Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Does enjoying this make me a bad person?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    squeal wrote: »
    Someone like me? Interesting.

I wasn't being rude to you, I was saying what I thought, and that you wasn't a bad person so there was no need for such a comment. If you would rather I said you was a psychopathic freak that has just done something completely sickening then fair enough, but I didn't.

Okay, I wasn't offended by what you said in this thread. I shouldn't bring history into it. Sorry.
  • Options
    It was dead first, fair enough, i suppose no harm done long. It's not as if it was a live mouse.......but why would you take photos?
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    It was dead first, fair enough, i suppose no harm done long. It's not as if it was a live mouse.......but why would you take photos?

Well at first I wanted to take photos of it as it looked cute and peaceful and just asleep. And like fishermen take photos of what they catch don't they? It's a record really, maybe satifaction.
  • Options
    It's better it was dead rather than alive..though I still think it is a bit gross and disgusting. But then again we used to disect pigs hearts at college so could be classed as similar thing :chin:
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Well at first I wanted to take photos of it as it looked cute and peaceful and just asleep. And like fishermen take photos of what they catch don't they? It's a record really, maybe satifaction.

Are you going to do this with every rat you catch?
  • Options
    You've had quite a bit of advice and sympathy from people when disgusing your own frustration outlets, that others could consider oh...my...gawd...weird and certainly vomilicious! Why not attempt to return that thoughtfullness, compassion and advice rather than just berate the poor girl, lacrymosa?
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Are you going to do this with every rat you catch?

It wasn't a rat it was a mouse.

It took ages (like a few months) just to catch one so it's not as if they'll be another one there straight away.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    I'm going to start chopping up dead animals to vent my frustration then!!![/SIZE]

Are you having problems with verming at home then?

I guess not.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think it's kinda weird and something you need to nip in the bud - a lot of serial killers start off killing animals and move on to people - not saying you'll turn into a serial killer but if you get satisfaction doing this then one day you're probably get bored of it and might want to want to progress to something even more extreme ...
  • Options
    Having lived with vermin in my old place it's fecking horrible and used to send shivers up my spine. Never took to cutting and photographing dead creatures however, whatever mental issues I had at the time.

Mouse stuff aside, if I was your landlady and found out what you did with my property I would be absolutely livid. Don't get me wrong I've seen all sorts of weird, kinky and bloody things done in the name of art, but in the instances I've witnessed, the individuals concerned have used their own materials and everyone knows the score. Your landlady doesn't, and regardless of the fact that she's a meateater, living in squalor etc, whatever, it doesn't justify using her knives and giving them a quick rinse.
  • Options
    i think it does make you a bad person, thats a absolute horrific thing to do. Bordering on repulsive. i really dont see how anyone can see this as anything else. Fair enough you may have some kind of illness but doing something like this is just wrong wrong wrong.

i dont like the things either but this is the last thing i could possibly think of doing with a dead animal

go get some help.

:no:
  • Options
    It wasn't a rat it was a mouse.

It took ages (like a few months) just to catch one so it's not as if they'll be another one there straight away.

True :chin: I suppose if it made you feel better and got your frustration out then it shouldn't matter what other people think, although I doubt it is somthing you should repeat too often!!
  • Options
    Okay, I wasn't offended by what you said in this thread. I shouldn't bring history into it. Sorry.

Apology accepted. And I thought mine was from the past. I thought it was water under the bridge. Never mind though :)
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    You've had quite a bit of advice and sympathy from people when disgusing your own frustration outlets, that others could consider oh...my...gawd...weird and certainly vomilicious! Why not attempt to return that thoughtfullness, compassion and advice rather than just berate the poor girl, lacrymosa?

Wanted to say that.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
  • Options
    i think it does make you a bad person, thats a absolute horrific thing to do. Bordering on repulsive. i really dont see how anyone can see this as anything else. Fair enough you may have some kind of illness but doing something like this is just wrong wrong wrong.

i dont like the things either but this is the last thing i could possibly think of doing with a dead animal

go get some help.

:no:

Thats what i think too and im actually really quite disturbed that so many people think its a perfectly valid way to vent your frustrations..if i knew a friend of mine had done something like this,id be slightly worried for my safety at best and not want to be friends with someone who thought that was ok at worst.
  • Options
    I don't think you can really compare how I've let off frustration in the past (and how ALOT of users have let off frustration) with cutting up dead animals then taking photos!!!!!!! I'm sorry, I think its horrible. I'll shut up now.

I would suggest that cutting up animals is preferable to, and less 'weird' than cutting up yourself.

