Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anxiety & Depression Support Chat in a small group : Sign up here!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have you experienced symptoms of anxiety or depression? Are you looking for advice from others on how to cope? Or keen to share your experiences to help others?

If the answer is yes then this chat is for you :thumb:

Symptoms might include:
  • Losing interest in things
  • Eating too much or not enough
  • Isolating yourself
  • Feeling nervous or panicky
  • Mood swings and persistent low mood
  • Feeling that everything is pointless

Support Circle is a live chat for a small group of no more than 12 young people. This means it's a lot easier to follow than a normal support chat. Everyone will get a chance to talk.

We're inviting anyone that would like to try this smaller group session to talk about what they're struggling with.

We're also looking for people with experience of coping with anxiety and depression to sign up as listeners and help to encourage and support others.

The chat is taking place on Tuesday 10th March from 8-9.30pm and will be moderated by Helenmelon.

Any questions about the chat feel free to ask and I'll get back to you :yes:

Comments

• Options
    Jo has it gone threw had problems with it
  • Options
    angel wrote: »
    Jo has it gone threw had problems with it

It has, thanks angel :)
  • Options
    It won't let me sign up with the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    It wondnt let me do it the first time
  • Options
    BlondieLiz wrote: »
    It won't let me sign up with the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll PM you and we can sort it out :)
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Oh, I would have totes have loved to be involved in this!
  • Options
    Oh, I would have totes have loved to be involved in this!

You can be! Can you not make it?
  • Options
    Jo7 wrote: »
    You can be! Can you not make it?

Naw, running club goes on from 7 till 8:30 and even then I don't get home before 9! Also going on a 'New House' dinner, with my new house mates, and then Society and Salvation :heart: #HavingALife xD
  • Options
    Busy bee! Aww well, there will be other chats like this in the future. Enjoy your evening :)
  • Options
    Hey everyone - we have a few places left for this chat tomorrow night (Tues 10th) please do sign up if you're interested in being a listener or getting support in a smaller group :)

Everyone who has signed up so far has a place - I'll be PMing people with the details later today.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Hey everyone - we have a few places left for this chat tomorrow night (Tues 10th) please do sign up if you're interested in being a listener or getting support in a smaller group :)

Everyone who has signed up so far has a place - I'll be PMing people with the details later today.

Our meals been cancelled, can I still make this if I'm going to be a tad late? :heart:
  • Options
    Our meals been cancelled, can I still make this if I'm going to be a tad late? :heart:

Yes - what time can you be there for? Go ahead and sign up :)
  • Options
    Yes - what time can you be there for? Go ahead and sign up :)

8:45? Or is that a tad to late? xD Obviously, that doesn't include, changing time, etc.
  • Options
    8:45? Or is that a tad to late? xD Obviously, that doesn't include, changing time, etc.

:chin: The chat starts at 8pm so will be half way through at that point. Were you looking to come along to listen and help others or to get support yourself?

We have spaces at the moment mainly for people wanting to get support so if that's what you're looking for I'm happy for you to arrive a bit late :yes: It'll just be a case of easing yourself into the group, catching up on where the conversation is at and then the mod will encourage you to join in when you feel ready.

Let me know what you think - if you're keen to come and help others then I can let you know on the day if we have space :thumb:
  • Options
    :chin: The chat starts at 8pm so will be half way through at that point. Were you looking to come along to listen and help others or to get support yourself?

We have spaces at the moment mainly for people wanting to get support so if that's what you're looking for I'm happy for you to arrive a bit late :yes: It'll just be a case of easing yourself into the group, catching up on where the conversation is at and then the mod will encourage you to join in when you feel ready.

Let me know what you think - if you're keen to come and help others then I can let you know on the day if we have space :thumb:

Listen and help others, I would hate to have the focus on me when talking about myself, talk about pressure! However, I might just sign up last minute to see if anyone else wants spaces before I go stealing them :heart:
  • Options
    Listen and help others, I would hate to have the focus on me when talking about myself, talk about pressure! However, I might just sign up last minute to see if anyone else wants spaces before I go stealing them :heart:

You're welcome to come for either, you are just as entitled as everyone else who has signed up so please do :)
  • Options
    Hi Joe, Ive not been to a support group like this before and because I suffer with depression and anxiety but then I am able to cope better then I once did before. Would I be better off signing up to the support group as a member or sign to be a team leader and help others and share my experience?

I dont want to take someone elses spot when they might be in a worser place then I am but I would like to help others but then there might be other members on The Site who would like to aswell. I dont wanna be mean.

What do u think is best Joe?

Sorry to damper things on this Forum.
  • Options
    Catwoman wrote: »
    Hi Joe, Ive not been to a support group like this before and because I suffer with depression and anxiety but then I am able to cope better then I once did before. Would I be better off signing up to the support group as a member or sign to be a team leader and help others and share my experience?

I dont want to take someone elses spot when they might be in a worser place then I am but I would like to help others but then there might be other members on The Site who would like to aswell. I dont wanna be mean.

What do u think is best Joe?

Sorry to damper things on this Forum.

Hi Catwoman :wave:

Lots of people worry about taking someone else's spot but this chat is there primarily for people to get advice and support so please do sign up if you'd like to get some help with your own symptoms of depression and anxiety. We have places left that we need to fill!

Your input will also be very welcome in helping others, it sounds like you may well have some good insights to share and there will still be a chance to do that whilst still just signing up to get support yourself.

Any questions you can PM me - I'll be in touch to confirm your place.

• Options
    Just to add - this chat is tonight everyone :)

If you're looking to get support please sign up - we have lots of eager listeners and supporters ready to help you!
  • Options
    Just to add - this chat is tonight everyone :)

If you're looking to get support please sign up - we have lots of eager listeners and supporters ready to help you!

Tut tut tut u not pmed me back :O
  • Options
    Hi there,

I will try and come to it. I still would like to come along and support people if thats possible. I dont know wether I should sign up for it or not when I may not be able to make it or sign up and if I dont make it someone else can take the spot.

Im not sure what to do?

Catwoman
  • Options
    Catwoman wrote: »
    Hi there,

I will try and come to it. I still would like to come along and support people if thats possible. I dont know wether I should sign up for it or not when I may not be able to make it or sign up and if I dont make it someone else can take the spot.

Im not sure what to do?

Catwoman

I've just PM'd you all the details so you can come along if you can make it and go from there - you're really welcome and we'd love to have your input!

:d
  • Options
    We're open!

:wave:

For those who have signed up, join us in the Workshop chat room using the password given when you registered with Jo.
  • Options
    Sorry Helen nd everyone else.
  • Options
    Hey Rosebud,

There's no need to apologise - thanks for coming along tonight.

Take care *hug*

Melon
  • Options
    Hey Rosebud,

There's no need to apologise - thanks for coming along tonight.

Take care *hug*

Melon
    *hugs* and is need to apologise but thanks.
  • Options
    Sorry I didn't turn up!:( I set a reminder on my phone and it didn't work at all.. I always forget:/ Shit. So Sorry guys...
  • Options
    Ah, I missed it. I haven't been online very much lately. But I hope to catch the next one. :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Charlee wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't turn up!:( I set a reminder on my phone and it didn't work at all.. I always forget:/ Shit. So Sorry guys...
    Ah, I missed it. I haven't been online very much lately. But I hope to catch the next one. :)

Was a great session, so do try and make it to the next one - is massively worth it :)