Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

An incident happened in town - was I in the wrong?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why an anger management problem?
  • Options
    ilipintt wrote: »
    What? lol..

i don't care about this and see no need to "get my own back". She evidently seems more "hurt" by this than I am.

Besides, situations aren't so black and white. In ANY situation, we must take some responsiblity for what we do, even if directly we are not to blame. But I guess moping like a 2 year old is Ok in this case, huh?

Your problem is in most situations you are to blame. As innocent as your recollection sounds after the incident with you cousin and based on my own experiences of shop workers -not- standing in my way, I'm guessing you just nudged her out the way because you didn't like her or some other thing.

Though if you are trolling you're doing a good impression of a psychotic.
  • Options
    Why an anger management problem?

Seriously, if you can't see that then I don't see how just keeping this open for people to get angry with you is going to help.

You obviously have huge issues with anger or violence based on your previous thread and it's something you need to look into dealing with.

But, really, if you want to avoid this thread being closed then I'd suggest please trying to reply in more detail to what people are saying.

Oh and there are plenty of other threads here people could reply to, rather than winding each other up.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Jim V wrote: »
    Seriously, if you can't see that then I don't see how just keeping this open for people to get angry with you is going to help.

You obviously have huge issues with anger or violence based on your previous thread and it's something you need to look into dealing with.

But, really, if you want to avoid this thread being closed then I'd suggest please trying to reply in more detail to what people are saying.

Oh and there are plenty of other threads here people could reply to, rather than winding each other up.

You rule Jim. :flirt:
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Your problem is in most situations you are to blame. As innocent as your recollection sounds after the incident with you cousin and based on my own experiences of shop workers -not- standing in my way, I'm guessing you just nudged her out the way because you didn't like her or some other thing.

Why do you think that? I already said that I had politely asked her to step aside and she ignored me. I assumed she was trying to spite me or something so I nudged her.
    Though if you are trolling you're doing a good impression of a psychotic.

By what standard? I think mental ill health is only applicable if a person suffers from emotional distress. Other than that, it's just opinion and not medical fact.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »

I don't have any issues with anger. I do get angry sometimes but not unhealthily so. All I know to be normal is to be on the same mental level as everybody else and I'm getting there.
  • Options
    I think mental ill health is only applicable if a person suffers from emotional distress. Other than that, it's just opinion and not medical fact.

Really, I've seen and spoken to many, many people with very serious mental health problems and looking in from the outside, even if they aren't in any distress, it's often very clear when someone is unwell. To be honest one of the first things that happens when someone is becoming very unwell is they can lose their ability to judge or recognise the problems in their own behaviour.

Thinking you are healthy or well doesn't mean you always are.
  • Options
    Only because the beliefs of psychiatrists say so. If a person shows no sign of emotional distress then they aren't mentally ill.
  • Options
    Only because the beliefs of psychiatrists say so. If a person shows no sign of emotional distress then they aren't mentally ill.

Untrue.

Last year, I was having some serious problems. Most of the time I acted as thoug there was nothing wrong. (because it was easier than people asking questions)
  • Options
    Ahaha.

How many people do you know with *serious* mental illnesses? Because I know plenty and I'm telling you know that you are so disgustingly wrong it's almost offensive.
  • Options
    Why is it untrue? It's a fact that mental illness is an abnormality that causes emotional distress in the patient. An abnormality per se is not a symptom of mental illness. Goths are "abnormal" since most people don't dress like that, but show no evident sign of emotional distress merely by dressing like that. If an action doesn't impair on one's quality of life, then it's not a mental illness.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Ahaha.

How many people do you know with *serious* mental illnesses? Because I know plenty and I'm telling you know that you are so disgustingly wrong it's almost offensive.

How am I wrong? Who cares if a person has delusions, for example? If the delusions don't affect his/her quality of life, then there is no reason why they should be treated.
  • Options
    Plenty of things impair someone's life that don't cause them distress, but if you want to discuss mental illness i'd suggest taking it to p&d and letting this thread die.
  • Options
  • Options
    Why is it untrue? It's a fact that mental illness is an abnormality that causes emotional distress in the patient. An abnormality per se is not a symptom of mental illness. Goths are "abnormal" since most people don't dress like that, but show no evident sign of emotional distress merely by dressing like that. If an action doesn't impair on one's quality of life, then it's not a mental illness.

The fact that it causes emotional distress though, does not mean that they have to constantly actively display it. In fact most people will try and hide it to prevent having to tell people what's wrong.
  • Options
    Thank you Franki. That was the point I was trying to make.
  • Options
    In ANY situation, we must take some responsiblity for what we do, even if directly we are not to blame.

Do you have to wear two hats ? Because you're fucking two faced.
  • Options
    I do get angry sometimes but not unhealthily so.

Just enough to break someone's nose, you're an idiot.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Do you have to wear two hats ? Because you're fucking two faced.

How?
  • Options
    Seriously ilipintt - if you can't see whats too wrong with on one hand breaking someone's nose for no reason and then on the other saying you take responsibility for your actions then I will have to close this thread and ask that you think more carefully about posting and maybe post in future when you're more able to consider the ramifications of what you're saying.
  • Options

this is so ridiculously wrong on so many levels its actually not worth going into. i think we should all be 'the bigger people' and just ignore ilipint's threads from now on. for our own sanity. you have such a warped veiw of life i find it shocking.
  • Options
    What interests me, is that her threads have gone from what they used to be, that she was totally at fault for everything and was different to everyone else.

To blaming everyone but herself for issues, its quite a subtle but major change.
  • Options
    this is so ridiculously wrong on so many levels its actually not worth going into. i think we should all be 'the bigger people' and just ignore ilipint's threads from now on. for our own sanity. you have such a warped veiw of life i find it shocking.

Why is it wrong? Psychiatry is just personal belief anyhow and no objective medical judgement.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    What interests me, is that her threads have gone from what they used to be, that she was totally at fault for everything and was different to everyone else.

To blaming everyone but herself for issues, its quite a subtle but major change.

I don't blame anybody.
  • Options
    Why is it wrong? Psychiatry is just personal belief anyhow and no objective medical judgement.

Bullshit. If you think diagnosing people with something like schizophrenia is a personal belief of a psychiatrist then you're a fool. There are plenty of objective medical tests that can be carried to diagnose and treat a wide variety of mental illnesses.
  • Options
    Of course it is personal belief. How is it not?
  • Options
    Okay, this forum isn't really for discussing and debating personal views of mental health, so I'm going to close this thread - as the actual original post isn't going anywhere good. If you want to discuss mental health and clinical judgement ilipintt then please do it over in politics and debate.
This discussion has been closed.