Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Does enjoying this make me a bad person?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As many of you know I live in a room I rent from a live-in landlady and we've been infested with mice for a few months now. It is gross. Anyway today at last there was one caught in the mouse trap just next to my bed when I got up, I wasn't sure what to do with it so I left it there until this afternoon. Anyway, I've just finished cutting the little bastard into lots of pieces using my landlady's kitchen knives, I stabbed it lots of times first and then hacked away at it trying to get rid of some of my internal rage. It was quite therapeautic really although now my bedroom absolutely stinks. Does this make me a bad person? I took lots of photos of the various stages of the mousey blood bath too although just crappy phone pics as my digital camera was out of batteries.

Comments

• Options
    pictures please :yes:
  • Options
    Virus wrote: »
    pictures please :yes:

I don't have the wire thingy that gets them from my phone to a computer :grump:

I think some of the users here might not like photos of blood and stuff, I would guess it's against the rules to post it here? But anyway that's academic as I don't have anyway to upload them.

I've been fantasising about this for ages, it felt so good to finally catch one! I want to catch more now...
  • Options
    It is understandable that you would take your frustrations out on one example of the plague, but I would suggest that taking pleasure from the death of an animal isnt perhaps the best indicator of your mental wellbeing.
  • Options
    I'm a vegetarian so I don't get much dead flesh in my life :)
  • Options
    Some people enjoy eating meat. I'm not going to eat it though. I've put it down the rubbish chute now anyway, I thought about keeping some of the flesh but it smelt too bad. I was disappointed not to be able to see it's gender, I thought I'd be able to find it's reproductive organs internally and was hoping it was a pregnant female. But I could find the kidneys, liver, lungs, heart, bowels... lots of goo. And then I cut it's head off. I've cleaned her knives now and they are back on the draining board where I found them. I can't stop laughing to myself. I'd better calm down before she gets home else she might be wondering!!
  • Options
    :sour: Poor little bugger.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Randomgirl,
    It doesn't make you a bad person, although I can imagine there will be people offended by this. But. the main issue here is actually hygiene - it's worrying that you've used kitchen knives to do this, and if there's a smell of a rotting animal in your room, then it's a really bad sign and you're really putting your health at risk. It's really important that you make sure you clean the knives absolutely thoroughly and any other debris.

Also, it's not a good idea to get into a habit of this. I'm trying to think of some other ways that you can let out some of this internal rage that won't put your health in danger. :chin:
  • Options
    They aren't my cooking knives though. They are my landlady's. I've got my own ones. I did give them a rinse. And she eats muito flesh lots, she always leaves meat and fish around although she doesn't like the mice. Is eating mouse really any more unhygienic than say eating chicken or rabbit?

I've opened my bedroom window to try to get rid of the smell and I think I need to take a shower befoe she gets back from work incase there is blood on me or something that I haven't noticed.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I thought I'd be able to find it's reproductive organs internally and was hoping it was a pregnant female.
    Wft?? Why would you 'hope' it was a pregnant female? So you could chop the unborn mice up as well? Nice job :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Some people enjoy eating meat. I'm not going to eat it though. I've put it down the rubbish chute now anyway, I thought about keeping some of the flesh but it smelt too bad. I was disappointed not to be able to see it's gender, I thought I'd be able to find it's reproductive organs internally and was hoping it was a pregnant female. But I could find the kidneys, liver, lungs, heart, bowels... lots of goo. And then I cut it's head off. I've cleaned her knives now and they are back on the draining board where I found them. I can't stop laughing to myself. I'd better calm down before she gets home else she might be wondering!!

Granted, some people enjoy eating meat, but those who farm animals for meat rarely kill them in a pleasurable frenzy.

I've killed animals that my cats have brought in 3/4 dead before, but I didn't take pleasure from it and I did it as quickly as possible to reduce the suffering.
  • Options
    They aren't my cooking knives though. They are my landlady's. I've got my own ones. I did give them a rinse. And she eats muito flesh lots, she always leaves meat and fish around although she doesn't like the mice. Is eating mouse really any more unhygienic than say eating chicken or rabbit?

Mice constantly urinate, and they carry nasty diseases, so yes stabbing a wild mouse is worse than cutting up a piece of chicken. And a rinse will do bugger in terms of killing any germs.
  • Options
    Aw man, that is half funny and half totally gross and disgusting. Either way, no, chopping up a dead mouse with kitchen knives and a chuckle does not make you a bad person. Perhpas you could utilise your new found talent and get a job on a carvery?
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Granted, some people enjoy eating meat, but those who farm animals for meat rarely kill them in a pleasurable frenzy.

I've killed animals that my cats have brought in 3/4 dead before, but I didn't take pleasure from it and I did it as quickly as possible to reduce the suffering.

I didn't kill the mouse in a pleasured frenzy, it went into a mouse trap that has been there for weeks and died while I was asleep. I took just messed about with something that's already dead.