I find it strange that you seem more worried about a dead mouse than RG.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I just want to emphasize that it was a DEAD mouse not a live one. Plenty of my friends love eating meat so animals die for there pleasure on a daily basis (and it is a pleasure as they don't 'need' to consume meat they chose to because they want to), I don't think they would chose not to be my friend because of this.
  • Options
    Thank you Skive :)
  • Options
    I just want to emphasize that it was a DEAD mouse not a live one. Plenty of my friends love eating meat so animals die for there pleasure on a daily basis (and it is a pleasure as they don't 'need' to consume meat they chose to because they want to), I don't think they would chose not to be my friend because of this.

this is no justification for what you have done. These things are carried out in controlled conditions by skilled people and in the most humane and ethical ways possible.

live or dead, doesnt matter.
  • Options

I don't think eating meat is about pleasure .. I think it's part of nature ... if Humans were the only creatures on earth that ate other animals I might agree with you but there's plenty of carnivores in nature.

The mice might be dead at the moment but who's to say you won't progress to catching them live and torturing them, etc
  • Options
    this is no justification for what you have done. These things are carried out in controlled conditions by skilled people and in the most humane and ethical ways possible.

live or dead, doesnt matter.

How does it not matter if it was living or dead? One is a living thing, one is ur... a lifeless cluster of cells that once was.

Is there a special training programme for the most 'humane' way to cut up already dead vermin? I doubt it.
  • Options
    I don't think you can really compare how I've let off frustration in the past (and how ALOT of users have let off frustration) with cutting up dead animals then taking photos!!!!!!! I'm sorry, I think its horrible. I'll shut up now.

:yes:

I think it's disgusting, not sure why it makes me feel a bit sick. I guess it was dead and everything but still ...
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    The mice might be dead at the moment but who's to say you won't progress to catching them live and torturing them, etc

Who's to say anyone won't start torturing live animals? You can't hold something against someone that they haven't done yet.
  • Options

Yeah but they dont all think the bloody carnage it creates is lots of fun..i think the way you approached this is really sinister because your first post made it sound like you were worried this made you a bad person,but then you didnt seem to feel the slightest bit bad and actually went into greater detail about how much you hoped the mouse was pregnant,and listed all the internal organs you managed to find..i just think its really sick that you enjoyed this and dont understand it at all!
  • Options
    Thats below the belt Skive.

For your information (not that I should justify myself), I haven't done anything like that in a long time. I'd be careful what your saying. Alot of people have self harming issues on here including RG herself. Its actually quite a common way of people coping and tbh, I'd rather injure myself than some poor innocent animal even if it was dead. Would you wantt someone to chop you up when your dead and take photos (without your permission)? Probably not.

I'm not coming back in here anyway. Its just disturbing.

A "poor animal" that's already dead? That doesn't make sense, fair enough, what she has done is not normal and quite disturbing to many people but it doe not make her a bad person. That's the point.
  • Options

For your information (not that I should justify myself), I haven't done anything like that in a long time. I'd be careful what your saying. Alot of people have self harming issues on here including RG herself. Its actually quite a common way of people coping and tbh, I'd rather injure myself than some poor innocent animal even if it was dead. Would you wantt someone to chop you up when your dead and take photos (without your permission)? Probably not.

To be honest I don't find the comparison to be 'below the belt', it's probably much the same issues that lead to destructiveness of oneself (through self-harm, eating disorders, abusing drugs and alcohol to a harmful extent etc etc) that lead us to be destructive to say our own possessions and other things.

I don't think the comparison you make about what you would want doing with a human body to be relevant. I mean would you want to be eaten? Probably not. Does that make it wrong to eat an animal? Probably not.

Is it ever okay to take photos of animals? Without their permission? Or do people who take photos of living animals check with the animals first? I don't think we have to consent to being photographed living.
  • Options
    randomgirl, i'm worried about you. i don't think you're a bad person, but i don't think you are a very well person. please talk to someone about this in group therapy.

be careful.
  • Options

It wasn't meant to offend. It's true.
    I'd be careful what your saying. Alot of people have self harming issues on here including RG herself.

And I'm fully aware of that fact. That is why I said it.
    Its actually quite a common way of people coping and tbh, I'd rather injure myself than some poor innocent animal even if it was dead.

Well I'd far rather you or anybodty else cut up mouse than cut yourself/themselves.

Would you wantt someone to chop you up when your dead and take photos (without your permission)? Probably not.

Nope. But then I make distinctions between people and vermin.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    HanHan wrote: »
    Yeah but they dont all think the bloody carnage it creates is lots of fun..i think the way you approached this is really sinister because your first post made it sound like you were worried this made you a bad person,but then you didnt seem to feel the slightest bit bad and actually went into greater detail about how much you hoped the mouse was pregnant,and listed all the internal organs you managed to find..i just think its really sick that you enjoyed this and dont understand it at all!

Yeah, my thoughts have been all over the place. At first I genuinely did wonder if I was a terrible person but the more thought about it logically the more I conclude that no, it is not ideal but it says nothing about my character or whether I'm a 'good' or 'bad' person.

I think I enjoyed it as for once I felt like I had some power over the mouse situation when for ages it's been the one with power over me (i.e. crapping everywhere, making my stuff dirty, waking me up at night etc etc)
This discussion has been closed.