Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dear, fatty

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You know what fine! I'll fecking Get a hell of a lot worse just so I meet your standards navyblue, will that make it better for you?

I'm mean if I don't even have a problem and I'm being attention seeking then why the hell not!

Oh and your 20 years more of experiance obviously sucks! On this topic!
  • Options
    NavyBlue wrote: »
    well we're all entitled to our opinions & I feel that a serious issue like having a major problem with food, usually isn't dotted with light-hearted comments. I was 17 once too & sometimes alot of this is attention-seeking, plain & simple. We actually have no idea what weight she is, so we don't know if she is underweight or not. A major problem IS nothing to joke about. I've had a thread on here about my 2 miscarriages & never once have I made light of it, but that's just me! :chin:

She never said she had a major problem with food, but saying she doesn't have ANY problem with food when she CLEARLY DOES is going to make her develop one.

It doesn't matter what weight she is and that attitude is so dangerous it's unreal. You say you've had howevermany years more experience but how much of it has been with eating disorders? Because I can tell you right now that saying "you're not thin enough to have an eating disorder" is the. single. most. dangerous thing you can say to someone who has a problem with food. I have seen it make the issue a whole huge amount worse because what it makes people do is eat even less and try even harder to lose weight to dangerous levels because they want to be taken seriously.

So you didn't make light of your miscarriages? That's good for you. I doubt many people would. Miscarriages and eating disorders are in no way the same thing and treating them as such is stupid. As I already said, naun has made ONE flippant comment in this thread to try and make herself feel a bit better. From the rest of the posts she's made here and in other threads about her weight/food issues I would say she's absolutely serious and HARDLY attention seeking. Know how I know that? Because she's not plastering the boards with photos of herself going OMGLOOKATMEI'MSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFAT.

EUGH at you. I had respect for you before this thread and I have instantly lost all of it.
  • Options
    You know what fine! I'll fecking Get a hell of a lot worse just so I meet your standards navyblue, will that make it better for you?

I'm mean if I don't even have a problem and I'm being attention seeking then why the hell not!

Naun, please ignore NavyBlue. If you want to chat in a place where you're not going to be judged like this please PM me :heart:.
  • Options
    NavyBlue, I often made light of my SH-ing, does that mean i wasn't serious enough to warrant the excellent treatment i was given, does that mean that i was just attention seeking? Basically you clearly know FUCK ALL about eating disorders if you think suggesting someone making a jokey comment suddenly means they dont have a problem.

Shove your "20 years more experience." And i like Franki have lost any respect i once had for you

If you see a thread about a sensitive issue along these lines where one wrong comment can properly fuck with someones mental state, and dont have anything helpful to say, dont say anything
  • Options
    And on another note *Hugs* im here if you want to talk as well NAUN
  • Options
    We actually have no idea what weight she is, so we don't know if she is underweight or not.

Like has been mentioned, this is a really dangerous attitude for people to have. Size is not an adequate measure of how ill someone with an ED is. Classic bulimics, for example, are almost always either of a normal weight or overweight. You don't need to be a walking skeleton to need help, and, more importantly you don't need to be a walking skeleton to DESERVE help.

Just like a doctor would rather come in when you first find the lump, rather than waiting til you're riddled with cancer, it's important that NUAN should get help now rather than let what is a problem develop into something that could destroy her life, and ultimately kill her.
  • Options
    With all due respect, I've had 20 more years experience on this earth that you have & I know what I'm talking about;)

I've got 5 more than you, and no you don't.
  • Options
    With all due respect, I've had 20 more years experience on this earth that you have & I know what I'm talking about;)

So act like it then
  • Options

If you feel that you have a problem (and what you've said so far suggests you do) then that's enough for you to admit and do try to help yourself, whatever anyone else thinks. There are always people who say that people are exagerating the problems they have, in my experience it's usually because they're hurt by the lack of support they recieved when they were going through it. It takes a strong person to admit they have a problem before they absolutely have to and you should feel proud of yourself for that.
    I agree that you should find talk to someone about how you're feeling and try to eat small meals. Maybe you could write down how you feel if you can't find anyone to talk to?
    You're doing the best thing by not letting the problem get worse before you admit it and deal with it, for others as well as yourself.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Naun, please ignore NavyBlue. If you want to chat in a place where you're not going to be judged like this please PM me :heart:.
    And on another note *Hugs* im here if you want to talk as well NAUN

Thank you guys :heart:
    My stomach actually churned and i felt physically sick while reading all of this.
    I've not mentioned any of this stuff to you at lunch times about you not eating because really i'm kinda scared to. I don't talk to anybody about my S-H and i don't want to and i guess i figured you'd be the same about this. But please, please, PLEASE talk to me if you want to. I'm not going to force feed you or anything but i will advise you go get something. Even if it is just for nibbleing.
    You know you can trust me not to say anything to anybody and i will give you my honest opinion whenever you seek it.
    But overall, action needs to be taken. You have to understand this isn't good for you and you're going to be doing some serious damage to yourself. You also have to realise that there are so many people who care about you, myself included, who would be devastated if something were to happen to you. You're a great person NAUN. Very smart, witty, have a fantastic sense of humour and you're such a beautiful person, inside and out (Man that was cheesy ) You don't need to do this. Honestly.

