Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dear, fatty

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    NavyBlue wrote: »
    These blogs are there so people can give an opinion, that opinion may of may not be liked- I've been posting on another thread about being against fox-hunting & i've been attacked for being against fox hunting, but I've gotten over it.

No, the Politics and Debate forum is for opinions. The health forum is for advice.

NUAN came here because she wanted help with her problem, not because she wanted to hear people's opinions on whether she had a problem or not.

People are not kicking up a fuss because they personally dislike you, they are doing it because some of your comments are dangerous, and they could potentially affect not just the original poster of this thread, but also who knows how many lurkers who are thinking maybe they have a problem, but are now thinking that maybe they aren't thin enough or ill enough or scared enough to need help.

It's not about age, or whether you've been there and been worse. It's about understanding. And if you have been there before, you should understand.
  • Options
    Hey guys, thank you so much for the advice!

But this thread is getting too much, i really didn't want to cause an arguement over this or me. It's not worth it, i don't want to get anymore upset then i am over this thread and i don't really understand whats going on anymore.

:no:
  • Options
    Hey guys, thank you so much for the advice!

But this thread is getting too much, i really didn't want to cause an arguement over this or me. It's not worth it, i don't want to get anymore upset then i am over this thread and i don't really understand whats going on anymore.

:no:

I think this says everything really, we've spent the last 2/3 pages getting into a giant arguement, when the point of this thread is to help and support NAUN. Admittedly we are all just as responsible as NavyBlue for derailing it, but i think maybe we should draw a line under it and get this thread back to its original purpose, providing support.
  • Options
    I think this says everything really, we've spent the last 2/3 pages getting into a giant arguement, when the point of this thread is to help and support NAUN. Admittedly we are all just as responsible as NavyBlue for derailing it, but i think maybe we should draw a line under it and get this thread back to its original purpose, providing support.

Hmmm good plan... although what was said needed to be said :p

So NAUN, please keep posting :) Although you may prefer to start a new thread and let this drop down the list, I'm not sure...
  • Options
    TBH i don't think there is much more to be said, i have been given great advice but despite that i've probably slightly further back than when i first posted this. At the moment i'm more pissed off and i don't think there is anything to do about it. I did have a bacon roll today, even if it took me longer to pick the fat off than eat it. Oh well i'm fucked and i'm past caring right now.
  • Options
    TBH i don't think there is much more to be said, i have been given great advice but despite that i've probably slightly further back than when i first posted this. At the moment i'm more pissed off and i don't think there is anything to do about it. I did have a bacon roll today, even if it took me longer to pick the fat off than eat it. Oh well i'm fuckeand i'm past caring right now.
    That's fine. I hate the fat too :D.

I'm sure there are lots of tips about on how to get gradually back into a normal eating pattern. I'll have a look when I get a spare minute :).
  • Options
    TBH i don't think there is much more to be said, i have been given great advice but despite that i've probably slightly further back than when i first posted this. At the moment i'm more pissed off and i don't think there is anything to do about it. I did have a bacon roll today, even if it took me longer to pick the fat off than eat it. Oh well i'm fucked and i'm past caring right now.

hi my love,

firstly you WILL care again soon, when you've been upset you think 'i don't fucking care i'm not going to even try', and that's totally normal and understandable. when you are going through something horrid and you are brave enough to ask for help, the last thing you need is to be told you are actually ok by someone else (trust me i know very much how that feels) and it makes you not care what happens to you. but truly, when you have calmed down and let the comments that have been made here slip into the past you will want to take care of yourself again. what you have to be careful of is that in between these two things happening you don't lose the ability to care for yourself. problems with food are a bitch because by the time you realise you are slipping into something it's often too late to actually do anything and i would recommend that you do everything you possibly can to try and reintroduce a more stable eating pattern. i don't know if you would be the same but i always try and make a good go of starting the week properly, having a fresh start on monday and even if it only lasts one day, you can build it up and try two days the next week, if that makes sense.

