Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I protested today, did you?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    budda wrote: »
    Well it seems the protests may have done something after all, Brown has said that he's not going to attend the opening ceremony, something he said he would only a week ago.

A spokeswoman for UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown said he would not be attending the opening ceremonies, but had never intended to do so and would be at the closing ceremony.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7339959.stm
  • Options
    Yes, they would say that wouldnt they. However the World Tonight on Radio 4 last night played a clip of him talking a week ago basically saying that he would attend.
  • Options
    To go back a few hundred posts, I just wanted to say that as one of the self-confessed "twunts" in this country who knows next to nothing about politics, I for one have learnt quite a bit about this subject from budda posting this thread.

Just wanted to say budda's aim of highlighting the issue to a wider audience has been achieved, even if it's only to one person - so thanks.
  • Options
    Excellent, that's what it was all about.