Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Does enjoying this make me a bad person?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    Thats below the belt Skive.

For your information (not that I should justify myself), I haven't done anything like that in a long time. I'd be careful what your saying. Alot of people have self harming issues on here including RG herself. Its actually quite a common way of people coping and tbh, I'd rather injure myself than some poor innocent animal even if it was dead. Would you wantt someone to chop you up when your dead and take photos (without your permission)? Probably not.

I'm not coming back in here anyway. Its just disturbing.
    A lot of people have self-harming issues, yes, but personally I, even though technically I am still a self-harmer, was more offended by what you said than what Skive said. Largely because I know he was only saying it as a way of showing popular opinion whereas you came in here and were absolutely offensive. Fair enough, what RG has done is not particularly normal, but imo I think it's fairly understandable given her (obviously severe) mental health problems and the fact that she's had mice running around her flat, across her bed etc for weeks. That "poor innocent animal" is not the cute little mouse you see in pet shops, it is dirty and disease-ridden and highly irritating. Coming in here and saying that RG is fucked up and weird for venting her frustration in this way could be very damaging to her, did you think about that? Other people have managed to come and reply to this thread and say that it is perhaps not normal without being what looks to me to be deliberately and certainly unnecessarily offensive.

I'm not going to say all I want to say because it will probably get me a warning but I think in future you should consider how you would feel if someone said something like that to you.

RG - I don't think what you did was weird, although I do hope you have properly cleaned your landlady's knives. I agree with go_away that I would be pretty pissed off if I found out you had done something like that with my belongings. I hope you feel better now you have vented your frustration.
  • Options
    holy... fuck...
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    A lot of people have self-harming issues, yes, but personally I, even though technically I am still a self-harmer, was more offended by what you said than what Skive said. Largely because I know he was only saying it as a way of showing popular opinion whereas you came in here and were absolutely offensive. Fair enough, what RG has done is not particularly normal, but imo I think it's fairly understandable given her (obviously severe) mental health problems and the fact that she's had mice running around her flat, across her bed etc for weeks. That "poor innocent animal" is not the cute little mouse you see in pet shops, it is dirty and disease-ridden and highly irritating. Coming in here and saying that RG is fucked up and weird for venting her frustration in this way could be very damaging to her, did you think about that? Other people have managed to come and reply to this thread and say that it is perhaps not normal without being what looks to me to be deliberately and certainly unnecessarily offensive.

I'm not going to say all I want to say because it will probably get me a warning but I think in future you should consider how you would feel if someone said something like that to you.

RG - I don't think what you did was weird, although I do hope you have properly cleaned your landlady's knives. I agree with go_away that I would be pretty pissed off if I found out you had done something like that with my belongings. I hope you feel better now you have vented your frustration.

Thank you Franki :)

Not so long ago lacrymosa was keen to tell me how disgusting it was in this thread:
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php?t=127545
    Why don't you get somebody in to get rid of the annoying things? Or at least talk to your landlady about it? Its completely unhygienic and disgusting.

I am absolutely terrified of mice. I couldn't even be in a house where there was mice running around.

ETA: Sorry, I didn't realise you'd already had visits from someone. Didn't read your first post properly

She didn't seem to think they were such harmless little innocent creatures then.

To be honest I just take everything lacrymosa says to me with a huge pinch of salt, I think she just tries to offend me as much as possible on here as she is clearly very jealous that I am slimmer than her because I have anorexia nervosa.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Yeah, my thoughts have been all over the place. At first I genuinely did wonder if I was a terrible person but the more thought about it logically the more I conclude that no, it is not ideal but it says nothing about my character or whether I'm a 'good' or 'bad' person.

I think I enjoyed it as for once I felt like I had some power over the mouse situation when for ages it's been the one with power over me (i.e. crapping everywhere, making my stuff dirty, waking me up at night etc etc)

Well i guess everyones different..i think someone enjoying carving up a mouse and,more worryingly,enjoying the sense of power doing something like that gives them *does* make them a bad person..if youve concluded otherwise,then i guess youve got your answer..and if your conscience is entirely clear then im not sure why you feel the need to still be here justifying your actions to people who dont agree with you.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »

To be honest I just take everything lacrymosa says to me with a huge pinch of salt, I think she just tries to offend me as much as possible on here as she is clearly very jealous that I am slimmer than her because I have anorexia nervosa.

Sorry but I think thats just a little bit out of order tbh...what she said was over reactive and could have been put nicer but there's no need to resort to saying that!
  • Options
    Are you sterilising those knives yet?
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Sorry but I think thats just a little bit out of order tbh...what she said was over reactive and could have been put nicer but there's no need to resort to saying that!

Well it's true that literally every post she makes to me is deliberately offensive and I can think of no other reason as to why she would behave this way to me. She used to be very supportive of me on here and we met once in real life and got on fine, it's the eating and weight issues that have caused her to start being so nasty to me on here but as I know she is ill too I just tune it out. I do get rather a lot of pm's of support from lots of other people about offensive things lacrymosa has said to me in various different threads and other people seem to find the way she treats me as much worse than I see it as being because I just think that it's because of her own issues.
  • Options
    Guys, this isn't the mental health olympics, whatever goes on outside of the boards (or blatently out in the open) this isn't the place for it, this topic is already highly charged, and it'll only get uglier.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    go_away wrote: »
    Guys, this isn't the mental health olympics, whatever goes on outside of the boards (or blatently out in the open) this isn't the place for it, this topic is already highly charged, and it'll only get uglier.

:yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    It's a bit wierd I guess. But cutting up a dead animal isn't a morally bad thing to do. It's already dead. I once had to cut up dead baby chicks (the sort you get at Easter) after pulling their legs off. Apparently a cheetah needs its food cut up. No wonder they're endangered if they need someone else to cut up every meal. But I didn't enjoy it, or take photos, or mention it on a websi......oh.
  • Options
    No wonder they're endangered if they need someone else to cut up every meal.

:lol:
  • Options
    i poured salt on slugs at my old house when they kept coming in my kitchen.

was a bad move. It made them much harder to clean up
  • Options
    :eek2:

i am actually lost for words...
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    go_away wrote: »

:yes:

Randomgirl, hopefully you're at least OK - and the supportive comments in here are enough to counteract some of the more 'ugly' ones. It's not fair to use this discussion to have a dig at other people relating to mental issues, and I'm sorry that it's gone down that road. Moving forward, it will be particularly useful for you to take note of go_away's and Franki's comments about your landlady - while what you did is not healthy, try not to dwell on it and please be mindful of hygiene issues for you AND others.

I'm actually going to close this now, because I'm getting a bus home and to be honest, I'm don't feel completely confident that it's not going to get really nasty. I may open it again later.
This discussion has been closed.