Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How did you discover Thesite.org??

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think i was Googling something to do with Ken Clarke, IIRC, and i came across the forum. Took me ages to realise there was a site behind it all!
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    I was reading an article about a news presenter, Martin somebody-or-other? Anyway, he was involved with TheSite at the time (maybe he still is) and a link was provided.

Lewis the ex BBC Newsreader?

I think he was/ is the founder & Chairman. :chin:
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »

:yes:

He's lovely as well :heart:.
  • Options
    kate- wrote: »
    I think I found it about a year ago when I googled something.
    Took me ages to discover the forums :lol: and even longer to finally register :)

when I was researching somehting for a client re self harm. took me ages to register on the forums tho!
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »

That's the one! :)
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    *points at Zella*

Her fault.
  • Options
    Don't remember, don't care to remember. We're here now, that's what matters.

EDIT: Apologies. I'm in a somewhat devil-may-care mood at the moment.
  • Options
    Can't remember really, think it was something to do with my first gf and the morning after pill. Bad stuff really, she was very immature, abusive and stupid. I was the same though really, but we all learn the hard way sometimes.
    I remember her :p.
  • Options
    it was scribbled on a toilet cubicle wall about directions to glory holes, so i checked it out and it wasnt as expected, so i stayed anyway
  • Options
    I think I found it through google - I was very young and completely crazy in love with this guy and wanted to chaff to others about it. Haha.. then all my mates read it lol.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    it had bad press in the paper (cant remember which one) so i came to see what all the fuss was about :thumb:

for a while i thought there was only a sex forum :o
    News of the World! July 2000!

They also called Dom a nazi or some equivalent.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    News of the World! July 2000!

They also called Dom a nazi or some equivalent.

yeeah, that one.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I read it on the beach in Holiday in Spain then came home and signed up! Man I was like 13 back then, now I'm 21! :(
  • Options
    i was having a crisis in my life because of an ex who was a bit of a bastard and some googling brought me here and i've been here ever since!
  • Options
    I think I found it through google - I was very young and completely crazy in love with this guy and wanted to chaff to others about it. Haha.. then all my mates read it lol.

bwahaha.. sike.

reminds me when I was like 13 and a few classes of our school were on a project week and I wrote that horrible love letter to a girl from a neighbor class. I'm so happy that I can't remember a single word of it, I would cringe!
    well a lot of people read it, she tore it to pieces and that was the end of it. lol.

ahh, kids can be so mean...
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »

reminds me when I was like 13 and a few classes of our school were on a project week and I wrote that horrible love letter to a girl from a neighbor class. I'm so happy that I can't remember a single word of it, I would cringe!
    well a lot of people read it, she tore it to pieces and that was the end of it. lol.

ahh, kids can be so mean...

Cripes, what a peach!

I think I was googling something and stumbled across thesites articles. I noticed they had a messageboard but didn't sign on until a while later.
  • Options
    Googling, thank god for Google! :thumb:
  • Options
    I saw a job advertised at youthnet years ago like 2002 and had a look as i'd reccomended it to a friend - who decided not to reply. I found the boards when i was googling for advice for my friend and kind of stayed..........
  • Options
    A mate wanted me to win an arguement in P&D
  • Options
    a mate was doing a uni project on it and asked me to have a look and fill in a questionaire on what i thought of it.
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    googling drug stuff :thumb:

:yes: Same.... I think I only used the drugs board for ages.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    :yes:

He's lovely as well :heart:.

He = Win
  • Options
    I got some little thing in my email called drug boy. It was like this little cartoon guy that you give different drugs to, and he'd act appropriately. I thought it was funny and followed the link to thesite. Must have been about 15.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    I got some little thing in my email called drug boy. It was like this little cartoon guy that you give different drugs to, and he'd act appropriately. I thought it was funny and followed the link to thesite. Must have been about 15.

Lol I remember playing something like that on Talk To Frank.....you could give this face Marijuana, Ecstasy, Coke or LSD and it would show you what happens to your face when you're high and when you're coming down or something.
  • Options
    i was one off handbag.com who was forwarded here when it closed down. OR something.