Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What have you had to give up in a relationship ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    HanHan wrote: »
    Well my new bloke's got me giving up being vegetarian..in the record time of 6 weeks...after 15 YEARS of no meat!!

There's a really good joke there, but i'll let you all find it for yourselves :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Lots.

Never again. Compromise is always a necessity, but I'll never let it get to the lengths it once did.

:)

Me too. It just wasn't good, although I think I learnt a lot from that experience.

Now, it's my weekends as we have a LDR. Although is it really giving it up if I want to be doing it? :chin:
  • Options
    My Gf keeps on trying to pressure me into meeting all the family and friends,going out and paying for everything.
    I just prefer to chill out and sit at home (boring I may be:thumb: )but Ive never been the type to want to go out and meet loads of people and even at my own family get togethers Ive had enough after a day of being around loads of them (in the nicest possible way:D )let alone going through all that discomfort with someone elses family!!!:nervous:
    I guess its my mentality of prefering to be alone and doing what I want when I want with who I want.I have lived alone for most of 2 years now when my grandparents are away for most of the summer.
    Its really annoying me now with all her moaning about me not meeting anyone and not being bothered but the more she goes on the more Im not going to meet anyone and the more I want to be on my own....
    Am I in the wrong here?
  • Options
    The Leaf wrote: »
    Am I in the wrong here?

You can never really be in the wrong about what you want to do with your time. But you might be pleasantly surprised if you do spend time with people. Maybe give it some time to get to know these people she wants you to meet. As other people have said, you do need compromises in relationships for example going to see the odd film that you wouldn't usually have chosen. So maybe you should do what she wants some of the time, but she should also respect what you want to do and do what you want to do some of the time. The relationship won't work if you're always in conflict about how to spend time.
  • Options
    Well,its all solved now.
    We have decided to just be friends now.
    Bit sad,this is the longest Ive ever been with a girl but....things end dont they?
    At least it ended nicely and we are friends.
  • Options
    Acrobat wrote: »
    Me too. It just wasn't good, although I think I learnt a lot from that experience.

Now, it's my weekends as we have a LDR. Although is it really giving it up if I want to be doing it? :chin:

Ended up living where she wanted, she had the car she wanted, booked holidays to places she wanted, ate what she wanted...

My life felt like an ornament on her fireplace.
  • Options
    Far too much for my own good. He tried to change me into the girlfriend he wanted not the girlfriend I was.
  • Options
    Far too much for my own good. He tried to change me into the girlfriend he wanted not the girlfriend I was.
    Ditto. And I let him which made me really angry with myself for a long time. But I've forgiven myself now and put it down as experience. :)
  • Options
    The Leaf wrote: »
    Well,its all solved now.
    We have decided to just be friends now.
    Bit sad,this is the longest Ive ever been with a girl but....things end dont they?
    At least it ended nicely and we are friends.

Glad to hear it's sorted. Yes, most relationships will come to an end eventually, plently more fish in the sea!
  • Options
    Sleeping with other girls.
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: Thats the biggest miss
  • Options

Yeah, I am still getting my head around this one :grump:
  • Options
    i drive less as much as i did b4 i met my bf . as now he takes me everywhere - mind you i still have a car but its in garage only use it when hes busy haha
  • Options
    piercings, i have 11 and my other half don't like them but they're staying but he don't want me to get anymore but then my mum also said no more.
  • Options
    Sometimes I think you don't realise what you've given up for a relationship until it's over and you realise what you've been missing.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    I would actually rather die than eat meat again

I know thats pretty rude and obnoxious of me to say such a thing but I thought we'd already deterioated to that anyway

Its not rude and obnoxious..thats just personal preference! To be honest id been craving meat for quite a while (and yes,rubberskin,insert own joke here..:b) and was maybe just looking for an excuse to make that leap..he made the argument that if its all organic and well reared then eating meat can still be an ethical choice and i can totally understand that point of view although i do still get a bit of a guilt pang when i look down at my plate and remind myself im eatiog a dead thing..:( On the plus side though Im feeling healthier and stronger than I have in years so at the moment feel it was the right choice for me..:)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Plants are "dead things" too you know... as much as animals are. Attached to its tree (or whatever), it's living. Cut it off, it died. The difference is that it doesn't scream or move.