Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

moving to canada...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thanks for your opinions people :)

i immediately told my boyfriend i wouldn't be willing to move to canada with him. i felt a bit selfish though so i suppose i wanted to know what other people would do. my boyfriend did understand where i was coming from but he seemed a bit upset i said i wouldn't go over there with him.

its probably not going to happen. its just a possibility, a small one hopefully! it just depends what happens next month!
  • Options
    No. My family means too much to me. How much would he love me if he asked me to move away from the family I love more than anything? Love is about compromise anyway isn't it?
  • Options
    I already did. That's why I'm living in Australia now... although I only moved here for a year for now. The decision to live here permanantly or not is still to come....and that's going to be the hardest decision ever.

I fucking love Australia... it's absolutely beautiful here, the weather is pretty much always perfect and I've seen some awesome things like Humpback whales jump out of the sea while I'm working.
    But it aint home. I miss my mates, I miss my family...I miss England. I miss Brighton, I miss the countryside, I miss London, I miss the nightlife, I miss the music scene...I miss home.
    But if I went back, I'd miss my girlfriend. :confused:
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I already did. That's why I'm living in Australia now... although I only moved here for a year for now. The decision to live here permanantly or not is still to come....and that's going to be the hardest decision ever.

I fucking love Australia... it's absolutely beautiful here, the weather is pretty much always perfect and I've seen some awesome things like Humpback whales jump out of the sea while I'm working.
    But it aint home. I miss my mates, I miss my family...I miss England. I miss Brighton, I miss the countryside, I miss London, I miss the nightlife, I miss the music scene...I miss home.
    But if I went back, I'd miss my girlfriend. :confused:

At least if you have an Aussie girlfriend you can move between the two countries and compromise if you wanted?
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    At least if you have an Aussie girlfriend you can move between the two countries and compromise if you wanted?

Not quite that simple. I'm only here on a 12 month working holiday visa... if I want to come back here to live and work properly, I have to apply for a de-facto partner visa, which is a very long, complicated and stressful process. We have to keep providing evidence that we've been living together consistantly for at least a year e.t.c... Once I have that visa, I still have to live here for like 3 years before I get permanant residence. I'll never get Australian citizenship.

Apparantly it's even harder for her to get this visa in the UK now. The British government came under alot of criticism for letting any old sod in, now they're cracking down on it.
  • Options
    Not quite that simple. I'm only here on a 12 month working holiday visa... if I want to come back here to live and work properly, I have to apply for a de-facto partner visa, which is a very long, complicated and stressful process. We have to keep providing evidence that we've been living together consistantly for at least a year e.t.c... Once I have that visa, I still have to live here for like 3 years before I get permanant residence. I'll never get Australian citizenship.

Apparantly it's even harder for her to get this visa in the UK now. The British government came under alot of criticism for letting any old sod in, now they're cracking down on it.

That's pretty harsh. I keep forgetting that it is a bit more complicated than just packing up and leaving for another country.
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote: »
    That's pretty harsh. I keep forgetting that it is a bit more complicated than just packing up and leaving for another country.

Yup, it's gonna be a right mish. Love makes us do some crazy shit though doesn't it? :)
  • Options
    Yup, it's gonna be a right mish. Love makes us do some crazy shit though doesn't it? :)

It sure does!! As long as you're happy where you are, I guess that's the main thing.
  • Options
    Awww, I didn't know you had moved to Australia with your lady, ed, how cute and wonderful :D:heart:
  • Options
    Yup. :)
    There has been trouble in paradise though. lol
  • Options
    yes! Trus love is hard to find...you have to hold onto it when you find it,
  • Options
    I moved here to Norway from the United States for my husband. It wasn't hard at all for me. I have always been a bit of a nomad, so leaving my family wasn't anything new. It's one of the best decisions I ever made! I have a wonderful husband and family, excellent FREE health care and benefits, free college, my daughter is speaking fluent norwegian she has learned in school. Why in gods name would I ever miss home? That's what the internet and telephones are for...
  • Options
    Yup. :)
    There has been trouble in paradise though. lol

As much as i'd go if they went Id have to take my family with me >< They're like attached at my hip.
  • Options
    Moving to another country isn't for everyone. Some can do it easily and others don't know if its the right thing or not. If someone asked me to move for them and I knew this other person was the one I'd do it without thinking twice about it. Leaving career, friends and family behind isn't easy, you can still come back and visit though. Blah blah blah, good luck to you on whatever you decide. If you have any questions or things you would like to know about canada, just ask cause Im from canada.
  • Options
    hypothetical situation...

would you be willing to move to the other side of the world with your man if you KNEW he was the right man for you?

Yes. If I loved that person so much that I'd miss her staying at home, than missing my family being away, then of course I would.