Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Managing your time effectively

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone here do a lot of sports or other clubs, on top of volunteering and a full time job? If so, do you manage it well? How do you manage it? What's your limit on the number of things you can do?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Old thread but just in case anyone else has the same issue, I find that planning out your schedule in a spreadsheet can help or at least making a rough time sheet.

For example, lay out what times you have certain activities and estimate the transition times to see if something is feasible. When I was playing sports I'd take into account that I probably would need some time to relax and eat afterward before engaging in another activity so would determine if I had enough time to do something exhaustive afterward and so on. Same with volunteering although the advantage of volunteering is that often the schedule can be flexible as since you're not paid, usually they are pretty flexible unless it's for an important event or if you have a specific role where you need to be there at a certain time.