I wouldn't really mind if you said something, i've been asked straight out why i was not eating in front of allll our group, to which i nearly died!

nothing will happen to me, i'll be fine, you dont need to worry :)

I seriously don't know what to think guys and i feel bad because your all giving me really good advice but i've just been thrown off a bit as i didn't expect to be called a attention seeker! And i can tell you now navyblue i am not an attention seeker, i have NEVER told anyone about this apart from on here, i DON'T make a massive deal when i don't eat by saying loook im not eating agggainnn! so stuff you.

:no:
  • Options
    Hi Everybody, looks like I'm the hated one in all this! These blogs are there so people can give an opinion, that opinion may of may not be liked- I've been posting on another thread about being against fox-hunting & i've been attacked for being against fox hunting, but I've gotten over it. So now i'm being told my experience in life means nothing? I don't know what I'm talking about!? I weighed 6 stone at 15 years of age , so I know what I'm talking about. I hope NUAN will be ok & if I'm going to be attacked on this thread for giving an opinion, then I'm not going to bother!
  • Options
    so...so i dont fit in with your standards of having a 'problem' with food then i don't and i'm just being attention seeking? do you know what weight i am?
  • Options
    NavyBlue, I often made light of my SH-ing, does that mean i wasn't serious enough to warrant the excellent treatment i was given, does that mean that i was just attention seeking? Basically you clearly know FUCK ALL about eating disorders if you think suggesting someone making a jokey comment suddenly means they dont have a problem.

Shove your "20 years more experience." And i like Franki have lost any respect i once had for you

If you see a thread about a sensitive issue along these lines where one wrong comment can properly fuck with someones mental state, and dont have anything helpful to say, dont say anything

So, does everyone that has an opinion, have to suffer this backlash? :confused: If I know "fuck-all" about eating disorders, why did I weigh 6 stone at 15 years of age? All of you are under-estimating me. Plus you've lost respect for me? well that's your opinion & I'm not going to berate you for that. But I can't give my opinion & i'm attacked!
  • Options
    Ok then guys i'm seeing it as i have no problem at all, if someone that has been through it is telling me i dont.
  • Options
    so...so i dont fit in with your standards of having a 'problem' with food then i don't and i'm just being attention seeking? do you know what weight i am?

Of course I don't know what weight you are? If you tell me, then I'll know! Look at the end of the day, you don't even know me & you shouldn't be worried about my opinion, it's hard for me to see the proper picture when I don't know you & it all depends if you are underweight, in your weight range or overweight. If I knew I could say what I think is causing you to feel like this. I'm not trying to patronise you at all, ok.:)
  • Options
    It doesn't matter what weight she is. That's the point.
    Someone starts out at say, 25 stone, doesn't eat, DEVELOPS AN EATING DISORDER and doesn't seek help, then gets down to say 15st, through an unhealthy diet, then that don't matter, because they're still overweight..? Because they've got a bit of leeway, just to get a bit worse..?
    And I don't mean to be rude, but if you yourself had an eating problem as a teenager, then you should realise how NAUN is feeling, and be a bit more understanding, and realise that perhaps you are not the person to judge her attention seeking, or lack of it.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »

EUGH at you. I had respect for you before this thread and I have instantly lost all of it.

That's your opinion & you're entitled to it. I can appreciate that & be adult about it & not say EUGH or whatever you are saying? By the way, respect has to be earned & I wasn't expecting anyone on here to respect me so thanks for appreciating my previous comments.
  • Options
    :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I hate this thread now!i'm just going to shut up about it and get on with what i'm doing and no one has to care of fight over it.
  • Options
    :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I hate this thread now!i'm just going to shut up about it and get on with what i'm doing and no one has to care of fight over it.

Don't be like that. I think if you really feel you have issues, you can email jo@samaritans.org ( god knows, I've emailed them after my miscarriages when I thought I was going to do something stupid!) They are an impartial voice & not like me judging someone I don't know! Best of luck to you ok..:)
  • Options
    That's your opinion & you're entitled to it. I can appreciate that & be adult about it & not say EUGH or whatever you are saying? By the way, respect has to be earned & I wasn't expecting anyone on here to respect me so thanks for appreciating my previous comments.
    I am saying eugh at you because you are posting very dangerous comments in a thread about something which affects someone I care about very much. Comments which have been said to this person and have made her even more unwell and I do not want to see that happen to somebody else.