i would suggest that you go shopping with whoever does the food shopping in your house and buy yourself lots of things that you like to eat, things that will encourage you. i like the little fruit bags and i like kids fromage frais too so when i don't want to face eating i get things like that, because they are in kiddy portions and you can have a little bit at a time. try to eat your breakfast, because breakfast food is pretty much the lowest fat food of all your meals so it's almost easier to face. i don't know what your school food is like but if it's anything like what i remember of school food then it's a big scary load of food that you don't want to contend with, so try to take something with you, because it's a long time to go without eating otherwise and it does make you want to overeat when you get home. i know you know all this anyway but sometimes (at least i find) if someone else tells you it makes you actually think about it and apply it to yourself.

when it comes to eating in the evening, this is what i find hardest, actually putting hot food in my mouth. try to help with preparing your evening food, like if your parents or whoever normally do it, try making dinner one night or helping because it makes you more inclined to actually eat it. if you can't face eating what everyone else is having, make something separate for you.

the most important advice i can give you is don't lie. if your mum asks you if you've eaten, and you haven't, tell her you haven't. because once you start lying you never stop because if you lie enough you actually start to believe your own lies and you think 'it's ok not to eat today because i ate yesterday', and then you realise that actually you didn't eat yesteday, you thought you had but actually you just lied. if someone cares about you and wants to know what's happening, try to tell them. let them care for you.

sorry this is long and crappy but you need to know that there are people that know how it feels to think you are in control of it all, then suddenly it all slips away and you're in this awful mess and you can't pull yourself out. please don't let some idiotic comments get to you, people on this website or any other don't know you, they don't know your life. try to gradually reintroduce more food, small amounts at a time. everyone says it but really, little and often is the way to go. it can be done, it's frustrating, especially when small amounts make you full, and you're constantly in battle with your head, but you have to stick at it. when you are healthy the world is a much nicer place, you feel happier and have the energy to do things and you can concentrate and do well. so just do your best honey, you don't have to answer to anyone.

:heart:
  • Options
    Thank you omg hi! :)

I was not happy today a friend turned round and said you don't have a problem, you dont exercise.
    I was like great! thats two people that think i'm attention seeking. :no:
    feel like shit now!
  • Options
    *hugs* Eating disorders are extremely misunderstood, so your bound to come up against a lot of ignorance unfortunately. No one can tell you that you do or dont have a problem, only you know that for sure, and by admitting you have a problem you were extremely brave. Dont let anyone start making you think that you dont "really" have a problem or your problem isnt severe enough. Its really brave to admit you have the problem before you are absolutely forced to. Chin up love <3 xx
  • Options
    I was not happy today a friend turned round and said you don't have a problem, you dont exercise.
    I was like great! thats two people that think i'm attention seeking. :no:
    feel like shit now!

:rolleyes: (at them not you) ignore them honey. people are ignorant, unless they are directly affected by eating disorders they have a very media-orientated view of what they are and what they involve. people don't tend to understand things they don't need to understand. like i said before, you don't have to answer to anyone.

have you been getting on any better with eating? have you managed to talk to anyone at home or school at all (apart from the loser today obviously)?

don't let anyone make things any worse for you. just focus on getting yourself sorted out, and the people who matter will stand by you. x
  • Options
    Yeah, I am really trying to not let it get to me and I'm getting frustrated because I can't stop thinking about it.

Today hasn't been good, so far I haven't eaten or drank at all. Mainly as I'm sure I ate a lot yesterday but I think I had a bacon roll in the morning, and then rice and chicken at tea time and a drop scone thingy. Which is quite a bit considering I usually only eat a small amount at tea time.

:/
  • Options
    you definitely have a problem because you even get pissed off if people suggest you dont, so you certainly do and you know it.

Now I wish I knew how to help, but if i did, id help myself!!

((hugs))