Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Take That Tickets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My lovely boyf' bought me tickets to see TT in December as a cheery up present when I was a little down. He was very impressed with himself at the time as he knew how much I wanted to go and that I was unable to ring up due to being at work. What he failed to remember was that in December we will be living and working in Madrid and therefore will be unable to make a mid-week concert!!

Does anybody know of any swapsie type websites out there? I don't want to sell my tickets on. I don't care how much money I could make. I want to go to see them.

Alternatively, how can I put it to my new boss that I may want a couple of days of work.

I just don't know what to do. I can't bring myself to email the school to ask because if they say no, then I've lost all hope.

Comments

• Options
    Surely *everybody* is entitled to holidays, no?
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    Surely *everybody* is entitled to holidays, no?

Did I forget to mention that I'm a teacher? And the concert is during term time?
  • Options
    Say you've got an operation booked back in England and you need a few days off.
  • Options
    Loopi wrote: »
    Did I forget to mention that I'm a teacher? And the concert is during term time?

No. But surely you're still entitled to random holidays, or is that not the case?
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    No. But surely you're still entitled to random holidays, or is that not the case?

Nope. We get about twice as many holidays as other people as it is.

I'm liking the operation thing but then I reckon they'd ask to see proof. It's a posh private school and I reckon they're gonna check up on everything.
  • Options
    I'm liking the operation thing but then I reckon they'd ask to see proof. It's a posh private school and I reckon they're gonna check up on everything.
    Well you've got from now until December to work on making up a letter ;)
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    Well you've got from now until December to work on making up a letter ;)

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm liking the operation thing but then I reckon they'd ask to see proof.
    Slice your side open with a knife, and say it's from surgery. :p
  • Options
    I kept an eye on this site when looking for some tickets a while back, all different deals come up including swaps so I should think you would be able to advertise a straight swap!

http://www.gumtree.com/
  • Options
    :lol::lol:

I could actually write you up a "Fake NHS" letter with stamps and on headed paper if you would like? would be nice n easy,

then say it's a non intrusive operation through a fiber optic tube down my throat into my stomach, there for no scar needed

and means you can be back at work without needed TONS of time off.
  • Options
    Don't say anything and say you have to fly home last minute because of a funeral. Nobody will ask for proof of that.