Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Well they've gone ahead and done it

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    BlackArab wrote: »
    Verdict: Animals are more intelligent than humans. Fact.

Nope animals are more intelligent that cat owners. The rest of us realise that they are blot upon this earth who's only purpose is to give dogs some exercise in chasing them:D
  • Options
    HunnyPot wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up.

I personally find that very offensive and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one. Please don't ridicule and belittle the scripture and prophecies of peoples' religions because this is chat & debate, not insult & annoy.

Otherwise you could risk sounding bigoted and misinformed regarding the subject of which you are speaking and debasing your argument.

To be frank, and with all due respect, i couldn't give two hoots whether you find it offensive or not. We wouldn't be having this appeal to emotion if we were discussing politics, football, or philosophy, so why should i temper my response because religion's on the cards? If Runnymede tried to shut down discussion and took offence every time i took a pop at the Tories then we'd never get anywhere.

I'm quite well informed about religion; i'm informed enough to know that Christianity is a loose - and crude - plagiarized version of earlier Pagan traditions - which in turn were bastardisations of everything that came before them. And, as such should certainly not be taken into account when making modern-day laws.
  • Options
    Nope animals are more intelligent that cat owners. The rest of us realise that they are blot upon this earth who's only purpose is to give dogs some exercise in chasing them:D

Just emailed the cat, while pissed off that I disturbed her rest she sends you this pic as a reply and says bring it on Dog-Boy!!! :D

http://www.mathimatiko.net/fun/cat_vs_dog.jpg
  • Options

That cat is posessed! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Just emailed the cat, while pissed off that I disturbed her rest she sends you this pic as a reply and says bring it on Dog-Boy!!! :D

http://www.mathimatiko.net/fun/cat_vs_dog.jpg

To be fair all the dogs I've known have always liked cats.....

.... they just couldn't eat a whole one

(boom, boom)
  • Options
    To be fair all the dogs I've known have always liked cats.....

.... they just couldn't eat a whole one

(boom, boom)

:sour:
  • Options
    If humans are supposed to be the clever and advanced animals of this planet, then how come we are the only species destroying and harming the planet?

Im all for this research, even more so since its done with JUST skin cells for crying out loud!
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    If humans are supposed to be the clever and advanced animals of this planet, then how come we are the only species destroying and harming the planet?

If a lion could catch all the prey it wanted it would, thus killing itself and the life cycle in the process. Other animals are restricted in the influence they have, that doesnt make them any better than us.
  • Options
    Runnymede wrote: »
    What does the Church's views on masturbation have to do with it?

the church has a history of rejecting progress full stop. the more we learn about science the more we realize whjat a bunch of controlling brain washers religeon is, the most famous case being because in the bible a man named onan spilled his semen on the floor instead of making a woman pregnant as got had told him he was killed, so the church took it one step further called it onanism and god knows what else and used the concept to control people after all masturbation is totaly normal and almost impossible not to do hence we were all made sinners and at the church mercy, there were even scientists that in keeping with the churchs will cooked up all kinds of so called scietific reasons for not masturbating that had no founding at all and their talks were very popular. the church carries this on now in other forms, I don't say I am for or against all I say is the church should express itself appropriately and know what the hec its talking about instead of acting supersticiously (and supersticion is a sin by the way).
  • Options
    the church has a history of rejecting progress full stop. the more we learn about science the more we realize whjat a bunch of controlling brain washers religeon is, the most famous case being because in the bible a man named onan spilled his semen on the floor instead of making a woman pregnant as got had told him he was killed, so the church took it one step further called it onanism and god knows what else and used the concept to control people after all masturbation is totaly normal and almost impossible not to do hence we were all made sinners and at the church mercy, there were even scientists that in keeping with the churchs will cooked up all kinds of so called scietific reasons for not masturbating that had no founding at all and their talks were very popular. the church carries this on now in other forms, I don't say I am for or against all I say is the church should express itself appropriately and know what the hec its talking about instead of acting supersticiously (and supersticion is a sin by the way).
    The church?
    The Church?
    You make it sound like a place on the corner of your street but ...it is not ...The Church ...or even religion ...it's The Catholic Church.
    Don't be afraid to name and shame them.
  • Options
    The church?
    The Church?
    You make it sound like a place on the corner of your street but ...it is not ...The Church ...or even religion ...it's The Catholic Church.
    Don't be afraid to name and shame them.

not afraid I've lived for 14 years in a catholic environment and saw stupidity flaws and ignorance left right and centre but to me all religeons, catholic, protestant and whatever else derived are just a bunch of controlling people that don't realy on logic but stuborness and what they were taught, I've had many a talk with jehova whitmesses about the blood donation issue and its so silly how they "reason".
    their idea of logic and reasoning is not lets look at facts no its lets bend the facts back to our way of thinking and ignore certain details.

to the point when talking to one guy about the profit ezikel and what he saw, I said do you recognise that ezikel described a physical object he saw, the guy says oh yes of course and after 30 minutes talking we had come back to square one it was all a vision in his mind having started out on the basis that ezikel saw a physical object and didn't dream it they are hopeless but expect to be taken seriously in science