Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

God

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    "believers" are not looking to prove anything to anyone, they have belief.........if it helps people get through their lives and feel better as in my case, then wheres the harm? im not trying to convince anyone else but it is interesting to point out that the theory of evolution is just that, a theory.............yet we put our undying faith in that in order to rationalise everything through science, it's taught in school ffs when in fact there is no more actual proof than there is for creationism! (i am not denying that evolution does occur e.g. natural selection, however the idea we came from monkeys is bollocks)........every mate i have put this to just looks at me baffled.......wheres the proof?
  • Options
    Originally posted by apollo_69
    "believers" are not looking to prove anything to anyone, they have belief

Will you tell that to the preachy twat outside Brixton tube then?
  • Options
    Originally posted by apollo_69
    but it is interesting to point out that the theory of evolution is just that, a theory.............yet we put our undying faith in that in order to rationalise everything through science, it's taught in school ffs when in fact there is no more actual proof than there is for creationism! (i am not denying that evolution does occur e.g. natural selection, however the idea we came from monkeys is bollocks)........every mate i have put this to just looks at me baffled.......wheres the proof?

Total bollocks. Betraying a total misunderstanding of what theory means, what evidence is and how science works.
  • Options
    Nothing can be totally proven to be true, only proven to be untrue, I have faith, but I don't have proof, and I never wanted proof, that's what faith is all about. But the same applies to science.
  • Options
    Can you speak in tongues and with a different voice as well? That's a neat trick to impress the ladies at parties... ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Can you speak in tongues and with a different voice as well? That's a neat trick to impress the ladies at parties... ;)

You'd probably crap your pants if someone actually prophised over your life in tongues though mate.
  • Options
    Probably would...

Not to mention this...

reganhead2354em.gif
  • Options
    Dude, I hate that film, properly nasty.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Will you tell that to the preachy twat outside Brixton tube then?

not the "be a winner not a sinner guy"

theres an actual interview and why he does it at http://www.b3ta.com/interview/winnerorsinner/
  • Options
    he a bit annoying but this says how he does a good thing still

A Wrexham gypsy camp. They kept beating people up in the town centre. The kids were running amok in the town hospital. Pulling plugs out of dialysis machines, you know: bad things, naughty things. Patients got ill because of this behaviour!

I went to preach on the site. They rammed my car at first, so I went back there alone, without the car, and ended up living there for 6 weeks.

One of them hated me though, he beat me up six times. The seventh time I spoke to him he threw a cup of tea in my face, smashed the cup, and used it to cut me. My clothes were covered in blood. Some of the gypsies came out and gave me some clothes. His Mum and Dad banned him to his caravan.

I spoke to him the next day, he said "alright I'll talk to you, but not about God." I saw him change then, from someone that saw me as a real hated enemy and wanted to kill me. A bit of communication turned things around, he became a better role model for the kids, and things improved all round.
  • Options
    Amazing really.
  • Options
    Amazing yeah. But no need for God in any of that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Total bollocks. Betraying a total misunderstanding of what theory means, what evidence is and how science works.

I would most deffinately agree with this, in reference to lack of proof of evolution, but then, like many others I am also agnostic...

no proof for, but at the same time, no proof against.

my gf has complete faith in creationism, and thinks that evolution is crazy, but that's how it's taught in south africa. similar to the way it's going in america (not sure if that's all america though).

personally, I think it's crazy talk to think evolution is ficticious
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    he a bit annoying but this says how he does a good thing still

A Wrexham gypsy camp. They kept beating people up in the town centre. The kids were running amok in the town hospital. Pulling plugs out of dialysis machines, you know: bad things, naughty things. Patients got ill because of this behaviour!

I went to preach on the site. They rammed my car at first, so I went back there alone, without the car, and ended up living there for 6 weeks.

One of them hated me though, he beat me up six times. The seventh time I spoke to him he threw a cup of tea in my face, smashed the cup, and used it to cut me. My clothes were covered in blood. Some of the gypsies came out and gave me some clothes. His Mum and Dad banned him to his caravan.

I spoke to him the next day, he said "alright I'll talk to you, but not about God." I saw him change then, from someone that saw me as a real hated enemy and wanted to kill me. A bit of communication turned things around, he became a better role model for the kids, and things improved all round.

Where's this taken from? Doesn't sound like any camp I know.
  • Options
    jojo2012 wrote: »
    I'm a Christian (although sometimes I wish I was a better one!) Since a very young age I have believed in God, I was brought up as a Christian and went to a church school. God gives me strength, hope, courage...he blesses me and my family. God is very important to me :)

I just thought I would point out that this thread was last posted in about 8 years ago. It is worth checking dates before posting just in case :)
This discussion has been closed.