
    I completely get why you think this - it's one of those things I always think when I'm in a bad way. Sometimes you can feel really alone even though you know people are there.
    You are 100% worthy of support. You do deserve it - you help so so many people on here, I've seen it, and you've also helped me.
    Sometimes we just need a little help off others to sort things out, and even if you don't believe it, we are 100% here for you whenever you need and for whatever you need.
    Hope you feel better soon my love :heart: xx

Thank you so much for your kindness it means a lot, I enjoy helping and I feel like peer to peer support is so helpful. I guess I just don't feel like I deserve support myself, like I should just be able to cope with things better than I do.
  • Options
    Hey how are you feeling today?I really hope you're feeling at least a little better this morning.x
  • Options
    Hey how are you feeling today?I really hope you're feeling at least a little better this morning.x

Thanks a little bit better, just feeling a bit like 'I wanna hibernate' for a while.
  • Options
    Yeah I know that feeling well 😰 I'm glad to hear you're feeling a little better today though.Make sure you have some rest x
  • Options
    I am currently in bed, not moving anytime soon. Though I need to tidy my room so may have to move at some point.

• Options
    Give yourself a few hours to rest and then perhaps tidy your room after! I also have to tidy my room and have SO many things to do for work and college etc but have NO motivation or energy whatsoever really argh

Do you live on your own Hun?
    xx
  • Options
    No, I live at home with my mum and younger sister.
  • Options
    Ah okay, is it nice with three of you? Do they know how you've been feeling?

x
  • Options
    It's okay yeah, no they don't. But it's fine. I don't want my family to find out either. My mum knows about my shoulder pain, that's all she needs to know.
  • Options
    That's nice that you find that okay. Ah okay, I see...I understand you don't want them to find out but will they not help you with it?
  • Options
    It's complicated, things have happened in the past which is why they are best not knowing. Somethings are best left unsaid.
  • Options
    You don't have to share anything you do not want to.I am not going to force you.X
  • Options
    You don't have to share anything you do not want to.I am not going to force you.X

hmm okay.
  • Options
    What do you mean hmmm okay?xx
  • Options
    It doesn't matter.