Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How did you discover Thesite.org??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I found it about a year ago when I googled something.
Took me ages to discover the forums :lol: and even longer to finally register :)

Comments

• Options
    I think I googled something about Age Gap relationships and TheSite.org popped up, and I'm a forum tart - so joined :D
  • Options
    Can't remember what I googled, but I found the forum. Took me ages to realise that it had all of the articles and stuff.
  • Options
    It was linked to on a forum I used to visit.
  • Options
    Off the BBC website
  • Options
    My mum showed it to me when I first started self-harming. Now she hates it :D
  • Options
    I googled something about drugs I think then I just joined but didn't really come on here much in the first fews months then I started coming on here when I was at work cos I used to get so bored !
  • Options
    One of my best mates is a member and he told me about it.
  • Options
    Yeah, like everyone else, I googled something, and joined to ask a question. I seem to remember it being ages before I realised it wasn't just the forum too :chin:
  • Options
    I remember reading the Daily Mail complaining it was outrageous a website aimed at young people informed them about drugs and talked openly about sex.

After the initial disappointment, I joined :D
  • Options
    School gave us a list of useful websites...Joined to ask a question, now I turn to here whenever I need advice =]
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    I remember reading the Daily Mail complaining it was outrageous a website aimed at young people informed them about drugs and talked openly about sex.

After the initial disappointment, I joined :D
    I'm sure quite a few people joined after reading that :D If the Daily Mail is against something there's more chance I'll be for it :lol:
  • Options
    We were suggested it at school and as I was in my first big relationship and sex was on the cards, I pretty much learnt all the info I needed to off thesite. Big respect for thesite!
  • Options
    googling drug stuff :thumb:
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Just googling when I was bored at work in my old job - stuck around ever since!
  • Options
    I was sent the what animal are you in bed quiz. I'd never been on a message board before so I thought I'd try... had I known then what I do now, I'd of never even taken that quiz :p
  • Options
    my mum told me about it cuz she heard about it from work
  • Options
    I found it 8 years ago in a teen magazine
  • Options
    I actually have no idea how i came across thesite! I just had to go check when i joined, nearly 5 years ago! :eek:
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    I got sent a link to the drugs boy game and discovered the rest of it from there

same here, played the games for ages before I found the forum!
  • Options
    british girl i had smth with introduced me to it, she rarely posts (like once every few months)
  • Options
    Friend of mine.
  • Options
    it had bad press in the paper (cant remember which one) so i came to see what all the fuss was about :thumb:

for a while i thought there was only a sex forum :o
  • Options
    ohh i cant remember how, i think i was googling something, then i spent ages reading it then the forums and then i signed up!
  • Options
    it had bad press in the paper (cant remember which one) so i came to see what all the fuss was about :thumb:

for a while i thought there was only a sex forum :o

ohh why bad press?
  • Options
    It was in the browser cache on the family computer years ago, I had a gander at it and then didn't come back on for a year or so, had a look again when the thought cropped up then found out it had forums. Must have been lurking for ages before I joined.
  • Options
    A girl from school kept going on about her thesite lover, so i came to stalk her a bit :p But i didn't sign up for years later as i couldnt stand the layout back then.
  • Options
    I was reading an article about a news presenter, Martin somebody-or-other? Anyway, he was involved with TheSite at the time (maybe he still is) and a link was provided.
  • Options
    i think i googled it too cnt remeber what i was looking for though
  • Options
    I can't really remember. I know I used to come and look at the site (I think I may have read about it in a newspaper) for quite a while before registering, then once I was at uni and had internet in my room, I registered.
  • Options
    About 3 years ago, a friend of mine was googling something and came across here and another place. The other place he came across he posted on a forum I used to post on. We were talking, he gave me the link to this place and said that this place seems to generally full of people around my age. (the other one wasn't)