Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Chlamydia

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have done one of those tests before. Actually rather easy.

I left a wee sample in the container, screwed the lid on, filled the details in and sent it off. If I remember correctly I only put my first name and my mobile number on it (though might be different elsewhere) as the main point is being anonymous.

A week later I received my results by text message and that was it. Though if for some reason you wanted the results in another way, there was the option for it.

I totally understand how something like this can be a bit scary and intimidating, but it shouldn't be anything to worry about :)
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    filled the details in and sent it off. If I remember correctly I only put my first name and my mobile number on it

So you do that in the doctors when you take in the sample?
  • Options
    So you do that in the doctors when you take in the sample?

You can send the sample by post.
  • Options
    It might be different in different areas, however I picked up a pack with the envelope and sample pot in from my doctors. I went back to my room, did sample (in the toilet of course) and then dropped everything off at the doctors later that afternoon in a box. So in my case I didn't have to even speak to anyone when I went back in.

Like I said it could be different elsewhere, but the main point that I'm trying to get across is that you need not worry about these kinds of things. There are loads of people who have these tests done and doctors/medical professionals are generally quite good around these things.
  • Options
    I don't have an envelope or anything else, just a pot.
  • Options
    Is this a sample pot you got from a doctors?
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Is this a sample pot you got from a doctors?

Yeah, it is.
  • Options
    try http://freetest.me.uk/ again. Yesterday they added more areas that they cover. Just thought i'd let you know :)

x
  • Options
    Our local NHS gave out postal tests when I was a sabb, I did it and got a text a few days later. Easy peasy. Can't find out if that service exists in your area.

If it doesn't, go ahead the way your GP told you to and it will be just as confidential but you might get a letter instead of a text.

The GP you spoke to sounds nice, that's positive.
  • Options
    Thanks guys
  • Options
    Yesterday they added more areas that they cover.

Still not in my area, but thanks.