KoG, I remember when I was at school I wasn't allowed to disect a rat (because I wasn't doing a-level biology) but one of the girls who was allowed to had a pregnant female, they were all mean to be male rats though. If it had been pregnant then it would represent killing more mice too. We've got poison down and we've had loads of visits from pest control but they just won't go away. One of them ran across me in bed whilst I was asleep a couple of weeks ago, I woke with it on my pillow and they crap everywhere.
  • Options
    I was disappointed not to be able to see it's gender, I thought I'd be able to find it's reproductive organs internally and was hoping it was a pregnant female.

In answer to the initial question - no, it doesn't make you a bad person so to speak, but this is an incredibly upsetting and disturbing thing to read, as is the rest of it.

Eating any future mice you find in mouse traps is not something I'd recommend as they are potentially riddled with disease and at best it would be very unhygienic and dubious in terms of your health. Also, I think you should attempt to sterilise the knives in a better way than rinsing them. That's really unsafe, regardless of whether they belong to you or your landlady.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Also, I think you should attempt to sterilise the knives in a better way than rinsing them. That's really unsafe, regardless of whether they belong to you or your landlady.

:yes: absolutely. Please do this immediately, it's really important.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Perhpas you could utilise your new found talent and get a job on a carvery?
    Lol, I wasn't exactly elegant with it, it was harder than I imagined! Well hard to cut as it was very soft, I could push the knife into it and almost right though it without actually cutting it as they are so soft and squidgey. I used to have two lovely pet mice called fluffy and squidgey when I was a child. One of them died peacefully in her sleep and the other got cancer and I had the vet put her down as I didn't want her to suffer.

I once had a job serving food and I had to pull chicken skin off the meat in a commercial kitchen. And Iworked on the Sainsbury's deli too a few years back. Meaty grossness.
  • Options
    I don't think you are a bad person and whilst you aren't actually causing any harm to the mouse because it is already dead I personally wouldn't want to rely on what can be seen as an aggressive and violent act as some sort of release for how you are feeling. Also as others have said the germs living on the mouse could be harmful to your health. Is there another way to channel how you're feeling right now without resorting to this?
  • Options
    I just wanted to clarify that I am definately not going to eat any mice as I am a very strict vegetarian.

The kitchen is already covered in mouse poo and wee all over the work tops anyway so we must have eaten a fair bit of it by now anyway but eating mouse poo and wee is nicer than eating meaty flesh.

I've so paranoid at the moment, I hope that I don't think she can read my mind later on when she comes home, that'll freak me out.
  • Options
    What's this about murderers most likely killed animals before they moved onto people? I'm not saying you're a potential killer but it's not normal to do that. Still, probably you just projecting mental illness problems onto something else as a way of coping.
  • Options
    I don't think you are a bad person and whilst you aren't actually causing any harm to the mouse because it is already dead I personally wouldn't want to rely on what can be seen as an aggressive and violent act as some sort of release for how you are feeling. Also as others have said the germs living on the mouse could be harmful to your health. Is there another way to channel how you're feeling right now without resorting to this?

I've got group therapy tomorrow morning. I've just been having a bad week. I usually only do this so of thing to my own body though, not that it feels like it's my own but it is. My one-to-one therapist was off last week due to illness so I've been way more paranoid than usual.
  • Options
    I've got group therapy tomorrow morning. I've just been having a bad week. I usually only do this so of thing to my own body though, not that it feels like it's my own but it is. My one-to-one therapist was off last week due to illness so I've been way more paranoid than usual.

Yeah it's how lots of people deal with it I think. When you are angry even at an entirely different person I show my anger by inflicting it on myself. I think what you are doing is harmless to the mouse as it is already dead but I wonder as a veggie and just regular person really whether you would feel guilty about this at some point in the future. If your one to one therapist is back would you be able to speak to them about this?
  • Options
    it doesnt make you a bad person but i dont think its a good hobby to get into
  • Options
    I think it is quite disgusting. How you had the heart to do that I don't know. I could never cut up an animal. It doesn't make you a bad person though, maybe just a little different. Poor thing (the mouse that is).
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Having problems with vermin is one of the worst things somebody can experience in their home. We used to get rats come over from the stables over the back of the garden, thankfully they never came in the house but the used to get at the rubbish bags a cause a serious mees.

I used to take great pleasure in shooting them as a kid, but now my dog pretty much deals with them.

I don't think it's a bad thing to take pleasure from the relief of killing the little bastards. I never hacked them up in a jack the ripper type manner though. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    I think it is quite disgusting. How you had the heart to do that I don't know. I could never cut up an animal. It doesn't make you a bad person though, maybe just a little different. Poor thing (the mouse that is).

That's rich coming from someone like you :yeees:
  • Options

Easy, let's not get personal. I think it's quite understandable that some people would be disturbed by it and some questioning is perfectly valid to be honest - regardless of background/history etc.
  • Options

Someone like me? Interesting.

I wasn't being rude to you, I was saying what I thought, and that you wasn't a bad person so there was no need for such a comment. If you would rather I said you was a psychopathic freak that has just done something completely sickening then fair enough, but I didn't.
  • Options
    RG would you do it to a live mouse?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    No it's not.
    It's just a case of taking frustrations out on an already dead vermin. I think quite understandable.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    RG would you do it to a live mouse?

Probably not.
This discussion has been closed.