NOTHING depends on her weight. Nothing *at all* depends on it. Saying she has to be underweight to have a problem is ridiculous and dangerous and is making me angry.
  • Options
    Just a quick note....

I really don't think adding things such as weights really adds any value to this topic. Sorry but this is something that really gets on my nerves.... The severity of any type of self-harm... eg self-injury or eating disorders... DOES NOT reflect the amount of emotional distress someone is going through. SO what if you weighed 6 stone at 15? That doesn't prove anything.

NAUN... you've recognised you've got a problem, and that is really a great first step. Something that I think is the hardest thing to do. Its great that you're being honest with yourself. Now i guess its just trying to move forwards, and thinking of further steps to help yourself. Maybe talking about it with someone face to face? A friend? Then think about getting some sort of professional help? I'm sure you know what you 'should' do, the hard thing is doing it :p .... Just one thing though, if people around you know whats going on, then they can support you. Also, i found that it made my problem "real" and well I couldn't just sit back and ignore it.. might work for you.

All the best with things, xxx
  • Options
    Just a quick note....

SO what if you weighed 6 stone at 15? That doesn't prove anything.

thanks! SO just because NUAN is going through this in 2009,means that what I went through in 1990, doesn't prove anything! I've begun to realise that this "net-mate" thing is a load of crap! SO what you say, thanks for the support, I'll never again post here looking for support from a load of hyprociatical strangers that have nothing better to do than try to demoralise their elders..:confused:
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    I've got 5 more than you, and no you don't.

Oh WHAT? this is getting ridicolous, so because YOU are 40 & I'm 35, your opinion is better than mine! Am I on here to be critisised by everyone for my opinion? How sad!
  • Options
    Stop pulling your age as a one upper on the rest of us, most people stopped that in primary school.

Look, no-one's trying to belittle your experiences as a teenager but this thread is designed to support NAUN, which tbh I don't think you've really helped with. If you wish to look for support for your problems, maybe you should make a more specialized thread.

But we're hypocritical strangers anyhow.
  • Options
    Sakes! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Ok Navyblue, you have been through a lot! and i admire that you got through it. So my situation isn't the same and i am not 6stone yet ok. sorry.

Age doesn't really play apart here as that has no influence on my decisions. so lets stop talking about that.

Your opinion, i'm not quite sure on tbh...everything seems to be majorly mixed up.

I do NOT want this thread to turn into i've been through worse/i'm older i know better argument. I do not need to be patronised about ages and experiances.
  • Options
    Don't say 'yet', NAUN, it worries me.
    x
  • Options
  • Options
    As much as I believe this thread should be support for NAUN i wanted to clear something up.

My point was... you bringing your weight/age/experience in to things does not prove anything... it doesn't mean that your advice is the best, or even that you know what you're saying.

Please start another thread if you're looking for advice. If you're looking to give it... and to give good advice... show it by the words you use and the support you give, instead of the 'i'm older and therefore wiser' arguement.

If through your experience you can give NAUN words of advice... then great, but your weight didn't need to be mentioned. I'm sure you realise that for most people weight is a sensitive issue, especially if someone is having problems with eating, and therefore having specific weights and "i was worse" shoved in their face will not be helpful.
  • Options
  • Options
    As much as I believe this thread should be support for NAUN i wanted to clear something up.

My point was... you bringing your weight/age/experience in to things does not prove anything... it doesn't mean that your advice is the best, or even that you know what you're saying.

Please start another thread if you're looking for advice. If you're looking to give it... and to give good advice... show it by the words you use and the support you give, instead of the 'i'm older and therefore wiser' arguement.

If through your experience you can give NAUN words of advice... then great, but your weight didn't need to be mentioned. I'm sure you realise that for most people weight is a sensitive issue, especially if someone is having problems with eating, and therefore having specific weights and "i was worse" shoved in their face will not be helpful.
    :yes:. It's not a competition ffs. Older =/= wiser and while it's great that you managed to help yourself NavyBlue, the point we are *all* trying to make is that weight doesn't come into it when it's obvious from the way naun has been posting that she is developing what could potentially be a very serious problem. I am intrigued by your calling us hypocritical as well, since I am failing to see where I have been - all I have said is the truth and I would have said it to anyone. If you have been through this you should know that it doesn't just magically become a problem when you reach a low weight, it starts off as something like naun is experiencing and keeps getting worse.

Naun, I stand by my offer of support via PM. I hope you're ok and that the disruption in this thread hasn't done too much damage :heart:.